Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Triple RTA review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the vandy vape triple RTA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Vandyvape Triple RTA is an RTA designed for triple coils by reviewer vapingwithtwisted420. It’s a high watt DTL RTA with a lot of air. It features a postless build deck 2ml and 4ml capacity options and is available in 2 colors black and SS

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Collaboration w/ VapingwithTwisted420
  • 28mm Diameter
  • 4mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Innovative Postless, Six Terminal Design
  • 2.5mm by 2.5mm Terminal Openings
  • Side-Secured via Hex Flat Screws
  • Three PEEK-Insulated Positive Terminal Posts
  • Three Negative Terminal Posts
  • Dual or Triple Coil Configurations
  • Dual Bottom Airflow Control - Large Airslots
  • Single Internal Chamber
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • 17.5mm Wide ULTEM Drip Tip
  • 18.5mm Wide Delrin Doc Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Triple 28 RDTA
  • 1 18.5mm Delrin Doc Drip Tip
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Accessory Bag
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
34ee2db03cabc20ef5abdca66a462aaf.png

Stock Shot Build Deck:
3a7c0cefc0d9e561d86d1e84748afbc1.png

Stock Shot Exploded View:
b092907e05b19350d020a318dafd7acf.png

Disassembled:
bqx6pDM.jpg

Dual Coil:

4W3kZDT.jpg

Single Coil

iHI55KR.jpg

Triple Coil
k5RT3v8.jpg

wWhZfrF.jpg

Pics on mod:
aQZcGQR.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed with the build deck. It’s postless style which is one of my personal favorites but not the easiest for new builders since you need to precut your wire leads. Still I found it to be fun and easy to build on. One thing of note as well is the top o-ring on the class came stuck to the glass and broke when i removed it so i had to use a spare o-ring off the bat. Not a major deal but worth mentioning. I started with a 3 coil build as the intent of the RTA and man does it have a lot of air and can kick out some serious flavor and clouds. Overall was pretty impressed with this from the start

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It uses a postless style deck with bottom airflow right under the coils. They use good quality hex screws which is my favorite kind. It’s pretty striaght foward to build on with one lead going in each side which positions your coils perfectly. You want to go as low as possible so you don’t short out on the top cap. Coil position won’t play a big factor in flavor. As long as it’s not shorting on the top cap, you’ll be ok. When you build 3 coils it’s pretty easy as it lines up for you automatically. I find 3mmID to be the way to go but you can probably fit a little bigger. When doing a dual coil build 4mm ID is the minimum i’d go but again you can fit much bigger. Probably up to 6mm ID if i had to guess easily 4mm will fit. With dual coils make sure to move them to the center close to each other so you can see them through the drip tip. Even though I did single coil, I wouldn’t recommend it. This is for 2 or 3 coils only really

Wicking is also a breeze. It’s a GTA style deck really low to the bottom. No JFC and no leaks. It’s pretty forgiving but you do want to use a lot of cotton. Not too much to choke it but enough to fill the entire slot with the ends of your cotton sitting flush on the bottom. You should be able to fit your tweezers in easily between the cotton and the large fill holes.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single, dual, and triple coil RTA. Right off the bat don’t bother with single coil. You’ll get muted flavor. Where this really shines is with large dual and triple coils. It has a ton of air so you need to use a lot of watts and big builds. If you are into lower watts and small builds it’ll give muted flavor and isn’t suited for you vape style. With that said if you are willing to vape at least 80 watts, the flavor on this is amazing, especially in triple coil mode, but even as a dual coil RTA it’s no slacker. Comparable with the best dual coil RTAs on the market. I really find it best at the 100+ watt mark and close down the airflow a little.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA and the AFC is smooth and on a stopper. It has knurling on it so it’s easy to adjust when it’s on a mod. It has a standard top full where you unscrew the top cap and expose the 2 large fill holes. The top cap has knurling as well and is easy to grip and unscrew. It’s easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice right in. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it with no issues. It comes with 2 810 tips a delrin, and ultem, and a 510 adapter to use your own 510 tips. I prefer the ultem 810 personally or using one of my 810 tips. It’s really nice quality and easy to take apart with minimal parts to it. All the threading is nice and smooth. It has an odd size of 28mm diameter. Not sure why. Most mods are made for 25mm or smaller, or 30mm. The only other 28mm RTA i’m aware of is the sherman. Might as well gone the full 30. The 4ml capacity is also pretty small for a tank like this that massively drinks juice. You’ll be refilling quite often. I can easily blow through a full tank in 30 mins.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • two 810 tips included and a 510 adapter
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • top fill design is great
  • Great flavor in dual or triple coil
  • huge clouds if that’s your thing
Cons:
  • 4ml capacity is small for this RTA
  • needs high watts and big builds so not for everyone
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean heavily towards the yes but with the added disclaimer it’s for high watt vapers only. If you want to vape under 80 watts or want to conserve juice, this isn’t for you. If you like to vape around 100 watts or more and like big builds, it’ll be hard to beat this RTA especially at the price point. I’ll be adding this to my spreadsheet.

It can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/triple-28-rta-by-vandy-vape-vapingwithtwisted420 for 34.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I appreciate that you did single, dual & of course triple builds on this. Very well done!

VU Sponsors