Become a Patron!

Anybody have a ph22 burn up?

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, a friend at work has one of these, but he bought it from (i think anyway) a somewhat sketchy vendor locally. Without an atty on it, it will burn the battery and turn scorching hot, without even looking at the button. He's taken it apart and tested it with a multimeter but can't figure out why or how to fix it. We looked at it today and tried a different battery in it (again, no atty connected, and not even touching the fire button), and again it sizzled up within seconds.

Any ideas?

aussie

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Can you pull the pin up in the top, it has to be a hard short somewhere

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno, we talked about that today at work. He's going to mess around with it some more. Hopefully he'll join up here. Was hoping somebody else had one with a similar problem. I found a video about repairing the firing button but i couldn't get it to play for some reason.

[EDIT] Let me rephrase that - i was hoping NOBODY ELSE had that problem... but if they did, maybe they'd chime in here. LOL

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope not, I have one on order but not from FT. That other one, Focalecig.

getemmurph

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I don't have the exact model but I do have one like it. While the product description says it's a mechanical mod in reality there are wires and solder connections inside the top cap. My best guess would be a its bad solder job or wire's they didn't get soldered correctly creating a hard short just in the body. Also while this mod is NOT regulated it is not a true "mec" fyi.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I don't have the exact model but I do have one like it. While the product description says it's a mechanical mod in reality there are wires and solder connections inside the top cap. My best guess would be a its bad solder job or wire's they didn't get soldered correctly creating a hard short just in the body. Also while this mod is NOT regulated it is not a true "mec" fyi.
Interesting. I'll pass that info along. Thanks!

getemmurph

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely that's a major bummer it's cracking out

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If its like the Poldiac it shouldn't have any wires. It looks just like one.

VU Sponsors