Become a Patron!

Another idiot almost burns down a warehouse with a mech...

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Came to work today and at the preshift meeting they go over safety stuff and any incidents in our warehouse network. Well sometime this past weekend someone had an e-cig in their messenger bag and it caught fire and burned out a good portion of the office and almost spread to the warehouse.

They passed around photos of the damage and the device and there it was. A dual 18650 mech box mod. The batteries were intact so it didnt start from there, instead it looks like (and very probably was) the guy just threw the mod in his bag without taking out the batteries and something pressed down the button and the mod started firing until it caught the contents and bag on fire and the rest of the office with it.

Seems like this stuff is happening now a few times a week and most of them are making the news. Hopefully this one stays private, but damn, maybe its time to give IQ tests or safety training before selling someone a mech mod.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You'd think there would be a meda story about this , no?
not if some dumb ass had a mech box continuously fire in his bag until It caught a small enough fire to contain

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people fundamentally don't understand that things they do can impact not only their own well-being, but the well-being of the people in their immediate vicinity. Just look at how they drive! They feel safe in their two-ton, screaming, barreling metal death machines. It's just too bad that all of the safety features in modern vehicles don't have any bearing on the fact that you are riding in something that's 5 times bigger than you, more than 20 times heaver, and is capable of moving 7 times faster than your body is meant to go on its own... ...than your eyes are meant to perceive and your reflexes are meant to react. That shit doesn't change! EVER.

My point is that this particular brand of negligence goes beyond mech mods. This is a symptom of a bigger social problem.

Some people are just generally negligent. They're used to doing stupid shit and not having anything bad happen to them. I really wish the news would focus more on the negligence of people involved in many disastrous events. That is something that people need to be made more aware of. People need to be held accountable for their own self-endangerment. The world is dangerous, yes. And people need to realize that the level of danger present in any given situation is going to depend on how they handle it.

Accidents happen, but when negligence is involved, its not a matter of intent. It's not about whether you meant for it to happen. The problem is that you allowed it to by overlooking the immediate danger. That's why we have the manslaughter charge. When somebody pops a mishandled battery, that's not an accident. It's a mistake, but the outcome is anything but an unknown variable - you are the one responsible for it.

If the news picked this up, they'd point to the dangers of e-cigs as the culprit, but they're not to blame and that's the problem. That's like blaming a fire you started for burning down your house. The dangers are known. And making e-cigs or really anything, for that matter, safer cannot and does not prevent people from willingly endangering themselves and others. Rather than encouraging people to make things safer, we need to start focusing on making people take their safety into their own hands. People need to stop expecting to be protected from things that they can protect themselves from.

I think all of this idiot-proofing that's been implemented in our society has deluded people into thinking the world is a safer place than it actually is. These idiots popping batteries like this probably thought, "What's the worst that could happen?"

It's just sad to me that we live in a world where making mech mod users card carriers doesn't sound like a completely absurd idea. What's even worse is that a card carrying mech-user would probably be no less likely to be a complete fuckwit.

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no news article for it as far as I know. My company is pretty good about keeping stuff like this in house, I could probably snap pictures of the safety briefing, but Im under a confidentiality agreement and they take any kind of leaks seriously even though its not any kind of security company (pretty much a retail brand). Theyve popped several people for posting information they shouldnt on social media and even selling shit they were given free on craigslist.

But the fire was "small" enough to be contained with a couple fire extinguishers, but it did a lot of damage to the office it was in. Basically gutted a quarter of the office.

I was talking to a guy who is really into vaping about it and he said he thought the guy should be held responsible for the damage costs. As far as I know the guy wasnt fired and they are calling it an "accident". I definitely think he should be held responsible for what happened though. Its his own stupidity that caused the fire, definitely not an accident.

Cant wait for the safety committee meeting to go down so I can explain to everyone exactly what happened, as Im 99% sure they have no idea what the actual cause was.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of people fundamentally don't understand that things they do can impact not only their own well-being, but the well-being of the people in their immediate vicinity. Just look at how they drive!

