Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Creed RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Geekvape Creed RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Geekvape Creed RTA is one of the latest RTAs from Geekvape who really doesn’t need much of an introduction. They are one of the most popular manufacturers in vaping today and have been doing a great job as of late. The aegis legend, the nova both great mods. They made an affordable dual battery squonk mod in the gbox S200 earlier this year as well and plenty of good atomizers even dating back to the griffin a few years ago and made some of my favorite single coil RTAs to date in the pharaoh, pharaoh mini, and ammit 25 (digiflavor is the same company as geekvape). So they have in my eyes a stellar record of products. The Geekvape Creed is a 25mm base, 30mm at its widest point, dual coil DTL RTA with a 2 post deck and 6.5ml max capacity. It’s available in 6 colors Black, SS, Blue, Gunmetal, Rainbow and Gold. Looking around online i see it in the 25-35 USD Price range, cheapest at elementvape at 25.95 USD so very good price point as well and easy to find.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 4.5mL Standard Juice Capacity
  • 6.5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Spacious Build Deck
  • Two-Post - Single Terminal Per Post Design
  • Top-Secured via Slotted Flathead Screws
  • Large Terminals For Easy Coil Lead Placement
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Three Interchangeable Internal Airflow Options
  • Three External Air Slots - Adjustable AFC Ring
  • 18mm 810 ULTEM Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Silver, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue, Black
Included in box:
  • 1 Creed RTA
  • 3 Internal Airflow Chambers
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 1 510 Drip Tip
  • 1 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 Spare Parts Pack
  • 1 User Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RTA I was kind of iffy on it. It does have a lot of good going for it with the large capacity, bottom airflow, and simple nice design but in the same sense the airflow chambers felt gimmicky so i was curious to try that out and the deck seemed really dated. Kind of a mixed bag. Quality an accessory wise though it was just as i would expect from geekvape. Nicely built and plenty of accessories. Overall i had mixed feelings on this one.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic 2 post deck so nothing fancy or different but it’s also a 1 hole per post deck and not the “velocity style” 2 holes per post. That was a bit disappointing since your coil leads have to share post holes and be installed at the same time. Not the easiest deck to build on out there and feels a bit outdated. The post screws come from the top the down so flat wire leads won’t be bent which is nice and they use good quality flat head grub screws. I prefer hex but flathead is ok too so no complaints there. Overall not a fan of the deck personally and not the easiest to build on

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just make sure not to overstuff them and drop them right in the cutouts made for them and leave a little bit of room. Really simple and easy to wick

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only it does have a blocker in the pics to do single coil but my sample didn’t come with one and i’m not a fan of doing that anyway so nothing lost there. I ran 4 builds in it. 3 fancy builds 2 at 3mm ID and 1 at 3.5mm ID and one simple round build at 3mm ID. Each build was used with each of the 3 airflow chambers. It’s DTL for sure and pretty airy especially with the chambers that have side airflow as well. Performance was good not great from this RTA and didn't’ work well with the simple round build. It’s best with 3-3.5mm ID fancy builds for sure and even at that slightly above average flavorwise. It also clearly works best with the no side airflow chamber as you lose flavor with the other 2 making it not a very good RTA flavorwise so they pretty much turned out to be gimmicks. Overall with a large fancy build and the no side airflow chamber it’s a good RTA but not a great one performance wise.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 3 large air holes equally spaced apart that you can adjust from the outside. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod and has great cutouts for grip. Very well done. The air is nice and smooth, no whistle on any setting and pretty quiet. They also include 3 different air chambers. One closes off side air making it bottom only, one has 8 decent sized holes on each side 2 rows of 4 and the 3rd has 6 long vertical holes of varying heights on each side but those are kind of useless and hurt performance so it’s best to stick with the no side airflow chamber insert. Cool idea overall but not useful.

The top fill is your standard screw off top cap.It works great as there is nice raised bumps for the top cap to grip and spin off easily and the threading is excellent. The fill holes are large and can be filled with any type of bottle and you can just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is also a ton of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 ultem/metal drip tip, an 810 clear drip tip (i’d guess is PMMA) a 510 black delrin drip tip and a 510 tip adapter. Everything you can ask for there and then some. The drip tip fits nice. Not too snug but not too loose and you can use any of your own tips 810 and 510. It comes with 2 tanks as well, a standard 4.5ml tank and a bubble 6.5ml tank. The Creed RTA also includes plenty of extra o-rings including different color ones, 3 spare post screws a screwdriver tool. No coils or cotton came in mine but not a big deal but would have been nice not that i personally use them anyway.

The quality on the Geekvape Creed RTA is excellent. As usual their products are great quality especially at the price point. All the threading is really nice and smooth, there is texture everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart and you can remove the deck with an almost full tank which is nice, I’d say about 80% full or less and you can rebuild without dumping the tank. The coloring is hard to judge since i just have the plain Silver one but it’s a nice matte silver. It’s a 25mm diameter RTA but bulges out to 30mm at its widest point, so it shouldn’t overhang most mods. The 4.5 ml capacity is average but the 6.5ml included bubble glass is a really nice capacity. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Just creed written on the chamber visible through the glass.

Pros:
  • Excellent Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips, a 510 drip tip, and a 510 adapter included
  • good quality flat head grub post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Excellent threading
  • nice 6.5 ml capacity with included bubble glass
  • standard 4.5ml and buble 6.5ml tanks included.
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 3 spare post screws
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle on any setting
  • Simple screw off top fill design
  • great texture everywhere it’s needed
  • easy to wick
Cons:
  • The build deck is outdated and not builder friendly
  • including a set of coils and some cotton would have been nice
  • best case scenario flavor is average to a little above average
  • air chamber inserts are a gimmick that don’t add any value
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one I had to wrestle a bit with and ultimately decided to give it a 50/50. It’s not a bad RTA but it’s not a great one either which is a shame since not too many dual coil RTAs have come out in 2018. But when I think about the performance it doesn't beat out the other good ones in 2018 or even match up and then 2017 where there were a ton of good dual coil RTAs that are still worth buying it can’t really stack up to those either. Then add in the deck where you have to share post holes and install coils at the same time, the pointless air inserts where 2 of them mute the flavor it all adds up to a well built RTA that is just ok. It’s not bad, but it’s not great either. Kind of mediocre overall. I wouldn’t advise people not to buy it, but i wouldn’t tell people to buy it either when there are much better options out there. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Geekvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors