Become a Patron!

Anyone know how to put this 4nine mod together it came in pieces

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haha this mod is odd..
I traded someone for it and it came in pieces I hahaha do not want to search google not feeling well
anyone know how to get the magnets to work with the battery to make sense nothing I do makes sense

Thanks in advance

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Drop the button down into the button collet with the button larger diameter facing up. The button should rest on a step in the button collet with the logo facing down/out. Next, attach the magnet/insulator to the negative end of a (button top) battery and gently drop in above the button. The button magnet should "repel" the battery magnet so that the battery "floats" above the button.
Screw the hybrid top cap into the tube, then the atomizer into the top cap, or... screw the atty all the way onto the hybrid type top cap... then the top cap into the tube. When it makes contact, you're good to go.
With some attys, where the 510 screw or pin extends a bit from the ground threads, you can use a flat top battery... only you can figure out from there what works.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so both batteries reside on the botton with opposing poles? I did this and with a flat top batter and a TOBH atty on it it constantly fires I just dont get it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see the prob its a cheap clone I will have to put a space at the top to make it work right arggggg

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see fatdaddyvapes.com has a fix for this thing dear god what a piece of shit clone
Most of the 4Nine clones have issues. From cheap magnets that lose magnetism when exposed to relatively modest heat - to large button to collet tolerances, that make for inconsistent and poor continuity. The authentic Tarsius 4Nine has had a few issues as well, but he stands behind and constantly upgrades his products.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so both batteries reside on the botton with opposing poles? I did this and with a flat top batter and a TOBH atty on it it constantly fires I just dont get it.

Assuming 18650...
Some batteries are different lengths. My vtc5 has a nice short throw with most of my attys but auto fires with the magma.
The throw is perfect with no auto fire with my purple 35a and magma.
Maybe just try a different batt to see if that's all it is.

If you're using a 18 490/500 the extensions are two different sizes so you can see which one of the two works best with your 490/500. Short one is usually the right one.

Also your battery magnet may turn inside the delrin to adjust height... not all are that way though.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah U see that fatdaddyvapes has some upgrades I just feel like its junk U am sure I could make it work better but week tharbone goes to the parts bin

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most of the 4Nine clones have issues. From cheap magnets that lose magnetism when exposed to relatively modest heat - to large button to collet tolerances, that make for inconsistent and poor continuity. The authentic Tarsius 4Nine has had a few issues as well, but he stands behind and constantly upgrades his products.

Yeah U see that fatdaddyvapes has some upgrades I just feel like its junk I am sure I could make it work better but not worth the effirt goes to the parts bin

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you stick the disc magnet on the negative end of the battery and it opposes the polarity of the magnet on the firing switch.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you stick the disc magnet on the negative end of the battery and it opposes the polarity of the magnet on the firing switch.
Thanks brother I got it kinda working but it seems like this clone its black is a bit to short even with a flat top sony like you it seems like the sonys are the only ones I can kinda make work I have to loosed the top this one is a cheap stainless model could be tin ... thanx man I am going to take it out back and make a video for you guys shoot it with something big serious I hate this thing.. I had it run away on me with a sony in it earlier today dear god :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you think that upgrade on Fatdaddyvapes.com is worth getting its 10 bucks it looks like it puts a top post in I mean if I wanted to I could mod this thing to work but I have way better projects I am working on then this cheap tin metal junk... I do like how short it is though

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure the firing switch is seated all the way down the tube. For me its a bit tricky to get it in all the way. thick fingers and a skinny tube.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure the firing switch is seated all the way down the tube. For me its a bit tricky to get it in all the way. thick fingers and a skinny tube.
Yes dude at first I had the same prob no man its like this run was just a bit too short I have tried everything earlier I left it for a sec and it had not been firing and I touched it a minute later it burned up both my coils in my Magma hahaha and was so hot I grabbed it with pliers and another set to unscrew it luckily It was in one of my wooden stands cause I smelled it .. and thank god I had a VTC5 in there or maybe Boom?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow I think I would take that 4nine out of commission.

D

Donald Bickers

I try to stay with button top in my 4 nine,,,,i had to modify my kayfun lite and make sure the pin in the bottom sticks out past the 510 threads....I love my 4 nine,but at the same time if it shorts and starts firing they can be a bitch to get apart fast,,and when im trying to hurry you know how things go.not worth a fuck,,,,,this is all just my opinion so take it as you like,Thanks and vape safe!!!!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes dude at first I had the same prob no man its like this run was just a bit too short I have tried everything earlier I left it for a sec and it had not been firing and I touched it a minute later it burned up both my coils in my Magma hahaha and was so hot I grabbed it with pliers and another set to unscrew it luckily It was in one of my wooden stands cause I smelled it .. and thank god I had a VTC5 in there or maybe Boom?

I've got a four-9 clone. The biggest thing is to seat that button all the way down the tube and make sure it's loose, the magnet contact on the negative battery end will float with opposing magnetic force if you do it correctly. A bigger big thing is to make sure your atty has at least 1mm of positive 510 open, otherwise you will arc weld your atty to the positive side of the battery when your fire it. Mine works great, not my favorite mod, but it's short and does not fire while in my pocket.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The magma's 510 connection is about as long as they get. Try a efest 35 if you have one and problem solved.
I cant screw mine all the way down without it firing with the magma and vtc5. Purple batt, no problem.

Try another atty with a shorter 510... just about any atty. Making sure the positive pin extends past the 510 of course or you cant use it.

VU Sponsors