Become a Patron!

Anyone experienced with pineapple flavoring?

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
About a year ago, I made a simple Pineapple Hard Candy flavor that I fell in love with. Problem is, I don't remember which manufacturer made the pineapple I used and the shop i worked in ar the time has switches owners, so its not a reliable source. I've noticed quite a few people mention a dirty sock flavor common with some pineapple flavorings and was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions as to which it might have been.

I'm gonna try my best to remember some of the characteristics of the pineapple flavoring, but as mentioned, it was a while ago. It was a wee bit sour (mouth pucker kind, not need to throw it away kind), a bit of sweetness, and had a minor throat hit. Does that sound familiar to anyone? Hopefully at least narrow it down to just a few.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
BUMPING this up.....
Sounds like a real good pineapple. I hope someone comes around with something that sparks your memory.
I love pineapple but have not been able to figure out the balance of more tartness than sweet.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been disapointed with all pineapple flavors. Inawera pineapple is the last one I will try, since it supposed to be decent.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been using the Flavor Apprentice Pineapple. Its fine, but Id like a bit more of a flavor "punch" I add the TFA sour and its good, but missing something.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love caps pineapple personally and just got Fw pineapple natural.... not sure its much of a solo flavor, still testing it. Caps does seem a little candy-like, kinda reminds me of the pineapple flavor Haribo gummy bears(I use @2-3%). Hic stated a great compliment to any pineapple flavor, add a tad bit of lime to sour it up(.5%or so). I will say I am NOT a fan of the FA one at all, tasted "sour bad" to me...

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love caps pineapple personally and just got Fw pineapple natural.... not sure its much of a solo flavor, still testing it. Caps does seem a little candy-like, kinda reminds me of the pineapple flavor Haribo gummy bears(I use @2-3%). Hic stated a great compliment to any pineapple flavor, add a tad bit of lime to sour it up(.5%or so). I will say I am NOT a fan of the FA one at all, tasted "sour bad" to me...
FW natural pineapple.. seems to be good ?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What does FW stand for? Sorry, been on this forum for over 4 years and I still cant remember the initials. :)

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW natural pineapple.. seems to be good ?
Nat. Pineapple tastes good so far but im worried about clogging really, its been irritating me lately lol. Fw is Flavor West....this one seems to be a bit lighter than other fw natural flavors ive tried though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Much the same as everyone...
FA - Smells horrible. I used to like it, no problems at all, then one day it just tasted like it smelled. It's not old, it didn't go bad, but my taste buds have done all kinds of weird things with certain flavors.
TFA - not a natural pineapple to me, mayyybe kinda candylike, but not bad. I do find it strong, doesn't take much more than 1% for me.
Caps - I agree, it's kinda like candy, sweet, not tart to me, at all.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the caps golden pineapple myself. That's the only one that doesn't taste like bug spray to me lol. INW is ok but there's a fine line between actual pineapple and just straight chemical to my taste buds. Pineapple is a tough flavor for me, much like peach, I have at least 7 different peaches and my taste buds hate them all :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's like pineapple juice
I'll need to get that one, then. Shit, for all I know I have it and forgot. I really need to spend more time with DIY. I used to spend hours on it. This thread alone, proves how differently we all taste things, huh?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll need to get that one, then. Shit, for all I know I have it and forgot. I really need to spend more time with DIY. I used to spend hours on it. This thread alone, proves how differently we all taste things, huh?
For sure. That's why flavor reviews are only so useful... I've luckily found a few people that seem to have similar tastes as I do... and I stick with them for the final verdict.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For sure. That's why flavor reviews are only so useful... I've luckily found a few people that seem to have similar tastes as I do... and I stick with them for the final verdict.
That's exactly what I do. It's handy to mix up stuff, sure, but when purchasing something that hasn't worked with other brands, it's so helpful, knowing "it worked for so and so".

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
TFA, CAP Golden, FW Natural, INW, and HS are the ones I should try, I guess. Maybe mix 'em together to see if I can't find some combination that works better for me than separately. Though, I looked for a HS distributer in the states and was hard pressed to find anything over a few mils. Back to looking for that as well.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
https://www.caterpillarvapes.com/hangsen-e-liquid/zero-nicotine/pineapple-hangsen-e-liquid/ I've never ordered from here. Maybe someone knows.

Most others I found on google showed places in the UK, or places I've never heard of. I've heard of Caterpillar vapes, just no experience with them.
When I gave it a quick Googleing to figure out what HS was short for, I didn't find any sites in the US that I had heard. I'll look at some reviews later and make a judgment call. I'll give Bull City and Caterpillar a thorough look, though!

