Become a Patron!

Anyone have feelings on/tried Mammoth mods?

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Been looking for a dual-18650 mech for a while that fits my price range. I'm not ruling out a clone, but my personal preference is not to go that route unless I have no choice.

Obviously a lot of authentic full mechs are quite expensive, and many out of my range. I stumbled across Mammoth the other day (possibly even from here) and noticed the kits are really much less expensive and turn out to be nice *looking* devices, based on photos. The kits certainly appear pretty decent, I just don't know for sure.

To be clear, I don't have the ability to put these together, but I have someone who ABSOLUTELY can and I am not a novice vaper by a long shot, nor am I inexperienced with mechs. Just don't usually prefer them and therefore have less experience with them, but enough to be safe. I just want something that will last. I also feel like something that I can have a family member put together is that much easier to have fixed if something should happen.

So, mostly asking on the quality of the parts if anyone knows.

edit: I made a mistake; the DIY kits at least are not fully mechanical but I'd still love to know if anyone has had any experience with them or has any other input.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
These kits are for unregulated mods, mechanical mods have no wires.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@martnargh Let me check again quick, I'll come back and edit. I thought the very simple kit had no wires but perhaps I was mistaken.

Ed: You are right. I know what a full mech mod is lol; I thought all of the wires included were related to the voltmeter, which is optional and I don't want. I just missed where it said it comes with a MOSFET.

I guess the question is whether or not they also sell mechanical switches, or if I could simply buy one from elsewhere and have the assembler use that instead. Need to do a bit more research all around. I am not jumping right into this either way.

Anyway, question still stands. The simple kit is inexpensive and if a family member is putting it together for me then it is that much easier to get fixed if something goes wrong.

Thank you for the clarification. My mistake!

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imo if youre looking for inexpensive you could get a mech box clone, which can be as cheap as like 20 bucks or something.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would suggest the Full Brass Diablo from Fast Tech or the Full Copper Dimitri or Cherry Bomber there...they is some hard hitters!

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just really don't love clones in principle when today there are often, not always, affordable authentic options but I'm not ruling a clone out either. They just make me feel a little bit badly all over, but I've gone the clone route when it unquestionably makes more sense, including financially.

I am more of a regulated person and haven't ever had the need to buy a clone device before now, just atties. I've had mechs before though-- think I purchased my last FULL mech in 2011 though!!-- and do have a couple of Tesla Twos, in terms of more modern unregulated devices. Hypothetical: assuming for a moment that the mammoth parts are OK (or else maybe there's somewhere else I can get the parts separately), am I really better off with a Chinese clone factory than a trusted, skilled family member? My uncle builds computers for a living and has some knowledge of e-cigs, not that I think he'd really need it for something like this. It's fine if I really am better off with a good clone, or if it's just subjective. That's why I'm asking. I've been vaping forever but this simply isn't my usual wheelhouse. I fully realize some clones are well made... my Tobeco Velocity is one of my favorite RDAs... but they still make me feel nervous and skeezy, just personally.

VU Sponsors