Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite RTA Review. Single coil RTA Vapers Rejoice?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite is the latest RTA from steam crave who I consider to be a very underrated manufacturer. They don’t push out a new RTA every month like many so they aren’t very popular or always talked about but they usually are on point when they do release a product. The Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite is a single coil version of the popular aromamizer series and a 23mm single coil DTL and MTL RTA with postless deck and 3.5-4.5 ml capacity. It’s available in 3 colors Black, SS and Gunmetal and is available on their site directly for 40-43 bucks depending on color choice

Manufacturer's Specs
  • The Flavor Chasing Single Coil RTA
  • Small and Compact 23mm Tank
  • Designed for restrictive DL and MTL
  • 2 drip tips and 2 AFC airhole options for restricted DL & MT.
  • 3.5ml juice capacity, bubble glass 4.5ml included
  • Combination and improved version of Aromamizer RDTA V2 and Supreme Lite.
Included in box:
  • 1 x Aromamizer Lite RTA whole unit (with DL drip tip)
  • 1 x Spare 3.5ml glass
  • 1 x Spare 4.5ml bubble glass
  • 1 x Spare o rings and grub screws
  • 1x Allen Key
  • 1x MTL drip tip
  • 1x Manual
  • 1 x Steam Crave sticker
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty happy to see it. The single coil RTA market has been really bad for the past 18 months or so, so I was hoping that this could turn that around and give people a good single coiler we’ve been lacking. Especially with their history of good atomizers. On top of that it’s meant to be versatile and fill a big gap as well. Style wise it’s a typical steam crave atty which always looks good. I own all the aromamizer RTAs made over the past 3-4 years and this doesn't deviate much at all so I was pretty impressed from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic Postless deck. The post holes are nice and large to accommodate any wire type you’d use in this really. The post screws are nice quality hex grub screws which are my favorites and 12 spare ones are included 4 silver and 4 black hex grub screws and 4 silver flat head screws so you get both options and a ton of spares which is great. The screws come in from the side in a way that flat wires like fused claptons won’t be bent when installing. Since it is postless you do need to precut your leads. They list in the manual to use 4.5mm leads and I found that to be correct and great coil placement. Plenty of room as well to fit a 4mm ID coil as well. Overall it’s an excellent deck that’s easy to build on and one of my personal favorite types of decks, but may not be ideal for new builders because postless decks aren’t always the easiest to build on since you have to pre-cut your leads and they didn’t include a tool for pre-cutting which would have been nice to have and it seems more and more companies are including those these days.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. It really likes a lot of cotton. The manual states to cut the cotton at the o-ring on the deck and it is also correct. Cutting it to that length fits perfect so using that guide and not thinning out your cotton works perfect.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only as intended. I ran 6 builds in it. 2 MTL builds for 20 or less watt usage using simple round wire (3mm ID and 2.5mm ID), and 4 DTL builds, 3 fancy builds at 3mm ID, 3.5mm ID, and 4mm ID and one simple round build at 4mm ID. I’ll start off with the MTL and on the lowest air setting it provides a loose MTL but solid performance flavorwise. It’s not going to replace your berserker or hastur mini but it’s a solid MTL performer for sure probably more similar to what you can do with a savour or chalice RTA. I’m surprised how well it worked for that. Going up to the 2nd smallest airhole is more of a really restricted DTL then any sort of MTL though. Now for the DTL part, You can adjust the air from a really restricted DTL to a pretty open DTL and everything in between with that said, it worked well with all the builds flavorwise. Your muting and intensity will vary depending on how you build it but it’s a good performer across the board with round wire and big fancy wires in DTL mode anywhere from 35-60 watts no issue. I found it overall best with the air fully open and a big fancy build a 4mm ID where the muting is almost non existent and the intensity is nice and strong for the watt range, but it really is versatile and works well across the board for any single coil vaper who doesn't want a super tight MTL or a super airy kylin mini like vape. More often than not, RTAs that try to do too much usually don’t excel anywhere, but in this case the aromamizer lite does and it’s easily the best flavor single coil RTA i've come across since late 2017 and has a nice range and doesn't need a specific build to be good. I do recommend though a minimum of 3mm ID.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a Side airflow RTA with 10 medium sized round holes on each side internally but you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. The outside adjust allows for 2 small hole options or an oval slim shape or a large oval shape. Tons of air options and provides a loose MTL to a solid DTL and everything in between. The AFC is nice and smooth and easy to adjust but no stopper and just free spins. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod. Very well done. The air is nice and smooth, no whistle on any setting and pretty quiet but on some settings can be a little louder than others. There is an arrow to show you where to line up your air as well.

The top fill is your standard screw off top cap to expose the 2 large fill holes. The threading is great and smooth and there is nice knurling for grip as well. The fill holes are a great size and can be filled with any type of bottle or you can just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is also a great amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with 2 standard 510 delrin drip tips, one for MTL and one for DTL. Can’t complain there as they always do basic tips but a resin one would have been nice. The drip tip fits nice. Not too snug but not too loose and most 510 tips fit well on it as long as they have o-rings. I sued the crown 3 tips on mine quite a bit as I like the way they looked. It comes with 2 tanks a standard 3.5ml glass and a 4.5ml bubble glass, Plenty of extra o-rings and 12 spare post screws as well and a tri-tool. Would have been nice if they threw in a couple of coils and some cotton as well but not a big deal and a coi lead cutting tool would have been nice as well.

The quality on the Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite RTA is excellent. As usual their products really have a high end feel but don’t cost much more than most mass produced RTAs on the market. Feels like it’s worth more than the price tag for sure and not your typical 30-40 dollar RTA. All the threading is really nice and smooth, there is Knurling everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart but has a lot of pieces to it like all their products and the coloring looks excellent. It’s a 23mm diameter RTA so it should fit easily on most mods. The 3.5ml capacity is good depending on your build but a little small if you use a huge coil, the 4.5ml capacity is pretty average for a single coiler so can't complain too much. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Just on the top piece the words “aromamizer lite RTA”. It’s a nice looking RTA and similar to the older aromamizers.

Pros:
  • Excellent Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 510 Drip Tips included (one for MTL one for DTL)
  • excellent quality hex grub post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Excellent threading
  • nice easy to build and wick postless deck
  • 3.5ml and 4.5ml capacity options included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 12 spare post screws
  • excellent flavor for a single coil RTA
  • very versatile build options where it can perform good
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle on any setting
  • Simple screw off top fill design
  • great knurling everywhere it’s needed
Cons:
  • Postless decks aren't really beginner friendly
  • including a set of coils and some cotton would have been nice
  • Coil lead cutting tool would have been nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. It’s been a while since a really good single coil RTA has been released and it’s versatility fills a much needed gap in the market as well. This one is an easy buy it and love it if you want a single coil RTA since sadly all the other good options aren’t easily available anymore due to being over a year old, we really needed this for sure. I added this to my sheet of recommendations You can see linked down below. Feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything new.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Steam Crave

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! i too feel Steam Crave is underrated they definitely deserve a bigger audience. I concur with all your findings!

Steam Crave has lots of new products coming, I think towards the end of the year.

VU Sponsors