Truer words were never spoken. Just look at the COMPLETE AND TOTAL MORONS who, when sitting at a stoplight, rather than closing up the gap so that maybe someone else can fit in that turn lane, leave 20 FUCKING FEET between themselves and the vehicle in front of them, and if you give them a tap on your horn, they flip you off, as if YOU are the total fuckwit. They're in their own little fucking bubble of ignorance, completely ignorant of the fact that they're sharing the planet with quite a few billion other people.

Andria

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no news article for it as far as I know. My company is pretty good about keeping stuff like this in house, I could probably snap pictures of the safety briefing, but Im under a confidentiality agreement and they take any kind of leaks seriously even though its not any kind of security company (pretty much a retail brand). Theyve popped several people for posting information they shouldnt on social media and even selling shit they were given free on craigslist.

But the fire was "small" enough to be contained with a couple fire extinguishers, but it did a lot of damage to the office it was in. Basically gutted a quarter of the office.

I was talking to a guy who is really into vaping about it and he said he thought the guy should be held responsible for the damage costs. As far as I know the guy wasnt fired and they are calling it an "accident". I definitely think he should be held responsible for what happened though. Its his own stupidity that caused the fire, definitely not an accident.

Cant wait for the safety committee meeting to go down so I can explain to everyone exactly what happened, as Im 99% sure they have no idea what the actual cause was.
Haha, glad to hear your people seem to be approaching this correctly and handling it internally. He absolutely should be held responsible and I hope the committee sees it that way, too. I'd be really surprised if they reached any other conclusion.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just hope this idiot hasn't ruined it for everyone who vapes at your workplace. He should be held responsible. That's a problem today no one is responsible for there own actions. If he had to pay for the repairs he may think twice about being stupid next time.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just hope this idiot hasn't ruined it for everyone who vapes at your workplace. He should be held responsible. That's a problem today no one is responsible for there own actions. If he had to pay for the repairs he may think twice about being stupid next time.

Well funny you should say that, I forgot to mention that the warehouse this happened in (not my own location) went into a sort of safety shutdown, which basically means that from the time of the accident up until the investigation is over (which could take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks) they have banned all tobacco products, all matches, lighters, and other flame producing items, and of course, all ecigarettes and ecigarette paraphernalia, as well as anything else they view as a fire threat (the brief only mentioned tobacco products, matches/lighters, and ecigs by name).

So not only did he fuck it up for vapers, he also fucked it up for smokers as well (at least for now). And its entirely possible that after the investigation they might ban ecigs outright, if they deem the ecig as the sole cause of the fire, possibly company wide. This company takes safety extremely seriously, and its not just a saying like at other warehouses, its legit. Im hoping that any vapers that might be on the safety committees in this company can explain exactly what the real cause was, because you just know the guy whos ecig it was is going to try his best to blame it all on the device/batteries and no doubt cite all the other instances where the ecig itself was squarely blamed

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here is the mod in question. I figure just showing the picture shouldnt land me in any trouble. You can see it looks like a dual battery mech mod with whats left of an RDA on top of it. The batteries are still looking intact, so highly highly unlikely they were the cause. Im sticking to thinking the button got pressed down by something and fired until it set the bag on fire. I cant help but wonder how long with was in that bag firing before it caught fire.

2a0diza.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The only accident that happened here was the idiots conception, and that's on his parents....this was negligence plain and simple, and by letting this twat skate from his rsponsibility by tossing the responsiblity of the mod allows people to cling to the misguided notion that vaping is dangerous....if this guy had thrown a couple of 18650 flashlight batteries in his pack and they hard shorted people would hold him responsible, not the flashlight..but because he is not stepping forward to explain his fault these people are now banning vaping and smoking instead of banning stupid fucks.
It's getting really stupid hearing this knee jerk fear mongering about mech mods.....most of vaping has been done on mech mods, and there wasn't this rash of accidents..it's not the mods it's the people using them...

