Become a Patron!

Anyone else smoking and vaping?

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am smoking and vaping and some days I only vape but some days I don't vape at all is this weird?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's amazing well done RMarcusY and thanks scalewiz:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It took me 3 or 4 weeks to completely put down cigarettes. Every time I lit one up, though, I couldn't stand the taste and put it out before I got half way through it. Some have quit immediately, some still smoke. Most of us see vaping as harm reduction. If you want to stop, you will. No judgement from me!

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had already quit smoking a couple years before I started vaping

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both my wife and I smoked and vaped before we switched over to vaping. Stick with it, you'll get there.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you start to care how bad you actually stink from the cigs you will stop.
VERY TRUE!

I dual used (Cigs and Vape) for 8 days. After that I still vaped 6mg, and then 3mg, nicotine eJuice. Everyone is different. Some people completely quit smoking and nicotine, others quit all the nasty chemicals in cigarettes but continue to vape nicotine eJuice. Also everyone is different is the time it takes to reach their individual goal.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I smoked my last cigarette on the way to my local vape shop to buy my first vape (April 2, 2015:) )
I have not smoked a cigarette since that day. I was DETERMINED to quit smoking cigarettes and vaping has been a life saver for me.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're all amazing and I know that once I start vaping my own juices (if they taste good) I will quit smoking but everyone at works smokes :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're all amazing and I know that once I start vaping my own juices (if they taste good) I will quit smoking but everyone at works smokes :(

That's how it was for me, too. I just hung out with them for quite a while, anyway. I got tired of smelling like smoke when I went back inside. I can't stand for my hair or clothes to smell like smoke. In the past, I never noticed how bad it was.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's how it was for me, too. I just hung out with them for quite a while, anyway. I got tired of smelling like smoke when I went back inside. I can't stand for my hair or clothes to smell like smoke. In the past, I never noticed how bad it was.
I know that feeling the smell of my colleagues when they come back in from smoking was disgusting when I gave up for a week, on nicotine replacement instead of vaping, yuck!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to quit cigs 50 years of 2+ packs a day and I was about dead. What I did was, every time I wanted a cig I'd vape some 18 -24 and a few hits later I no longer wanted a smoke. Worked for me.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I guess I am the odd one out then. I still smoke and vape both. Vaping isn't much of an option for me at certain times so I still smoke, I guess when I am ready to give it up I will. The vaping has cut down on my analogs a lot though.

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dual used for a while when I started vaping, I kept telling myself every time I bought a pack of cigs that this would be my last pack....I finally picked up some 18mg nic juice and said screw it I'm throwing the half pack of cigs away...haven't looked back since (July 2nd 2015)...I am now down to 6mg nic and loving not smelling like cigs.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I had the self control to have one occasionally; well actually what I should say is I kind of wish I had one some of the times I get a craving.

All of the 4 cigarettes I've had over the last 3 months (and I haven't had one in 2 months) have been disgusting. The funny thing is that the cigs I do (still) have are one of my go-to brands/styles.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to quit cigs 50 years of 2+ packs a day and I was about dead. What I did was, every time I wanted a cig I'd vape some 18 -24 and a few hits later I no longer wanted a smoke. Worked for me.
Glad you found vaping

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I guess I am the odd one out then. I still smoke and vape both. Vaping isn't much of an option for me at certain times so I still smoke, I guess when I am ready to give it up I will. The vaping has cut down on my analogs a lot though.
Nope, I still do both....the thing that really does seem to change things for me is WTAs.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am smoking and vaping and some days I only vape but some days I don't vape at all is this weird?

not really especially when you first start vaping.the more you vape the less you'll want to smoke though.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, I still do both....the thing that really does seem to change things for me is WTAs.

Is it a goal of yours to become a vaper? If so, do you think that increasing the alkaloids or nicotine level would help to make the change?

I should make a confession; I was one of the lucky ones in that I quit smoking a week after I started vaping because cigarettes became unbearably disgusting. But I also started vaping (listen for the gasps) 36mg. It wasn't unusual to do so at the time.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sorry, I meant no offense. I meant to vape full time in place of smoking. Three years is quite a while.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked for 40 years.This is not odd, maybe to newer vapers but there's a huge thread on ECF where people who did both could talk to each other about it..one of the problems people have about quitting smoking through vaping is that if you don't do it overnight or the first time you failed.....we know nothing about addiction and we're all on new ground here.
So if you don't stop smoking 3 days after you pick up vaping don't judge yourself as a failure...you are unique and your solution is going to be uniquely yours....you may need to increase nic, you may need to use WTAs, you may need to vape NET juices, you may need a particular style of vaping....or you may just need more time...but if you go from a two packs to 5 cigarettes or from two packs to one pack you're gaining ground.....some people vape for weeks at a time then have a couple of smokes...everybody is different don't let other people define you. experiment try everything give yourself permission to vape in whatever fashion you choose whatever helps get you smoking fewer and fewer cigs.one of the great things about having vaped for so long was that I started vaping when nobody knew shit, and so we all gave each other permission to try whatever mad idea crossed our minds....now vaping has rules and cults and dos and don'ts. fuck it ....do whatever works.....except sub ohm tanks don't do that lame ass shit...

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't agree more. When I started researching in 2009, there wasn't much information available. There was ECF, however, which I joined in August of that year.

