Become a Patron!
Just got my TFV12 2 weeks ago. I'd been using a Uwell Crown for 18 months before this and a Subtank Mini for about a year before I got the Crown, so it's a big upgrade and I bloody love it!

I used the T12 coil for about two weeks before it started to taste funky, which is longer than I expected it to last. It had lovely clouds, great flavour and a really warm vape, which I love. I was running it around 150w for the whole 2 weeks.

I put my first Q4 coil in yesterday and I love, love, love the massive airflow. I've never really used RDAs for long, but I did build on a Hannya for a few months, but due to back problems and shaky hands I decided to give up on the RDAs. Too much stress on my body (I know, it sucks that something so small hurts me so much), so now I'm strictly using tanks. So the airflow is amazing, and the flavour is probably the best flavour I've ever had from an e-cig.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone else here had dry hits from this coil. I'm only running it at 115w and it's rated for up to 190! I'm taking maybe 2-4 second pulls, and on the second or 3rd pull, I'm getting a pretty strong taste of dryness. Am I doing something wrong or maybe I just have a bunk coil?

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys. :thanks::love1:

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmmm. I'm vaping my X4 at 150w with a 70/30 juice. I could chain vape this thing til I pass out before it would dry hit.

Have you tried the Q4? The T12 was like, that, chain vaping at 180 watts and no sign of a dry hit. I did order 3 more Q4 coils, as they are the cheapest and everyone said they were the best. I'm hoping I just got a dud.

I'll chuck the X4 in once this coil is done - which will probably be soon :( Only got the one x4 coil left though so I hope these two last a while, fasttech sent my coils today!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using high VG juice? That's the only thing I can think of.

I find the Q4 coils won't take a lot of power for long pulls though. I usually run mine at about 75 to 85 watts with a preheat of maybe 105 watts for the first second.

The T12 takes a stupid amount of power, only tank I hit with 250 watts. I like the Q4 a lot better though, comes alive with less power and better flavor. The Q4 is just not the coil you want to vape at real high watts with really long drags and chain vape, it just won't keep up.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Are you using high VG juice? That's the only thing I can think of.

I find the Q4 coils won't take a lot of power for long pulls though. I usually run mine at about 75 to 85 watts with a preheat of maybe 105 watts for the first second.

The T12 takes a stupid amount of power, only tank I hit with 250 watts. I like the Q4 a lot better though, comes alive with less power and better flavor. The Q4 is just not the coil you want to vape at real high watts with really long drags and chain vape, it just won't keep up.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Oops, I thought that I put it in the OP, but yes I'm using "max" VG. I'm not sure of the exact ratio, as I order 50/50 juice from my favourite vendor and ask them for max VG instead. I did get the TFV12 specifically because a lot of people said that it was good for high VG juices!

Yeah, I guess I'm just vaping wrong for this coil. I find that I'm not getting much flavour at all until I hit at least 110w though, even then not the best flavour. It's only once I hit 120w that the flavour is better than the T12 (which I was vaping at 140w-160w) for me. I do like really long drags, so I guess that is my problem. I'll try to stick to short pulls and see how I go, but I don't enjoy them as much at all. Something about a massive, hot lung full that I really enjoy.

I think maybe the X4 will be what I'm looking for. It's a pity, though, I already ordered a 3 pack of Q4 coils from Fasttech! The Q4 is about 5 dollars cheaper per 3 pack compared to the X4, and the T12 is a whopping 11AUD more than the Q4s! I'll use them all though, could be worse haha.

I just saw that there are other coils, different than the ones that came with my tank. The T6 and T8!! Has anyone tried those?

hacker7

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried the Q4 and after the first day of use was getting dry cotton hits. I was vaping it at 110 watts dropped that down to 85 watts and the same thing every couple of hits cotton.If I am going to vape that way I might as well use my TFV8. If I am not going to use the T12 coil I might as well just use the V8.

hacker7

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are looking to save money this is not the tank to use. Its exspensive to run even compared to the V8. But it can't be beat for vaping fun. The only problem is that once you get use to it its hard to go back to other tanks. Even the V8 with the T8 coil seems tame compared to the TFV12 with the T12 coil.

VU Sponsors