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How could those batts be in the middle of a fire, and be in such good shape? How do they know it was the mod and not something else in the bag?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only accident that happened here was the idiots conception, and that's on his parents....this was negligence plain and simple, and by letting this twat skate from his rsponsibility by tossing the responsiblity of the mod allows people to cling to the misguided notion that vaping is dangerous....if this guy had thrown a couple of 18650 flashlight batteries in his pack and they hard shorted people would hold him responsible, not the flashlight..but because he is not stepping forward to explain his fault these people are now banning vaping and smoking instead of banning stupid fucks.
It's getting really stupid hearing this knee jerk fear mongering about mech mods.....most of vaping has been done on mech mods, and there wasn't this rash of accidents..it's not the mods it's the people using them...
I agree 100% with what you said but it's what I call the grade school solution. Well class someone trashed the playground and were too lazy or incompetent to find out who to punish so no one gets recess today. Chapped my ass then and chaps my ass now but what you gonna do.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How could those batts be in the middle of a fire, and be in such good shape? How do they know it was the mod and not something else in the bag?
It wasn't the mod that was on fire -- It's what was above it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree 100% with what you said but it's what I call the grade school solution. Well class someone trashed the playground and were too lazy or incompetent to find out who to punish so no one gets recess today. Chapped my ass then and chaps my ass now but what you gonna do.

It's also how they do things in the military, at least in basic training... If one person fucks up, the whole flight or troop has to suffer. They say it's to teach "teamwork"... what it really teaches is vigilante-ism, finding and punishing the perpetrator OURSELVES if "management" won't step up. Obviously the moron who caused that fire is known -- now it's on his co-workers to mete out punishment if the company won't do it properly.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Phone books and rubber hose ass beating is in order.

Tell the dumb bastard, that next time he feels the need to fuck around with something simpler that a rubber band he should go walk in front of a train... they slow down for you.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
should be disciplined with a rubber hose
Phone books and rubber hose ass beating is in order.

Tell the dumb bastard, that next time he feels the need to fuck around with something simpler that a rubber band he should go walk in front of a train... they slow down for you.
B2Hx8OM.gif

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Angry mob with torches and pitchforks is what I thought.
Or a leg of lamb ... won't brake too many bones but hurts like hell and leaves you black and blue all over.

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They don't look like they are in very good shape. Looks pretty burnt up. They don't explode into pieces when they vent.
Example:
2zny04g.jpg

This one gave the guy 3rd degree burns the pic caption said.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They don't look like they are in very good shape. Looks pretty burnt up. They don't explode into pieces when they vent.
Example:
2zny04g.jpg

This one gave the guy 3rd degree burns the pic caption said.
I meant for being in the middle of a massive fire. Nothing to do with venting.
I do think they are in very good shape for being in a fire.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviving this thread, because....wooo another fucking retarded dickhead fucked it up for everyone! Seems to be a theme in the vaping community.

Some idiot stuck his mod in his back pocket and set his fucking pants on fire. Company said "Thats it, yall are done with that shit" and banned e-cigs/vapes and all accessories inside their buildings, company wide. They said its because their batteries can explode and cause fires. So their solution is to make use keep them in our cars...in the summer...in the heat...with batteries. Stupidity runs rampant.

But this is why we cant have nice things! We fuck it all up ourselves! Vapers are stupid as hell as a whole. Im smart and know my shit, you might be smart and know your shit, but the damn cloud chucking bros out there are retarded as shit and have totally ruined a good thing. We should have just had a 21 y/o age limit, IQ test, and mandatory safety training from the start. Yeah, its harsh and restrictive, but its harsh and restrictive to the ones that would fuck the shit up in the first place.

Im mad.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reviving this thread, because....wooo another fucking retarded dickhead fucked it up for everyone! Seems to be a theme in the vaping community.

Some idiot stuck his mod in his back pocket and set his fucking pants on fire. Company said "Thats it, yall are done with that shit" and banned e-cigs/vapes and all accessories inside their buildings, company wide. They said its because their batteries can explode and cause fires. So their solution is to make use keep them in our cars...in the summer...in the heat...with batteries. Stupidity runs rampant.