Regarding your situation you are right, of course, everyone's different. If cutting down is a goal and vaping helps, perfect. While I've not witnessed any cults, per se, you and I are both members at HEM as are other VU participants. While I have felt a little out of my depth there at times, I do share their sense of humor. So many people tend to take themselves so very seriously! :rolleyes:

As to your remark "sub ohm tanks don't do that lame ass shit," I'm unsure what lame-ass shit you're expecting them to do. I've been through a half-dozen different brands and have settled on one I enjoy which, along with my TC mods, keeps me off tobacco. In all honesty, I haven't considered smoking in years.

I sincerely wish you well in achieving whatever goals you set.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I also started vaping (listen for the gasps) 36mg. It wasn't unusual to do so at the time.
No it wasn't.I had stopped smoking using 16mg Snus 2 months prior to switching to vaping.And on recommendations was told that 24mg might be best.Wow it was way too strong so I switched to 18mg and was much happier.

thepopenale

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On a typical day I used to smoke 10-15 cigs. They are just too expensive where Im from so I started vaping. Now I have two cigs a day when I m working in the kitchen and none when I have the day off.

I honestly only started vaping from a saving money perspective so Im pretty happy with where I am with it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm one of the lucky ones in that the first day I picked up an ecig (not counting the first ones I tried maybe 8 or 9 years ago), I never even wanted another cigarette. That was after 40 years at a pack a day. I never felt deprived, and I never even wanted another cigarette. For some of us it's that easy, for others it's harder, but I do think upgrading equipment and experimenting with flavors had a lot to do with keeping me from wanting to smoke.

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Is it a goal of yours to become a vaper? If so, do you think that increasing the alkaloids or nicotine level would help to make the change?

I should make a confession; I was one of the lucky ones in that I quit smoking a week after I started vaping because cigarettes became unbearably disgusting. But I also started vaping (listen for the gasps) 36mg. It wasn't unusual to do so at the time.
I still have bottles of DIY 36-38mg juice from long ago, along with a bag of DSE901;s 808's, chargers...it was good and fun and it did curb my cigarette cravings but did not do enough to quell it back then. Pretty much gave up on vaping then. Then a few months ago I tried out my buddies mech and whooooooooo...yeah that got me back in it. Sub-ohm was the ticket for me tocompletely give up cigarettes.

Now that I haven't had a cig in about two months I can honestly vape at 1.2-1.8 ohm with 12mg and be content and not even crave a cigarette. However I am still an absolute nicotine fiend, if I didn't have a vape I honestly think I'd crack and hunt down a cigarette just for the nic fix.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congrats, Zr0. And you;ll find most of us are nicotine fiends.

You might get a surprise if you tried ciggies after two months vaping, though. They taste nasty!

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm one of the lucky ones in that the first day I picked up an ecig (not counting the first ones I tried maybe 8 or 9 years ago), I never even wanted another cigarette. That was after 40 years at a pack a day. I never felt deprived, and I never even wanted another cigarette. For some of us it's that easy, for others it's harder, but I do think upgrading equipment and experimenting with flavors had a lot to do with keeping me from wanting to smoke.
In addition to upgrading equipment, experimenting with flavors (trying my own now..results to be determined.lol), another huge difference for me, is a change in habbits..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I quit smoking habit of 35 years within a week of vaping and never looked back. It was a great method for me. My gf who only smoked for 5 years quit at same time. She has gone back to smoking prob for the nic. She vapes 0 and her body can't tolerate even 2%. Not sure why either. If she hits mine setup at 2% she gets that nicotine overload symptoms. So after she sneaks a cig (lolol. Not sure why she tries to hide it) she takes a few hits off her Vape to get rid of that nasty taste.
Basically everyone is different. I look at as if vaping helps reduce smoking even a little bit you are doing ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem is when you go from Cigs to Vaping, you are not only addicted to the Nic, but also the added chemicals that are in a cig. Just stay strong brother. We got your back!

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I too, am a dual user. My advice is to stick with it even if it helps you take fewer cigs per day its worth it in the long run. Try some WTA's (whole tobacco alkaloids) They help take the edge off. You can add it to your ejuice to help out. I use Mothers Milk WTA and it works for me to cut back on smoking.
Good Luck!!!

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figure one habit at a time is plenty..lol

I smoke 2 packs of parliament a day and started smoking at the young age of 15. Its been 6 years of smoking cigs and at this point , I had already accepted my faith and figured stopping is impossible. Last month my friend gave me his derringer as a birthday present and from that point onwards , my cig smoking has decreased a lot. The only time I prefer lighting a stick is when taking a shit or after having a meal. Vaping has really taken over my nic addiction , you don't smell like shit , tons of flavor to choose from, no more chest pains and back aches every goddamn morning. I haven't even thought about quitting cigarettes and now I only smoke 10 sticks a day. The clouds and tinkering part is a bonus too.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did both early on because vaping was new and extremely frustrating. But once variable voltage came out , thank you Provape, I was only vaping. Then after a couple months I decided to try a cigarette again as an experiment. It was a success! The couple drags I took were absolutely disgusting and it was like I could feel the thousands of chemicals in that cigarette. I felt like I had poisoned myself. I knew at that moment I would never smoke again.

VU Sponsors