Become a Patron!

Any experienced mixers willing to give some advice?

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to mixing, I'm trying to make some good tasting flavors,but they all seem very sharp.
For instance, I use a 30PG-70VG base, I add peach. (using e-juice me up calc) but it's still lacking something, its very sharp and unnatural. I'm sure this is just the lacking addition of something I don't know how to use yet, can anyone help please? I mix mostly fruit flavors, with very limited success. (I know its not what it could be)
Ive tried coffee, I have a 30 ml bottle of a blend called "Lotta Latte" which due to my lack of mixing skills is still rendered totally useless. Im thinking maybe a cream flavor? Graham cracker? ANY help here would be greatly appreciated.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What make are these concentrates, and what percentages are you using them at? Some concentrates are just bleh right off the bat, but some come into their own at the right percentage!

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What make are these concentrates, and what percentages are you using them at? Some concentrates are just bleh right off the bat, but some come into their own at the right percentage!
The ones Im working with now, are Lor Ann; Mango, peach, butterscotch, and cotton candy. Bottle notes that its highly concentrated. These are new aquisitions, but I have experimented with the Peach starting at 15%

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I make very small batches. I have my base of 50/50 PG/VG in a 20cc bottle, and my flavors in the same kind of bottles. That way the drop size should be the same. I count drops into a new/clean smoketech RBC tank. I usually start with 19 drops base and one drop flavor (that would come to 5% flavor) let it mix and sit and soak into the wick and try. If it needs more I add a drop and retry until it is good. After I think I have a good mix I still make small batches of 5cc and share with friend.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Start at 5% flavor and move up or down from there... 15% or lorann is gunna be brutal.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i'd even go as low as 2-4% for lo peach..

here, try this:

4% lo peach
1% lo butterscotch

it should give you a sweet peach low note butterscotch vape :)

VU Sponsors