But this is why we cant have nice things! We fuck it all up ourselves! Vapers are stupid as hell as a whole. Im smart and know my shit, you might be smart and know your shit, but the damn cloud chucking bros out there are retarded as shit and have totally ruined a good thing. We should have just had a 21 y/o age limit, IQ test, and mandatory safety training from the start. Yeah, its harsh and restrictive, but its harsh and restrictive to the ones that would fuck the shit up in the first place.

Im mad.

I understand you are pissed (hell, I'm pissed for you) but mandatory this and that gives gravitas for the vape-haters to over regulate us even further, even though cigarettes cause more fires and property destruction than vaping has

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well zero regulation gets us this. Tons of bad press, people getting hurt, and shitty stigmas.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lack of regulation may be the cause. But it wasn't a lack of Governmental regulation... These thing are caused by a lack of self control or SELF regulation.

We do not need the government to keep us safe. We can do that ourselves. Nature will sort the rest.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And any company would play hell telling me what I can or can't have in my purse. Maybe it's time for a man-purse. :D

Andria

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And any company would play hell telling me what I can or can't have in my purse. Maybe it's time for a man-purse. :D

Andria

That was my first thought (the disobedience, not the purse lmao), but they made it a point to say being caught with a an e-cig inside the building will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Mother fuckers are ready to fire long term employees over a vape. Unreal. I really really REALLY wanna unionize the place. Management plays it really fast and loose with these "rules". I mean, high paying factory/warehouse/logistics jobs are almost always unionized. Ive never had a job making more than $20/hr that WASNT uniionized.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was my first thought (the disobedience, not the purse lmao), but they made it a point to say being caught with a an e-cig inside the building will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Mother fuckers are ready to fire long term employees over a vape. Unreal. I really really REALLY wanna unionize the place. Management plays it really fast and loose with these "rules". I mean, high paying factory/warehouse/logistics jobs are almost always unionized. Ive never had a job making more than $20/hr that WASNT uniionized.

This goes a long way to explaining why I'm a hermit -- I refuse to work for those with 2-digit IQs. My husband figures it's better for me to stay home, than become completely suicidal (or possibly homicidal!) over having to interact with idiots, and be completely at their mercy. But I still maintain: my purse, my property, nobody's biz but MINE. What they didn't know would never hurt them... or me. :D

Andria

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Truer words were never spoken. Just look at the COMPLETE AND TOTAL MORONS who, when sitting at a stoplight, rather than closing up the gap so that maybe someone else can fit in that turn lane, leave 20 FUCKING FEET between themselves and the vehicle in front of them, and if you give them a tap on your horn, they flip you off, as if YOU are the total fuckwit. They're in their own little fucking bubble of ignorance, completely ignorant of the fact that they're sharing the planet with quite a few billion other people.

Andria
Not trying to argue, but $0.02 from a professional truck driver. I have been Through multiple defensive driving courses throughout my employment. I have been thought that while at a red light, if you cannot see the bottom of the rear tires of the vehicle in front of you, you are too close.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Im mad.
I just stumbled onto this thread. This is effed up, workplaces coming up with their own bans due to the dumbassness of a few. It's probably only a matter of time at my job as well. I already have a few feild supervisors on my ass about charging my 18650s in the shop break room. They have acted like I am putting THEM in some kind of danger. They immediately got the scientific explanation (truth) from me, but we will see what happens. Most people are sheep who believe whatever the mass media feeds them. The kind of people who get distracted by all the fighting over which bathroom some people should use while the biggest paradigm shift in public health gets regulated out of existence...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not trying to argue, but $0.02 from a professional truck driver. I have been Through multiple defensive driving courses throughout my employment. I have been thought that while at a red light, if you cannot see the bottom of the rear tires of the vehicle in front of you, you are too close.

I know there are times when leaving a fair gap is a good idea -- when sitting at a light while being pointed uphill, in case the driver in front of you has a standard shift and isn't good at shifting gears. But other than that, it's just plain rude, especially in heavy traffic; one of the roads near us has a decent left turn lane, but the idiots won't close up the gaps, so the cars in the left turn lane spill into the regular left lane, screwing up traffic for a couple miles back. It's a nightmare, trying to make your way thru that intersection in any direction, between 4:30 and 6pm. The problem might still be there due to high traffic volume, but closing the gaps would lessen its severity quite a bit -- and it's perfectly flat there, so there's no reason not to close the gaps.