Edit: RTS has it in quantities larger than 30ml. They seem to have decent reviews, as well. From what I understand, the nicotine isn't the best, but the flavorings they offer are legitimate.

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA, CAP Golden, FW Natural, INW, and HS are the ones I should try, I guess. Maybe mix 'em together to see if I can't find some combination that works better for me than separately. Though, I looked for a HS distributer in the states and was hard pressed to find anything over a few mils. Back to looking for that as well.
Few mls might be all you need to know if you will like it. If you think Caps or the others are too sweet, dont forget to add a lil lime...lime distilled FA(.5% or so) is my pref.... it really does make it a bit more authentic imo.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Few mls might be all you need to know if you will like it. If you think Caps or the others are too sweet, dont forget to add a lil lime...lime distilled FA(.5% or so) is my pref.... it really does make it a bit more authentic imo.
No doubt. I was just lIke being prepared. If I find something I like. I want to be able to find it in larger quantities.

I'll keep the lime in mind as well, could prove very useful.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Keep in mind you can always tweak a Pineapple recipe once you find one you like best to use for a base.
Add some Cream, VBIC, Orange, (Coconut + FA Jamaican Rum), and FA Marshmallow, to name a few.
Or 1-2 drops of sweetener if you need it more like candy.

I like the INW Pinacolada the best so far, don't really taste any coconut though.
Need to get the regular INW Pineapple to try one of these days.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to make a pineapple ice cream juice with this

https://www.vapingzone.com/Pineapple-Concentrated-Flavor-/pid-376.html

And a bit of malt from nature's flavors for a friend who couldn't tolerate any PG. Keep in mind vaping zone flavors are based in alcohol instead of PG so need a good steep and can have a bit of throat hit, but for that recipe it worked well.

ETA: these are super concentrated. Start at 1.5-2%

I use TFA pineapple in my favorite mix. It's extremely concentrated, and easy to over do. It also doesn't like to play well with others or blend easily with vg. If you piss it off, the molecules will separate, resulting in a dirty sock flavor.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to make a pineapple ice cream juice with this

https://www.vapingzone.com/Pineapple-Concentrated-Flavor-/pid-376.html

And a bit of malt from nature's flavors for a friend who couldn't tolerate any PG. Keep in mind vaping zone flavors are based in alcohol instead of PG so need a good steep and can have a bit of throat hit, but for that recipe it worked well.

ETA: these are super concentrated. Start at 1.5-2%
There's another one to look at. Looked up some reviews and most of them were positive. Though, I'm not familiar with alcohol-based flavor concentrate. I'll do some more research and probably nab a small bottle to do my own testing as well.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There's another one to look at. Looked up some reviews and most of them were positive. Though, I'm gone familiar with alcohol-based flavor concentrate. I'll do some more research and probably nab a small bottle to do my own testing as well.

The VZ-SC Blackberry is quite good too.
Using 1.5% with 4% TFA VBIC + 2% TFA Dairy Milk + 1% FA Marshmallow.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind you can always tweak a Pineapple recipe once you find one you like best to use for a base.
Add some Cream, VBIC, Orange, (Coconut + FA Jamaican Rum), and FA Marshmallow, to name a few.
Or 1-2 drops of sweetener if you need it more like candy.

I like the INW Pinacolada the best so far, don't really taste any coconut though.
Need to get the regular INW Pineapple to try one of these days.
I have CAPs and INW. I really like INW.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VZ-SC Blackberry is quite good too.
Ditto ... I even like it solo with a tad of sweetener, (which I seldom use).
I solo test all new flavors, and it's nice to find one that you can actually vape without adding anything else too ... for lazy days :p

My 2¢
Pineapple ... bear in mind, my taste buds suck, but I have tried VZ, HS, LA, and TFA
I like them all, but they require a high % for me to taste ... the LA is the only one I can use at a lower %, and get the same results from.
I also tried INW, VV, and FA ... they found a new home :huh:

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried MF Pineapple? I heard the coffee they make is top notch, strong af and equally expensive, but top notch.

Speaking of which.. Has anyone tried anything they produce?

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VV? Who is that ... not familiar with that abbreviation for a flavor manufacturer.
V V is Vista Vapors ... they don't sell "flavorings" anymore since the FDA butted in, which is a bummer, because they had some good ones.
I loved their Blueberry, Blue Raspberry, Butter Pecan, Butterscotch, Caramel Coffee, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, and Black Cherry.
The only way you can get those flavors now is to purchase the juice premade. ... Nope :(

VU Sponsors