Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Syntheticloud Alpine RDTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a my review of the Syntheticloud Alpine RDTA. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me from https://cloudypeakvapes.com

Introduction:
The Alpine RDTA is a RDTA from Syntheticloud available in 3 colors, SS, Black and Gold. All come with a Gold plated deck. It has bottom and top airflow, built in spit back guard, 3ml capacity and a center fill hole.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24mm diameter
  • 3mL juice capacity
  • Center-fill system
  • Anti-Leak
  • Anti-Spitback
  • Adjustable top airflow
  • Adjustable bottom airflow
  • 24k gold plated internals
  • Titanium screws
Included in box:
  • 1pc Alpine RDTA
  • 1pc Proprietary Drip TIp
  • 1pc bag of Spares
  • 1pc Extra Glass
Pictures:
Stock Shot:
img_20170508_144513_155.jpg

Box:
vFFYCRZ.jpg

Box Contents:
Wmuqq0l.jpg

Filling:
PCXKghe.jpg

Build Deck:
MzRstk7.jpg

Air Flow:
SHgu8Re.jpg

Inside top cap:
HZUWri0.jpg

On Therion 75c mod:
p9QX5Bw.jpg

On Sirius mod:
9iI1N3V.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA, I did really like the looks of it. I got the gold one and it has a shiny finish on it as opposed to the matte finish. It has bottom and top air, the top air is adjustable via a proprietary drip tip. It has a more restrictive DTL vape due to the air. It’s not as wide open as many other RDTAs making it better for the lower to mid watt vapers. The 3ml capacity is a little on the lower side for an RDTA and it’s a little on the tall side. It features an engraved “alpine” on the top between the 2 top airflows as the branding. Inside the top cap is a non removable spitback guard which works well. Overall as a RLH RDTA i was enjoying ti from the get go.

Build Deck (pics above)
The Build Deck on the Alpine is a 2 post, 1 hole per post deck so your leads will have to share holes. They aren't staggered either. The negative post is milled into the deck and the build quality and machining is excellent. The post holes are large enough to accommodate big wires more than enough to support the airflow. It uses phillips screws which i’m not a fan of, but they are good quality. They come in from the top down so good for flat wires. It has a pretty good size juice well as well to capture excess juice. It features a center fill tube which is big enough to fit any bottle in it but a unicorn, however a unicorn sits flush on top and is easy to fill with as well. It’s a very easy to fill RDTA. It's also not too big to get in the way of the build. You can fit easily up to 4mm ID coils in it, however due to the restricted air i feel 2.5-3mm ID works best. the top cap anti spit back, also doubles as a plug on the center fill so it won’t leak when turned upside down. It’s a very leak resistant RDTA when wicked correctly. The wick holes are big enough to accommodate plenty of cotton. The airflow is in a good position that’s easy to line your coils up with as well. Overall I like the deck and it’s pretty easy to build on, but may not be the best for beginners due to having to share leads.

Performance
Performance wise, I ran multiple builds in this RDA all dual coil from simple round 22 and 26 gauge to several fancy wire coil. I found it best closing off the top air as it just mutes the flavor but using bottom air only led to very good flavor for a restrictive air RDTA. running it in the 50-80 watt range is where i found it best. Going over the 80 watts the air really won’t support it. You can go a little lower than the 50 but the chamber isn’t small so if you go too low it can mute the flavor a bit. Overall it’s a very good performer for the people who like their air a bit more restricted and who like less watts than most RDTAs require

Overall Impressions and other notes
Let’s talk about some of the small issues I feel could have been improved on. The o-rings for the top cap aren’t great. Matter of fact the top o-ring kept getting pinched even when lubed so i removed it. It works much better with just the 1 bottom oring. The proprietary drip tip is in place to be an AFC for the top air. I would have preferred the top air removed or had it’s own AFC separate and a standard 510 or 810 tip used instead. That’s really my only 2 gripes. Personal preference wise, i would have preferred hex or slotted screws as well but they are good quality phillips and should pose no issues. They also could have domed off the top cap a bit as well instead of having it so flat. Overall though i found this to be a very solid performer with above average flavor as a RLH mid watt RDTA. It also doesn't get hot when chain vaping due to being a lower watt RDTA

Pros:
  • Looks nice
  • spitback guard that works
  • excellent quality and machining
  • above average flavor
Cons:
  • Proprietary Drip Tip
  • o-rings could be better (remove the top o-ring and it works great)
  • 3ml capacity is a bit on the small side for an RDTA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDTA? While I don’t like to do hard yes or no, this one is going to lean towards the yes. It’s one of the better flavor RDTAs for the RLH and lower/medium watt range, something that doesn't have a ton of options out there as most are very airy and made for high watt builds. The build quality for the price point is excellent as well, it feels like it should cost a lot more than it does. If your looking for a RLH RDTA this is a great option. I’ll be adding this to my sheet.

for some good recommendations, feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

I want to thank you guys for reading. This is Anthony Vapes, just keeping it honest as always, hopefully you all can say you’re doing the same and ill catch you on my next review.

Big thanks again to cloudypeakvapes for sending me this for review.

Alpine RDTA can be purchased for 34.99 here https://cloudypeakvapes.com/products/syntheticloud-alpine-24mm-rdta Black and Gold in stock

VU Sponsors