Andria

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know there are times when leaving a fair gap is a good idea -- when sitting at a light while being pointed uphill, in case the driver in front of you has a standard shift and isn't good at shifting gears. But other than that, it's just plain rude, especially in heavy traffic; one of the roads near us has a decent left turn lane, but the idiots won't close up the gaps, so the cars in the left turn lane spill into the regular left lane, screwing up traffic for a couple miles back. It's a nightmare, trying to make your way thru that intersection in any direction, between 4:30 and 6pm. The problem might still be there due to high traffic volume, but closing the gaps would lessen its severity quite a bit -- and it's perfectly flat there, so there's no reason not to close the gaps.

Andria
I do see it both ways. One has to use discretion and common sense. Unfortunately something not everyone has acquired. One thing that really gets me going is drivers that like to camp out on the passenger side of my trailer. I really cannot see your car there. That driver is a ghost.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do see it both ways. One has to use discretion and common sense. Unfortunately something not everyone has acquired. One thing that really gets me going is drivers that like to camp out on the passenger side of my trailer. I really cannot see your car there. That driver is a ghost.

Yeah I imagine that's as unnerving to a big truck as big trucks are to me! Anytime I have to pass one, I try to get by it just as fast as I possibly can -- and those big trucks are why we had to go to a pickup with big tires rather than a car -- those big trucks make me feel I'm about to be squashed like a bug! Everytime we'd be beside one on the highway, I'd have a screaming panic attack and almost end up huddled in the footwell!

Andria

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just stumbled onto this thread. This is effed up, workplaces coming up with their own bans due to the dumbassness of a few. It's probably only a matter of time at my job as well. I already have a few feild supervisors on my ass about charging my 18650s in the shop break room. They have acted like I am putting THEM in some kind of danger. They immediately got the scientific explanation (truth) from me, but we will see what happens. Most people are sheep who believe whatever the mass media feeds them. The kind of people who get distracted by all the fighting over which bathroom some people should use while the biggest paradigm shift in public health gets regulated out of existence...
That last line so explains this country as a whole, and its fucking almost poetic. People are blinded by their tv screens, computer monitors, phone screens and other bullshit. So much so that the shit that should be the real hot button issues, and the shit thatREALLY matters, goes totally unnoticed.

Its fucking infuriating. Im ready to firebomb the fucking building and everone else is like "oh well, rules are rulez". Well when people making rules have lower iqs than their age, rules arent rules, rules are bullshit ideas from the safety police trying to nerf the world and ruining it in the process

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That last line so explains this country as a whole, and its fucking almost poetic. People are blinded by their tv screens, computer monitors, phone screens and other bullshit. So much so that the shit that should be the real hot button issues, and the shit thatREALLY matters, goes totally unnoticed.

Its fucking infuriating. Im ready to firebomb the fucking building and everone else is like "oh well, rules are rulez". Well when people making rules have lower iqs than their age, rules arent rules, rules are bullshit ideas from the safety police trying to nerf the world and ruining it in the process

My attitude has always been, rules are made to be broken, unless you're a sheep -- the mere existence of a rule gives me good ideas about things to do, to poke that rule in the eye. I'm certainly not and never have been a sheep.

Andria

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I imagine that's as unnerving to a big truck as big trucks are to me! Anytime I have to pass one, I try to get by it just as fast as I possibly can -- and those big trucks are why we had to go to a pickup with big tires rather than a car -- those big trucks make me feel I'm about to be squashed like a bug! Everytime we'd be beside one on the highway, I'd have a screaming panic attack and almost end up huddled in the footwell!

