Any must haves from Flavor West??

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting sick of only being able to buy FW Candy Cane in 30ml bottles to make my wife's juice. I'm going through a 30ml bottle every other week. So I did a search and found FW sells it in sizes up to 1 gallon. Awesome!! What's not so awesome is the $12 shipping for just a 4oz bottle of the candy cane. I'm not really looking to spend $18 on one 4oz bottle. So, is there anything else I can add that will help justify the high shipping??

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I like the black berry mojito. its my favorite FW. I do not vape a lot of FW. I usually order it and never use it. I like to collect them tho . haha. HIC would say candy cane but you have that covered. cream berry is ok if you steep it. I think the banana bread or whatever is decent if I remember right.

Last edited:

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to check out Heartland Vapes. They also carry the 4oz of many FW flavors (including candy cane) and shipping is slightly less at about 8.50. But they also carry a lot of TFA and some Cap (4oz and 1 oz) - so you can pick up cap custard v2, or tfa brown sugar or whatever that you know you'll use rather than a crap shoot at just FW. Just a thought... :cool:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm getting sick of only being able to buy FW Candy Cane in 30ml bottles to make my wife's juice. I'm going through a 30ml bottle every other week. So I did a search and found FW sells it in sizes up to 1 gallon. Awesome!! What's not so awesome is the $12 shipping for just a 4oz bottle of the candy cane. I'm not really looking to spend $18 on one 4oz bottle. So, is there anything else I can add that will help justify the high shipping??

Before I say anything complimentary about FW flavors, I'll say their record of ingredient disclosure SUCKS. They've been proven to lie about their ingredients in the past on their website and on their packaging. (end of disclaimer)

My partner uses a lot of Candy Cane, too - but your wife must be a real peppermint addict! That's alotta mint.

Other flavors FW does best:
Swedish Fish: just like the candies
Black Licorice: black jelly beans
Creme de Menthe: excellent and requires no steep like TFA's inferior version

(FW's Caramel flavors are legendary, both for their gooey-buttery flavor and for their remarkably high diacetyl/sub levels. Pretty awesome in coffee and milkshakes, which is how I used up mine.)

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, some great suggestions. Thanks everyone!

Yes HIC, my wife loves it. That's all she vapes now. I was making her up 30ml bottles and they would be gone in a couple days and that's using it in a tank. So now I started making her 120's.

Heartland is a great idea because I need CAP custard but they only have v2. I love v1 and haven't tried v2. I think I need my diacetyl. I need that creamy/butteryness in my custard. LOL!

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Their Butterscotch is fantastic. I think it's a lot better than anyone else's.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like the FW sugar cookie, vaping it right now. Mixed with some Madagascar vanilla and graham cracker, all from FW. Did it at 15% SC 3 % MV and 2% GC....I really like my Sugar Cookie to be heavy on flavor hehehehe.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've always heard that fw watermelon is one of if not the best watermelons on the market. I've had it and it was really good. It was in a mix a buddy of mine made, but he mixes for a shop. I don't know how it stands on ots own.

daddybizzle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have several FW flavors that I really like. Ruby Red Grapefruit. Nice zingy grapefruit flavor. Crisp, bold, and refreshing. Works as a stand alone. Great with other citrus flavors. I use it with several of my wine/alcohol type vapes.

Sweet Cream is another. Rich, sweet, thick, and creamy. Mixed with your strawberry of choice, and few other dairies and creams will get you a strawberry milk (Moo Juice) type vape. I also mix it with banana cream or blueberry instead of strawberry. Yummo.

Salted Caramel is another good versatile flavor. Great candy bar/bakery finisher.

I still love Fruit Stripe Gum (Zebra Stripe) flavor. One of my hold over faves from my early days of vaping. Dead on flavor. As mentioned by others, Butterscotch and Ecto Cooler. FW finds it's way into several of my recipes.

Last edited:

Monica_Rae

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't what MBV sells for flavorings Flavorwest? I'm pretty sure it is.... their shipping is quite low

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't what MBV sells for flavorings Flavorwest? I'm pretty sure it is.... their shipping is quite low
Yes, MBV sells FW flavorings and is a far better way of testing FW flavors than outright buying their 4 oz's with insane shipping fees.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like their Key Lime, Strawberry ( though I do try other brands of strawberry),the Sweet Cream is still a favorite even though it has nasties and Salted Caramel can be fun at times.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like:
Dragon Fruit - better than TPA imo, which is another popular must have. TPA tastes like a bubblegum variation by comparison.
Yellow Cake - better than Cake Batter CAP. Ages consistently without pukey undertones. Dunno if it has bads in it. I'm in the camp that can't enjoy CAP bakeries less than 2-3 week steep.

if anyone has a useful mix with "Vanilla Tobacco" FW please tag me, mine has a year of dust

Last edited:

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Extreme Ice and Blue Ice, I make my juices with one or the other at 15%.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dragon Fruit - better than TPA imo, which is another popular must have. TPA tastes like a bubblegum variation by comparison.

I noticed that too. I also have TFA Bubblegum Juicy Style and the two are close in flavor. I thought it was a fluke.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blackberry (close 2nd to VZ Blackberry but way cheaper) and (only need 2-3%).
Blueberry (mixed 50-50 with TFA Blueberry Wild)
Butter Pecan (Best)(10-12% stand alone)
Butter Rum (not quite as good as Butter Pecan but close)
Cake (Yellow)
Candy Cane
Cinnamon Roll
Hazelnut
Madagascar Vanilla
Rainbow Sherbet (only saw this one at MBV)*(needs to sit a few days)

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a lot of FW Natural Flavors and I've had no issues with them.
The key lime is perfectly tart and great tasting and my go to for my key lime pie(ish) recipe. I also use some of their no so natural flavorings and personally can say I do not like their custard or pomegranate.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their Butter Rum mixed at 10% in vg max is an ADV for me.

When I got an order from them I did the standard single flavor mix to test. Later I poured together cake yellow and cinnamon roll which turned into a really good vape. I need to mix that again.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@ Mowgli or anyone else familiar with FW peanut butter.
Is it an artificial buttery peanut butter or straight up raw nutty? I've only tried Loran to date which was lame IMO. I also tried some Pink Spot Buddy Cookie today, which tasted like old socks, I'm assuming due to the peanut butter element.
Having said that, flavours are so subjective. From what I can gather, a lot of people love Buddy Cookie. Lol

VU Sponsors