Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Bonza RDA Review. Hype Met or Overrated?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vandy Vape Bonza RDA

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Bonza RDA is a newer dual coil RTA from Vandy Vape, i’d like to say it’s the “latest” as many of my reviews are but with the crazy rate they come out with new atomizers, It’s not. Matter of fact I have 2 newer ones to review from them as well in the maze RDA and phobia RDA. Either way this one is designed by or made in conjunction with the vapan bogan who is an aussie youtube vape reviewer famous for his foul mouth. It’s available in 5 colors, Matte Black, SS, Gold, Rainbow, and Matte Grey

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration between Vandy Vape & The Vaping Bogan
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 7mm Deep Juice Well
  • Superior 303 Stainless Steel Construction
  • 24K Gold-Plated Build Deck
  • Unique Two-Post Design - Fixed Screw Clamp Post Design
  • Outer Terminals - Top-Secured via Slotted Flathead Screws
  • Inner Terminals - Top-Secured via Clamp Mechanism
  • Parallelogram Airslots on Each Side
  • Direct-to-Coil Chamber Effect
  • 18mm Wide 810 Resin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 17.5mm Wide 810 ULTEM Widebore Drip Tip
  • 16mm Wide Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless, Black, Gold, Rainbow, Matte Grey
Included in box:
  • 1 Bonza RDA
  • 1 810 Resin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 1 810 ULTEM Widebore Drip Tip
  • 1 810 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • 1 Accessory Bag
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
1-1P112140Q4493.jpg

Stock Shot Exploded:
bonza-rda-structure.jpg

Box:
qWnpvRj.jpg

Build and Wick Pics:

CVuGUWX.jpg

k5DRded.jpg

4GOOb2b.jpg

Pics on mods:

oXL0HMp.jpg

jEGVRCa.jpg

Handchecks:

F5lDrS1.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
Like all my reviews i’m going to be brutally honest here and address the elephant in the room, it reminded me of an OBS Cheetah II clone almost. There are only a few minor differences. Mind you I don’t have the cheetah, but the Bonza appears to have more air going with the 15 small holes on each side airflow instead of the single slot of the cheetah. The other minor difference is while the deck is exactly the same, they built it so the post bottom sits flush in the bottom of the RDA where the cheetah has a little bump. They also add in extra accessories as vandy vape is very good with that providing tons of cool drip tips and options. I was a little disappointed in a reviewer product being so similar to an existing product from a different company. It’s almost as if he said make the cheetah but with these minor changes and he did review the cheetah as well. Still regardless, i’m going to give the bonza a fair review as I always do for what it is.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 post 1 hole and 1 clamp per post deck that’s staggered out. Similar to a straight horizontal deck like the Mad Dog RDA but with clamps on the bottom. It’s a really cool design that works well so kudos to whoever came up with it. It’s also pretty innovative IMO and very easy to build on. Unscrewing the clamp screw makes it drop down to create clearance to slide your lead into and tightening it raises the clamp back up to clamp it against the post. The other hole on each post is a standard hole with a top down screw more than large enough to accomodate most coils. Each lead gets their own hole or clamp and you can install each coil by itself. By default it comes with flat head screws but also includes phillip screws They are good quality but i would have preferred some hex screws personally.

Wicking is pretty easy overall. It’s an RDA so no tricks needed. You can drop the ends of the cotton to the deck or filt it so it’s on the deck. Either way it works fine. You are going to drip on it or sqounk on it so no need to worry much.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RDA only. Pictured above you’ll see builds of 4mm and 3.5mm. It can handle some big builds for sure. I liked both sizes. I also ran 3mm ID which works great too. I didn’t go smaller than 3mm ID and didn’t run any round wire builds, this RDA is definitely made with large coils in mind. You can run round if you want though just with a lot of wraps and a thick gauge (20-24G probably). The deck pretty much automatically lines up the coils for you over the air so no need to worry there. Overall the flavor was well above average for a dual coil RDA. Seriously it kicks out some great flavor. It has a good amount of air definitely a full DTL RDA and is best used at high watts.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a Side airflow RDA with 3 rows of 5 small air circles on each side. The AFC is really tight and very hard to adjust. Not much to grip on the top either. It comes with a delrin 810 drip tip as well as an ultem 810 drip tip and my favorite a resin 810 tip, and a 510 adapter. The quality is good all around It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods It includes a standard 510 pin and a sqounk BF 510 pin. The Juice well is pretty deep. And with the side airflow shouldn’t have any over sqounking or dripping really. I used it exclusively as a squonker on my drone mod. The airflow is really smooth as well. No whistle or anything. As far as looks go, the rainbow is very nice it’s a simple RDA i overall like the looks, but have a complaint with the branding being too much. It has the bogan logo of a skull and crossbones (using 2 vape pens as the crossbones) and it takes up about 1/4th of the outside. I would have preferred the branding to be on the bottom or less in your face. I’m not a fan of big branding logos on the outside personally.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Sqounk pin included
  • Resin 810 tip, Delrin 810 tip, Ultem 810 tip included as well as 510 adapter
  • good quality post screws (phillips and flathead)
  • easy to build (great build deck)
  • price point
  • color options
  • excellent flavor
  • Deep juice well
Cons:
  • Too heavy on the branding
  • no hex screws included for post screws
  • AFC is hard to adjust
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean heavily towards the yes. I have a few personal gripes with it like the branding and lack of hex screws, and the fact it’s an almost clone design of an existing RDA, but at the end of the day the performance is there. It kicks out some excellent flavor with the right build. I wouldn’t recommend it for lower watt vapers though this is for the higher watt crowd but that’s the case with most of the dual coil RDAs on the market these days. Had i gotten this earlier I would have found a way to add it into my best of 2017 post. I’ll be adding this to my list as a dual coil RDA.

It can be purchased here for 28.95 in the US

Link to product on VV site here

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No issues for you yet with the negative post being loose and wiggly and unable to be tightened and stay tight like I (and others) had?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No issues for you yet with the negative post being loose and wiggly and unable to be tightened and stay tight like I (and others) had?
Nope. Also note the negative is not milled in and is screwed in. Check the screw on the bottom of the rda and tighten it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Also note the negative is not milled in and is screwed in. Check the screw on the bottom of the rda and tighten it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
i know and i did, as did many others. it loosens itself back up by the next time you rebuild. mine is on the side lines and was a waste of cash. probably the last VV RDA I will ever buy unless they start milling the negatives into the deck

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i know and i did, as did many others. it loosens itself back up by the next time you rebuild. mine is on the side lines and was a waste of cash. probably the last VV RDA I will ever buy unless they start milling the negatives into the deck
Dam that really sucks. as far as being milled in some RDAs do some don't. the bonza isn't the first and wont be the last to screw in the negative post. With that said I do understand your point, I recently reviewed the tobhino RDA which was loose and the screw was stripped making mine unusable from the get-go. which i said in my review. Also the majority of reviewers who got one also had a loose post but didn't mention it. Sadly i can only review what's in my hand and had no issues with the bonza, IDK if it's limited to a certain batch or color but the screw on the bonza is much better then that of the tobhino. also with the design of the tobhino putting in a build stresses out the screw where the bonza doens't.

VU Sponsors