Andria
Speaking for all truck drivers, your fear/respect I'd appreciated. There are areas surrounding the truck where a car is invisible. We need 10 times the distance to stop. Not to mention a tire can shred at any moment without reason. A price of tread can be thrown through a windshield. The multiple axles/wheels are there for redundancy, as well as weight distribution. Bottom line is if there is an accident, unless it is with another big truck, the truck is going to win.
When things go wrong, fingers usually get pointed at the truck. At least initially. No matter who is initially at fault. Unfortunately there are lawyers out there whose only practice is truck accidents.
But the world leaves themselves in such a damn hurry that people feel like they have to do something stupid to buy a Few extra seconds on their journey. And curse our very existence. But we are a necessary part of society. Everything a person owns was at one point in time on the back of a truck.

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wow ROMFFL... "Nerf the world '....:tantrum:

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking for all truck drivers, your fear/respect I'd appreciated. There are areas surrounding the truck where a car is invisible. We need 10 times the distance to stop. Not to mention a tire can shred at any moment without reason. A price of tread can be thrown through a windshield. The multiple axles/wheels are there for redundancy, as well as weight distribution. Bottom line is if there is an accident, unless it is with another big truck, the truck is going to win.
When things go wrong, fingers usually get pointed at the truck. At least initially. No matter who is initially at fault. Unfortunately there are lawyers out there whose only practice is truck accidents.
But the world leaves themselves in such a damn hurry that people feel like they have to do something stupid to buy a Few extra seconds on their journey. And curse our very existence. But we are a necessary part of society. Everything a person owns was at one point in time on the back of a truck.
Up here heavy equipment is routinely given the right of way by most people on the hi-way . the ones that work around it anyway . The problem people are those that work in the city , dumb ass office types that shouldent have licences in the 1st place . Thay drive from the outskirts to there jobs in the city and thay drive like assholes . Then on the weekends thay are just a nucince on the roads .But the Trucks are given the benefit of the doubt here by the RCMP.mostly because most of the problems are clearly not there doing .Thay are still in a shitpile of trouble but thats because most of the people that cross the line and try to take one on lose with extreme prejudice .

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ive worked around trucks most of my life, either unlaoding or coordinating or whatever, and just standing in front of one is just like "why the hell is it so big?!" There almost shkuldnt be things that big moving that fast.

But im not gonna lie, qhen i get stuck behind one on the road at a red light and it takes off so slow im definitely cursing them out. Theyre all kinds of cock sucking assholes lol. Being in a car just takes the cencership outta everyones mind and we say shit that wed never ever say to or in front of another person.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never forget the lug nut rule. The vehicle with the most lug nuts wins regardless of who's at fault in a collision.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure how this will come across, and it's sort of hijacking a thread. That said...

Speaking for all truck drivers, your fear/respect I'd appreciate

I've logged 180,000+ miles across 44 states. But in four-wheelers. The most helpful concept for me has been "Truck drivers own the road." You touched on the big reasons already.

We're just borrowing a small piece of your real estate.

Any larger vehicle should automatically win. Dick-swinging shouldn't apply. If everyone respected the multi-ton differences of speeding metal, there would be fewer pedestrians running out in traffic, or stopping in the middle of the intersection to wag their finger at someone they think is going too fast.

Sure, there are assholes in trucks. But people driving normal cars pull the same stunts.

I had a CB for most of those miles. Saved me from more than a few tickets. It was interesting hearing truckers talking shop. My favorite topic was truck-stop prostitutes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how this will come across, and it's sort of hijacking a thread. That said...

I've logged 180,000+ miles across 44 states. But in four-wheelers. The most helpful concept for me has been "Truck drivers own the road." You touched on the big reasons already.

We're just borrowing a small piece of your real estate.

Any larger vehicle should automatically win. Dick-swinging shouldn't apply. If everyone respected the multi-ton differences of speeding metal, there would be fewer pedestrians running out in traffic, or stopping in the middle of the intersection to wag their finger at someone they think is going too fast.

Sure, there are assholes in trucks. But people driving normal cars pull the same stunts.

I had a CB for most of those miles. Saved me from more than a few tickets. It was interesting hearing truckers talking shop. My favorite topic was truck-stop prostitutes.

Totally agree. The only thing slower than a semi-truck to start or stop... is a fucking TRAIN! But some idiots play chicken with those too!

But in a consumer society, trucks and trains really should be WORSHIPPED ON BENDED KNEE!

Andria

VU Sponsors