Become a Patron!

anyone got any good sour recipes plz

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
love the sour recipes into the candy lol anyone got any good sour recipes plz

Use some TFA Sweet & Tart Candy or TFA Sour to make things sour.

Sour Apple maybe? (haven't actually made this yet, so it's just a guess)
2-3% FA Fuji Apple + 1-2% TFA Sour
Edit: Just mixed up 3% Fuji + 2% Sour, testing tomorrow:D.

Probably could use just about any fruit, but TFA Citrus Punch & FA Lime come to mind as somewhat naturally sour.
But you could add some Sweet & Tart or Sour to make them even more tart.

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is something I've been working on for some time. I really like fruit/candy/sweet/fizzy mixes and have spent the last few weeks working on some.

Flavorah Lemonade is a great flavour, worth giving a go. I'm impressed with flavorah atm. I've recently ordered a lot of their flavours and will be playing with them early next week when I have some time off work.

I recently posted a FRUITGASM clone which you might like - it's candy like, but not sour. I also recently did a really simple pink lemonade which is good. Also check out my yoda snot clone which is a lemon/lime. Check these out, I think they may be in the direction you are looking for.

Tbh, I've found a majority of the DIY community seem to go for creamy/desert/cake/custard type mixes. There has been some great stuff posted but I always lean more towards sweet/sour/candy/fizzy vapes. I've not found a great deal online so far that quite satisfies me which is why I'm spending so much time trying to work it out. I'm a way off yet but making progress.

Where about in the world are you? There is a line of flavouring called Kandi-hed that does a lot of candy type flavours. They are based in the UK. I haven't had a great deal of use out of them so far but they are along the lines of what I think you're looking for. You may have better results than me.

DV Lemon Sherbet is also quite effective. As others have said, TPA Citrus Punch is great for adding fizz/carbonation, however, I've found the flavour to not be very versatile so it can be hard to work with. TPA champagne is quite effective in doing the same thing at 0.5-1.5%. It will add fizz/carbonation and a bit of bitterness but won't have have as much effect on the other flavours as TPA Citrus punch.

A lot of guys here are likely to recommend FA for fruit. I love FA but had found they are too natural tasting for successful candy type vapes. Again, there have been some great recipes using this company but in my experience they are better for the natural tasting stuff. A lot of their flavours take a lot of work to 'tame' into a more artificial candy type taste - and are therefore not very versatile when mixing with a candy taste in mind. However, FA Citrus mix is a great flavour for adding a complex, citrus aspects to a mix - 0.5-2.5%.

Hope that helps in some way. I'll keep an eye to anything you post as it seems you are looking for a similar type of vape to me :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This is something I've been working on for some time.
Me too! I'm trying to make a real sour/tart apple. So far, I've tried TFA Sour and Citric Acid. However, the results weren't promising, I had some sour/tart, but not as much as I'd liked. Besides those two sour flavors, I added FA Bitter Wizard, FA Lime (don't remember, which one of the two), FA Grapefruit, TFA Citrus Mix, it aided in getting more of a sour flavor. I recently bought Ascorbic Acid and Tartaric Acid. Maybe, they help do the trick, or a combination of them. I'll share my recipe, once I do get the expected results.
If anyone else has prior success, please do share!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Edit: Just mixed up 3% Fuji + 2% Sour, testing tomorrow

Well the results are not what I was looking for, not really sour.
The TFA Sour seems to cause the Apple to fade some.
Not that I was surprised as I'd read elsewhere that Malic Acid can cause flavor fade.
Although using 0.5% Sour with Strawberry seemed to brighten it up just a bit.

Tartaric Acid

That was the other one I was curious about...

4cowgirl2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am very curious as well love the sweet as sour type vapes. My favorite right now is the magic lemonade that is posted on this site.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Me too! I'm trying to make a real sour/tart apple. So far, I've tried TFA Sour and Citric Acid. However, the results weren't promising, I had some sour/tart, but not as much as I'd liked. Besides those two sour flavors, I added FA Bitter Wizard, FA Lime (don't remember, which one of the two), FA Grapefruit, TFA Citrus Mix, it aided in getting more of a sour flavor. I recently bought Ascorbic Acid and Tartaric Acid. Maybe, they help do the trick, or a combination of them. I'll share my recipe, once I do get the expected results.
If anyone else has prior success, please do share!
I've found most 'flavour enhancers' don't quite do what I've expected them to do. If they do, it's usually too too subtle an effect of brings with it certain issues. For this reason I've been working on working with flavours only. Sweet mix - sweet flavours, sour mix - sour flavours. As I've said, Flavorah seem to be proving a lot of candy type flavours. They've been working really well for me!

I've just posted a link to an Apple sour I recently finished. It's in the thread above this. Think you should like it :)

I usually add a fraction of a % of TFA greek yogurt or TFA Apricot to give a sourish note. I have not tried them with apple. It may be worth a try

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dont have sour recipe but i know of a name brand juice that is sour. its called,

Ohm Run by Juicy Ohms.
its a take on sour gummy worms

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking for sour cherry or cola recipes anyone got one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I made a really good sour melon out of liquid barn juice I had laying around. The weaker strawberry makes the melon pop. I'm sure you can sub these easily for tfa or fa.

Honeydew (LB) 5%

Sour (liquid barn) 3%

Strawberry - Liquid Barn 6%

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am looking for a sour peach recipe....tried the apple one listed here and it was great! could the same numbers also apply to the peach?

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am looking for a sour peach recipe....tried the apple one listed here and it was great! could the same numbers also apply to the peach?
I'd knock Apple down to 2% and add a highly concentrated peach flavour at low %

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can suggest to ask HIC's. I'm pretty sure he will be able to help you out. Let me know if you come across of one of those... Good Luck!

VU Sponsors