Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Mesh RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes Back here with my review of the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from healthcabin.net

Review Disclaimer

I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Mesh RDA was the 2nd RDA made for mesh coils to hit the market in 2017 (the first being the ceto). It features what i’ll call a postless deck, but it's really 2 clamps inside of the build deck. It’s available in 5 colors silver, black, gold, rainbow, and blue.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Length: 25mm
  • Diameter: 24mm
  • Capacity: 1.0 ml
  • Drip Tip: Ultem drip tip and Doc tip
  • Pin Type: Ordinary gold plated 510 pin and squonk pin
  • Shipping weight: 115g ##Included in box
  • 1pc Mesh RDA
  • 1pc 18.5mm Delrin Doc Tip
  • 1pc Accessory Bag
  • 3pc KA1 Mesh Wire
  • 3pc Ni80 Mesh Wire
  • 3pc SS316 Mesh Wire
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
Mesh-RDA-Blue-11.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
Mesh%20RDA-12.png

Stock Shot Breakdown:
Mesh%20RDA-16.png

Builds:

JsbOAMM.jpg

zFOhwu9.jpg

TTmUN0z.jpg

Pics on mod:

v2tWvtX.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA i was excited to try another mesh RDA. If you seen my past review from the ceto, you’ll know i’m not sold on mesh yet. Still it’s always fun to try new things. It’s a nice looking RDA in the standard vandy vape packaging with tons of extras which i’ll go over later. I really liked the build deck it’s a different style then the ceto which the mesh makes a U shape instead of the tall flat one like the ceto. It comes with 2 810 drip tips an ultem tip and a “doc” tip as they call it which is a diamond cut low profile delrin tip, and a 510 adapter. They also include strips of precut mesh to the perfect size. 3 types SS, Ni80, and kanthal and a sqounk pin.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s essentially a postless deck that uses a clamp system built inside of the deck. It has good quality flat head screws so no complaints there at all, even though I prefer hex personally. Building on it is extremely easy especially using the precut mesh it comes with. Just insert 1 end and tighten the screw then insert the other end and tighten the screw. That simple. Do a quick check for hot spots (i’ve never seen a hot spot in mesh yet personally) and your ready to wick. Overall a very good build deck Wicking on the other hand is interesting. While i normally prefer cotton bacon, i find organic pads best for mesh atomizers and man do you need a lot of it. Seriously. With a full pad you can normally wick like 6+ 3mm ID coils. But with the mesh i use more than a full pad. I leave the pad in tact and take off the top and bottom, then roll it up tight because it really needs to be tight in there and against the coil, then stick it in. after that i add more strips using a 2nd pad until the cotton is nice and tight and completely pressed against the mesh. Then i trim it to just be able to fit in the chamber making sure there is extra on both ends sticking out of the coil. Then it takes a lot of juice to prime it so kep just pouring it on top and letting it soak and over and over until it’s completely soaked.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a mesh RDA only. Yes you can put regular coils in it, but there are tons of RDAs for that so my thought at least was if you are buying a mesh RDA it’s for the mesh. I used 3 builds, 1 of each type of mesh included. They come in 1 bag so you have to look close to see the difference. They all vaped pretty much the same and all needed in the 80-100 watt range. Mesh RDAs aren’t for the low watts at all. With that said I’m still not sold on mesh. It’s a good vape. I found it to be on par with average dual coil RDAs. it does produce a lot of vapor as well if that’s your thing. No complaints but nothing impressive either. Also if any cotton is not touching even a small piece of the mesh, be prepared for some nasty dry hit. It really needs to be wicked super tight. Any small amount of mistake in the wicking will lead to some nasty dry hits

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RDA. the side air is insanely hard to adjust, but honestly no reason to close it off with the included mesh. It’s best left wide open. I love the choice of 2 810 tips as well as a 510 adapter so you can use any tip you want on it that you have pretty much. Quality is really nice as well. The top cap goes on easy and stays in place. It doesn’t have much of a juice well. It’s mostly there to hold cotton and that’s it. The juice well is essentially the height up to the airflow which is in the middle of the top cap not at the bottom or top so there is some give for over-dripping or over-sqounking. It does comes with a sqounk pin and i used it as both a dripper and sqounker. In this case i preferred it as a dripper. While the sqounking itself works fine, it’s just so much cotton that it takes a while to sqounk and let it soak then sqounk more etc etc. i found it easier to just dump a bunch of juice in and let it soak then vape more. As far as branding goes there is just an “M” logo on the side i assume stands for mesh and the logo itself looks like mesh wire. I like it personally.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • 2 standard 810 tips and a 510 tip adapter
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • sqounk pin included
  • includes pre cut mesh enough to last 2 months for most people
  • color options
  • easy to install coils
Cons:
  • Has to be wicked perfectly
  • AFC is hard to adjust
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, this one will lean a bit towards the yes if you want to try mesh. The RDA itself is good, no big complaints, i’m just not personally sold on mesh. But if you want to try it it’s a good option so i’ll add it to my list along with the ceto. And before anyone asks which one I think is better, I think they both are about even so dealers choice.

It can be purchased here https://www.healthcabin.net/vandyvape-mesh-rda-atomizer-silver-p/15450.html for 27.99 in black and SS or for a few dollars more they also have gold, rainbow, and blue in the 30-31 dollar range

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank healthcabin.net for sending me this for review.

VU Sponsors