Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Pulse 24 Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the pulse 24 RDA. disclaimer wise, this product was sent to me from healthcabin.net

Review Disclaimer

I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Pulse 24 RDA is the follow up to the original pulse 22 RDA. while keeping the same design it has a slightly bigger diameter hence the name, and is made for dual coil instead of single coil. So in a sense it’s literally just a dual coil version of the pulse 22. It’s available in 4 colors. Black, Gold, SS, and Rainbow

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24.4m Diameter
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Innovative Postless, Quad Terminal Design-Dual Coil Version
  • PEEK-Insulated Positive Terminal Post
  • Dual Coil Configurations
  • Side-Mounted Kennedy-Style Airflow
  • Dual Slotted Side Air Slots
  • Quad Airflow Tubes Inside Chamber
  • 16mm Wide Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 17.5mm Wide ULTEM Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Bottom-Feeding Squonk-Ready 510 Pin Set-Up
  • Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin ##Included in box
  • 1pc Pulse 24 BF RDA
  • 1pc 16mm Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 1pc Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • 1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
Pulse-24-BF-RDA-11.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
Pulse-24-BF-RDA-12.jpg

Stock Shot Breakdown:
Pulse-24-BF-RDA-15.jpg

Builds:

1ayqnxh.jpg

oXaXS8E.jpg

Coil Position:

jMEjxA5.jpg

Pics on mod:

F2tTv7W.jpg

ar71ZRP.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA i pretty much knew what to expect. I’ve already reviewed the pulse 22 and it’s the same RDA just a dual coil version. It uses the same airflow that’s high up but has tubes that go down to get you that bottom air like flavor but also provide good protection from over sqounking. In typical vandy vape fashion it comes with plenty of accessories as well.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a postless deck which is one of my personal favorites. Not the easiest to build on for new vapers since you do need to pre-cut your leads but outside of that it’s very easy. Each lead gets its own hole and there isn’t much to worry about lining up. Height wise you want to be able to see the bottom half of your coil through the airflow holes (pictured above) from the outside but a little high or lower won’t kill your flavor either. Running dual coils i can fit up to a 4mm ID coil in it. They use good quality hex screws (my favorite) but also include a set of phillips. Overall very easy to build one and a great deck Wicking is also quite easy as well there have precut ares for your wicks. Just drop them into the area and your good. It’s an RDA so no special tricks or tips are needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RDA only. I’m sure it would work fine with a large single coil as well but we have the pulse 22 already for that. I ran builds at different heights as far as lining up the airflow and used fancy builds of 3mmID, 3.5mmID, 4mmID and 2.5mmID as well as a simple round build of 22G kanthal at 3mmID. Flavor is on point for sure and coil position doesn't have to be perfect. You won’t get a ton of loss either way if it’s not in the prefect position. I’d recommend going 3mmID or more personally although the 2.5mm ID was still ok. Flavor is above average. I used it as a sqounker and a dripper and it works great both ways with good protection for over dripping and over sqounking

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RDA. with the air being in the middle but it uses tubes to direct the air lower giving the bottom air like performance. I found the side air is hard to adjust but i didn’t find a reason to close it off either. It’s not a ton of air either so it works great for medium to high wattages. It does come with 2 810 tips an ultem low profile, a delrin taller one, and also a 510 adapter as well. So you can use pretty much any tip you already have as well. Outside the hard to adjust airflow the quality on it is great. No complaints there. The top cap has notches that lock into the deck making it easy for the air to line up correctly as well as making it easy to screw on and off your mod. Branding is pretty plain. It matches the color and has the VV logo on one side and the pulse logo on the other. Even though it doesn't have much of a juice well, due to the air position it’s easy to drip right down the tip without removing the top cap

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • 2 standard 810 tips and a 510 tip adapter
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • sqounk pin included
  • Above average flavor
  • color options
  • easy to install coils
  • easy to wick
  • good overdrip/oversqounk protection
Cons:
  • AFC is hard to adjust
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, this one will lean pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s one of my favorite RDAs and made an honorable mention in the best of 2017 list i made. It’s a great dripper and sqounker that’s good quality at an affordable price. Hard to complain about it at all.

It can be purchased here https://www.healthcabin.net/vandyvape-pulse-24-bf-rda-silver-p/15554.html for 28.99 in SS or 29.99 for the black, gold, or rainbow.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank healthcabin.net for sending me these for the purpose of this review

VU Sponsors