Become a Patron!

Anyone have the Fogger V5 yet?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This might be the one I buy. The first one was absolute garbage and ended up there after a few uses.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Ughhhhh run away from it. Run as fast as you can. Wait for the 5.1 or whatever that goes back to screw posts. The one I received got promptly shipped back for refund. The push button posts aren't strong enough to keep coils in place. And the negative post is turned about 90 degrees off. It was so bad that the resistance was all over the place just tapping the side. Worst design ever.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ughhhhh run away from it. Run as fast as you can. Wait for the 5.1 or whatever that goes back to screw posts. The one I received got promptly shipped back for refund. The push button posts aren't strong enough to keep coils in place. And the negative post is turned about 90 degrees off. It was so bad that the resistance was all over the place just tapping the side. Worst design ever.
Are the holes in your posts like the ones in the photo below, where it seems like you can't thread the wire completely to the other side?

fogger_v5_by_yi_loong-5.jpg

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Same problem but on the opposite post. Your picture has it 90 degrees off on the positive post.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea expect to see 5.1,5.2,5.3,5.4 etc again

People been asking for holes in posts to make it easier to connect coils, but they messed it up with the spring screws, I love my foggers, but I am not going to trust a little spring to hold my coil when running at 0.50ohms, sure hope the 5.1 version comes pretty fast with the holes still but with proper screws on the posts.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All they had to do was drill big holes in the posts and put beefy flat bottomed screws into the posts (sigh) - a mess like the Fogger v1.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my god i just got mine and how much I hate it.. This thing is so bad... First of the the push in posts are not strong enough to hold the coils in place.. Second it hurts my fingers trying to push down the post when trying to get my coils in those small holes.. Third.. The damn deck is so small.. It is so hard to build a dual coil on that deck without them touching the chimney and shorting the coil out. And you can't get them close to the deck cause the damn posts aren't strong enough to hold them in place.. I am so unhappy with this thing.. Run away! Run away as fast as you can!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So it's shit. Next revision please.....

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Orchid for sure. Soooo good and just works. Check out Orchid Modification thread to expand your options.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh my god i just got mine and how much I hate it.. This thing is so bad... First of the the push in posts are not strong enough to hold the coils in place.. Second it hurts my fingers trying to push down the post when trying to get my coils in those small holes.. Third.. The damn deck is so small.. It is so hard to build a dual coil on that deck without them touching the chimney and shorting the coil out. And you can't get them close to the deck cause the damn posts aren't strong enough to hold them in place.. I am so unhappy with this thing.. Run away! Run away as fast as you can!

I have found out, they also provide normal screws you can use to replace the spring loaded posts, IMO they should have them installed when packaged and then had the spring posts in the extras, as seems people don't know you can take them springs out and replace with screws instead.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found out, they also provide normal screws you can use to replace the spring loaded posts, IMO they should have them installed when packaged and then had the spring posts in the extras, as seems people don't know you can take them springs out and replace with screws instead.

How did I not notice those screws in the bagg.. Dude, I was just packing up my fogger to return when i got your reply. i opened it back up and sure enough the little screws make a perfect fit.. Guess i will not be returning after all.. good save man... these screws make all the difference.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So then by using the screws, the only real difference between v4.1 and v5 is the bottom vs. top filling?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So then by using the screws, the only real difference between v4.1 and v5 is the bottom vs. top filling?

No it still has the holes in the posts, so makes it a lot easier to mount your coils.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How did I not notice those screws in the bagg.. Dude, I was just packing up my fogger to return when i got your reply. i opened it back up and sure enough the little screws make a perfect fit.. Guess i will not be returning after all.. good save man... these screws make all the difference.

Yea I read your post yesterday about you sending it back, hence why I thought I should put the info about the screws here ;)

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I read your post yesterday about you sending it back, hence why I thought I should put the info about the screws here ;)

Well i just finished my first build on it.. Ended up at a .9. I don't know.. It doesn't really produce anymore vapor then my kayfun. And it doesn't produce that crackle pop sound like my kayfun which takes away from the enjoyment some how.. Also is producing harsh vapor.. Probably not building it right.. Will have to try a few more builds..

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well i just finished my first build on it.. Ended up at a .9. I don't know.. It doesn't really produce anymore vapor then my kayfun. And it doesn't produce that crackle pop sound like my kayfun which takes away from the enjoyment some how.. Also is producing harsh vapor.. Probably not building it right.. Will have to try a few more builds..

I have 3 foggers, and they are a lot better than kayfuns, but I also build a lot lower on the foggers compared to the kayfun though. But should still be better if even around the same resistance, as have better air flow with the fogger.

Dudditz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fogger V5 arrived on Friday. I have 2 fogger V4.1 from AngelCigs so I can only compare it to this version. I have only done one build on it and first impressions are its not for me. The push-pin posts are a joke, I had a hell of a time getting a single coil 28g through the holes however getting 2 coils making a dual coil build seemed next to impossible. That said, I realized I could remove the push-pins and use the screws that came with the unit which I assume they are for replacing the push-pin. So after building a dual coil and putting the tank back together I attempted to fill the tank using the new fill hole on the top. To my surprise the fill-hole is so small the only way to fill this is with a syringe style fill. With the fogger 4.1's I can fill with any dripper style bottle without issues. Also, my impressions this thing holds less juice than the V4. I did not look up the stats however to me it seemed it could hold as less as 2ml juice compared to the 4.1, maybe I am wrong however it did seem that way when filling it. The 3rd issue I have with this tank is its even taller than the Fogger V4. Overall, I did not find the vape to be any better than the 4.1 however I only vaped on it for an hour or so. I was so disappointed by the push-pins, fill hole, slightly taller tank I emptied the tank and switched back to the 4.1 within 1 hour of use. I really wanted to like this tank however it have major flows. I have a Orchid V3 and V4 on the way hoping one of these will replace my fogger v4.1

Last edited:

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My v5 is going back Monday for all the same problems. Especially the build deck being so small its easy to short on the chimney. But if you make a coil with less wraps it doesn't want to stay in the screwed in posts. But more wraps hit the chimney. Top fill only syringe is not such a great design either. The Orchid is still the winner.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Orchid V3 and V4 on the way hoping one of these will replace my fogger v4.1

Shit, I just got a orchid v2 and now theres a 3 and 4? WTF?[/quote][/quote]

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit, I just got a orchid v2 and now theres a 3 and 4? WTF?
[/quote][/QUOTE]

Orchid V3 is no functional improvement over V2, just a different style tank, top cap and drip tip. Dumb version "upgrade" IMO. V4 will have a bigger tank about the size of a Kayfun. You're set @Midniteoyl. You're better off improving and customizing with Kayfun or Taifun GT parts. Check out the Orchid Modification thread.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahh.. I see. thanks. Looked them up.. I know my EHPro KFL+ v2 Nano M tank fit the Orchid v2 already.. Looks good too. Slightly less capacity though ;)

VU Sponsors