Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Voopoo Mojo Mod Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Voopoo Mojo Mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Voopoo Mojo is the latest mod from Voopoo and it’s a small one. It’s their first internal battery mod with a built in 2600mah battery making it comparable life to using a sony VTC5A battery. It’s mostly available in a kit version with the uforce tank which I won’t discuss in this review, since i’ve reviewed it already for around 50 dollars, But i’ve also seen the mod only for around 30ish. It’s available in 7 colors, Tiffany Blue, SS, Black, Orange, Red, White, and Yellow

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 82mm by 38mm by 27.5mm
  • GENE.Fan Chipset
  • Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Compact & Durable
  • Built-In 2600mAh Battery
  • Output Mode: VW / TC-Ni / TC-Ti / TC-SS / TC-NC / TCR (M1-M5)
  • Add TC-NC & TCR Mode By Using VooPoo PC App
  • TCR M1-M5 Utilizes Adjustable Curve Settings For Different Outputs/Temperatures Over Time
  • Wattage Range: 5W - 80W
  • VW Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3.0Ω
  • TC Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 1.0Ω
  • Temperature Range: 100°C - 315°C / 200°F - 600°F
  • 0.91" OLED Screen
  • Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Pin
  • 95% Working Efficiency
  • 0.010 Second Firing Response Time
  • System Reset Key
  • 2A Micro USB Rechargeable
  • Firmware Upgradeable
  • Customizable Logo & Settings Via VooPoo PC App
  • Protections: Short Circuit, Switch Timeout, Over-Charge, Over-Current, Over-Heat, Over-Discharge
Included in box:
  • 1x VooPoo MOJO 88W TC Mod
  • 1x Micro USB Cable
  • 1x GENE Chip Card
  • 1x Warranty Card
  • 1x User Manual
Picture Album (includes spreadsheet and chart)
https://imgur.com/a/dOfZn

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, i was pretty impressed with the looks. It’s really small and has a nice design to it. Also all the buttons are hidden. Took a few seconds to see how they are laid out. The fire button is above the screen and blends in well. The plus and minus are the 2 large circles on each side (right side is plus left side is minus) Another thing I quickly found that lead to me knocking this mod over several times is that it’s very easy to tip over. The actual flat part on the bottom is very small as the front and back are angled up. Actually if you tip it slightly it’ll wobble back and forth a bit. Reminded me of the old weebles. I made a gif here
GjNIldX.gif

showing that. Outside of that though, it's a really small and feels well built but not heavy mod that was easy to carry around on the go.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .14, .2, and .53 ohms. wattage points were max (88), 60, 40, and 20. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 85 watts and 28 amps. For the rest of the testing it was within 3 watts or on point At .14 it maxed out at 91 watts. The rest of the tests it was high 3-6 watts. For the .2 test it maxed out at 89 watts. the rest were on point or 2 watts high. For the .53 testing it maxed out at 88 watts and 6.837 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 1 watt. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in this mod like most internal battery mods.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the performance of this mod. It did hit a little high at .14 by 3-6 watts, but outside of that was pretty much on point or 1-2 watts high. It never hit low at all. The high volt output is proof of a boost circuit which is much needed in a small internal battery mod like this one. The most amps i got was 28 which is good for this kind of mod, but could be higher with a lower resistance coil since i was limited by the max watts. It can pretty much do it’s full watt range from .11 to .53 at minimum which is nice and it is accurately rated since it does do 91 watts.

Simplified TL:DR Performance summary
Mod performance is excellent. Accurately rated. Accuracy is really good, most of the time dead on or within a watt or 2 of the setting. Full 88 watts available for resistances of .11 to .53 at minimum. 6.837+ volts so yes boost circuit like most small internal battery mods

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode (there is TCR mode available if you program with the software but I didn’t as i didn’t feel a need to) , I tested 5 builds a single round spaced, a dual round spaced, and 2 fancy single coils and 1 smaller fancy dual coil build. There is no power adjustment on this mod in temp control mode that I could see, it’s always at 80 watts as far as the screen shows, but it does auto adjust the wattage so for all intents and purposes i consider it an “auto watts” mod for temp control. The mod feels very accurate as i like a warm vape and settled in around 460F with most builds to get that. Most people should find their preferred vape in the 400f-480f range as it should be. Ramp up is not adjustable but has a pretty decent ramp up not slow but not fast either. Like most voopoo mods it’ll suffer with large builds as you never get the full 80 watts (even with high ohm builds the screen often showed 40-60 watt output) But it is a really great vape if you don’t mind the lack of customization. . Plus being a lower watt mod at 88 with an internal battery, It would best suit people vaping under 50 watts anyway so you get decent battery life so it’s not as big of a deal as it was for the too, drag, or alpha one in my opinion. There is also great dry hit protection as well and the throttle is nice and smooth. Overall the mod performs great in temp control mode

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Other Usage Notes
The mod has a unique shape to it. It’s not a box, it’s not an oval, it’s kind of a combo of those 2 shapes. It can handle 24mm atomizers without overhang (the 510 platform is 24mm diameter), however the negative threading on the 510 sticks out a little over the platform so there is a minor gap between the platform and the atomizer. It’s a weird design choice to me, but not a deal breaker. There is no button rattle on this mod at all, it’s really solid feeling. It features a nice size screen on the front that reminds me a lot of the geekvape screen on the aegis, blade, and gbox 200. I’m reviewing the blade (dual 2x700 mod) later this week as well. The fire button is a rounded rectangle shaped button and nice and clicky. The 510 appears to be pretty good. I didn’t take it apart but i used 8 atomizers on it and none gave me any issues and I did pull at it quite a bit as well. Far from scientific but still.

Usage is simple. 5 clicks to turn it on or off. 3 clicks to cycle through modes (Power, SS, Ni, and Ti by default but can be changed in the software) and hold up and down to enter the menu.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • temp performance
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Nice looks and coloring
  • color options
  • handles 24mm atomizers
  • Small Portable Design
  • easy to use
  • price point
  • fills a much needed niche of a good small internal battery mod
  • nice large bright screen
  • no button rattle, solid built
Cons:
  • Easy to tip over
  • Lack of customizable ramp up in temp control
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t do the hard yes or no thing, but this mod is going to lean towards the yes. It’s a small portable mod that would be good for vapers 50 watts or less (so you get decent battery life) as well as good temp control in a very small form factor. A great mod on the go. It’s the smallest box mod i’ve seen so far. If your looking for a good internal battery mod, you should take a look at this one for sure. I’ll be adding it to my sheet for both power and temp control.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Voopoo

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors