Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: OBS Crius 2 RTA Review. Best Single Coil RTA of 2017?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the OBS Crius 2 RTA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to be from elementvape.com for the purpose of this review.

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The OBS Crius 2 is a new single coil RTA from OBS. It features a unique single post build deck and bottom and side air flow. It’s a side fill “GTA” style RTA with a decent 3.5ml capacity. It’s available in 5 colors SS, Black, Blue, Gold, and Rainbow

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 3.5mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • 24K Gold-Plated Build Deck
  • Unique Clamp-Style Single-Post Design
  • Zirconia Material Shelf Terminal for Coil Leads
  • Centrally Secured via Phillips Screws
  • PEEK Insulators
  • Single Coil Configuration
  • Domical Top Cap Design
  • Shorter Shalf Section - Flavor Enhancement
  • Central Internal Airtube
  • Horizontal Internal Airslot - Slightly Angled Channel
  • Exterior Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control
  • Sliding Top-Fill Method
  • Convenient Side Oblong Fill Hole
  • 10mm 510 Resin Widebore Drip Tip
  • Components Detachable for Cleaning
  • Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Included in box:
  • 1 OBS Crius 2 RTA
  • 1 Extra Glass Tube
  • 1 Organic Cotton
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 1 Set of Wire
  • Screws and O-Rings
  • Instruction Manual
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
obs_crius_ii_rta_-_single-post.jpg

Included Coil:
Ipav8d.jpg

Box and Contents:
hLscLI.jpg

Build Deck:
5cJuNh.jpg

Build Deck 2:
6YR3FV.jpg

Coil Installed:
SJq2wd.jpg

Disassembled:
oNn6Yd.jpg

Built and Wicked:
VIzunV.jpg

Built and Wicked 2:
FKL3M4.jpg

Handcheck:
WFJwEp.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA i was pretty impressed with the deck design. It’s something new but also quite functional and not different just ot be different. It uses the dual air bottom and side like the original ammit but has more air flow. I liked the standard OBS fill style as well with a pop up top that exposes the fill hole from the side. The “GTA” style RTAs are great as well as they don’t leak, are easy to wick, and provide great flavor. The Resin 510 drip tip is a nice touch as well.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a interesting build deck i haven’t seen before. They call it a 1 post deck which i’m OK with. It has a small positive and negative “nubs” and a clamp that comes down on top connecting the 2. The clamp is a non conductive zirconia material. It uses a triangle head screw, 1st time I seen this on vape gear personally. I doubt many people will have triangle head screwdrivers on hand but the included one is decent and the screw itself is great quality. It’s not a spring loaded clamp but the screw has a lock under the deck so when you unscrew the clamp it raises up. Excellent idea and no worries about the longevity of a spring. What it winds up being is an extremely simple and easy to use deck where you insert your leads under the clamp and keep the coil in place with your jig and just tighten 1 screw to lock the coil into place. I think beginners will find it very easy to learn on.

Wicking is also quite simple as well like most GTA style RTAs. the wick holes are large and can accomodate plenty of cotton just feed them through to the bottom of deck. No special tricks or anything needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it exclusively as a single coil RTA as it’s intended to be. I used 2 fancy coil builds and 2 contact round builds and 1 spaced build ranging from 3mm ID to 4mm ID. I found 3 to be a nice sweet spot but honestly every build worked very good in it. I also used the included coil which was good at around 40-45 watts. Flavor i get from this is excellent. It has quite a bit of air and is a full DTL vape. I’d say it’s good in the range of 40-80 watts. Very impressed with the performance of it. Leakwise not a single drop from anywhere on it. GTA style means no JFC is needed so no press fit parts to worry about. No seeping from the 510 pin or anything and extremely minimal condensation. Barely noticable.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Overall I was pretty impressed with the RTA. I’ve had a few OBS products. The Crius Plus which was solid, and the engine which i really disliked. The crius 2 is the best OBS product i’ve used for sure. The quality is excellent especially at the price point. It’s also an extremely simple RTA that breaks down into only 3 parts. Your base, your glass, and your top cap. Very easy to take apart and clean. All the threading is nice as well. The top fill is very easy to use. Just pull it up to expose the large fill hole then close it down. Also due to this design it’s nearly impossible to over tighten when putting it together. The resin 510 tip is a nice addition as well. I wish more RTAs included resin tips. I prefer them to ultem or delrin personally. Bottom Airflow is on a stopper and smooth and easy to adjust while on the mod. I was disappointed a little that they didn’t include a spare post screw or spare clamp though. But the triangle head should last a long time and not strip. The black one has a matte finish like other black OBS atomizers and looks nice. OBS logo is engraved in the top cap and crius 2 is engraved on the chamber. Overall really impressed with this RTA

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • Price Point (around 30 bucks)
  • Resin 510 tip
  • build deck and good quality post screw
  • Side fill design is great
  • airflow adjustment is easy and smooth
  • excellent flavor
Cons:
  • 3.5mm capacity is a little small
  • no spare post screw included
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean heavily towards the yes. It’s one of the best flavor single coil RTAs i’ve had to date. It’s also quite versatile and doesn't need a massive build but can also handle a massive build if you want. it’s easy to build on, great quality, great price and I struggled to find anything wrong with the RTA. It’s one of the best options to date for a single coil RTA. I’ve added this to my spreadsheet

The OBS Crius 2 can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/obs-crius-ii-rta-single-post for 32.95

Feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

I want to thank you guys for reading. This is Anthony Vapes, just keeping it honest as always, hopefully you all can say you’re doing the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Big thanks again to elementvape.com for sending me these for the purpose of this review.

VU Sponsors