Become a Patron!

Anyone like only tobacco eliquid? Trying to get my mom off cigs.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to get my mom off cigs for a couple years. She'd vape and smoke an occasional cigarette and then quit vaping entirely. She did this multiple times.

She just ordered a new ecig but doesn't have any juice until her vape wild sample pack comes Friday. The only juice she ever liked was a tobacco flavor from a local gas station. $5.99 for a 10ml!

I keep trying to get her to try some of my DIY liquid but she won't!

Anyone else only like tobacco flavors and nothing else or is she being stubborn?

Any tips to try and get her to try some other flavors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use only DIY juice. All containing tobaccos.

Fact Is I have yet to find a NON tobacco vape I like.....

Best Tobacco juice supplier I know of is Naturally Extracted Tobacco. There are others but I've gone to pretty much extracting my own.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Honda! If she doesn't like any of the vape wild, I'll have her check out that supplier.

She won't even try tobacco juice that has caramel, vanilla, etc. in it.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone else only like tobacco flavors and nothing else or is she being stubborn?

Maybe a little of both? What's her objection to non-tobacco flavors?

You could just... lie and surprise her with a tank full of "other." See what happens. :devil: She's your Moms - only you know whether that's a safe idea or not.

Personally, I just don't care for bakery/sweet flavors myself. I get burned out on them really fast - something like sensory overload for that stuff. (I'm not big on sweets in general either.) One of the reasons I prefer tobacco flavors isn't because I ever expected them to replace smoking or taste like a burning anything - they just don't have the gloppy sweetness which I don't like.

Keep in mind too that one of the best things about quitting with vaping is all the options we do have. Find her what she likes, and back off on pushing her where she doesn't want to go - at least for right now. She may change her mind about trying other flavors later.

Best of luck with her staying quit this time around!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree. Right now I'm just trying to find at least one flavor she likes. The gas station no longer sells what she used to use. She hasn't given me a reason why she doesn't wanna try others, she just said no, I'll wait until my order arrives.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree. Right now I'm just trying to find at least one flavor she likes. The gas station no longer sells what she used to use. She hasn't given me a reason why she doesn't wanna try others, she just said no, I'll wait until my order arrives.

Ok, well that is just being stubborn then. :p Good luck.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, well that is just being stubborn then. :p Good luck.

Haha! I just asked her if she wanted me to make her a mint chocolate chip eliquid, because I know she likes the ice cream and she said, "I wanna start out with tobacco first." Come on woman! Lol your ecig is just gonna sit around for a week?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks RJ! So with you and Honda, it's apparent that people do only like tobacco flavors. Now to figure out if my moms one of them

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your mom is a smoker.... as a smoker she probably has smoked 1 maybe 2 brands for as long as she has been smoking....

I have been vaping for 3 years. 2 without smoking. And smoked 40 years before that.

I STILL CANT STAND MOST FOOD OR DRINK BASE VAPE FLAVORS.

Try your mom on some unflavored high PG juice... That is one if my favorite flavors.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your mom is hesitant to try DIY, I'm assuming its because she isnt interested in sweetness or candy flavors, or perhaps she is concerned about what the ingredients are? In any case, if tobacco only flavor is what she wants, there isnt any other company that compares to the high standards of blacknote e-liquid: https://www.blacknote.com/

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to get my mom off cigs for a couple years. She'd vape and smoke an occasional cigarette and then quit vaping entirely. She did this multiple times.

She just ordered a new ecig but doesn't have any juice until her vape wild sample pack comes Friday. The only juice she ever liked was a tobacco flavor from a local gas station. $5.99 for a 10ml!

I have been vaping Tobacco type flavorings since 2010. (95% of the time). I would suggest in the DIY regime to try Hangsen or Inawera tobacco absolutes. An example is Inawera Cuban cigar absolute. At 2% or less one can get a deep noted and rich tobacco taste. Don't let the cigar tag fool ya. Hangsen is a respected brand for its tobacco flavors. The Cigar, Cuban, Havana and Pipe are some really good flavors mixed at 5% for me.

P.S. I know a lot of people who liked RY6 by Hangsen for the fresh cigarette taste.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your mom is hesitant to try DIY, I'm assuming its because she isnt interested in sweetness or candy flavors, or perhaps she is concerned about what the ingredients are? In any case, if tobacco only flavor is what she wants, there isnt any other company that compares to the high standards of blacknote e-liquid: https://www.blacknote.com/
what's the deal here...it says one of the juices is made in Italy and bottleled in California.....is this stuff shipped from california? or Italy.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

My hubby still likes the Haus American Tobacco that you can get from Hess or Walgreens, some Walmarts, maybe she would try that? I used that and the Cool Ice and that tobacco isn't sweet.That little 10ml bottle would last a few weeks when I 1st started vaping over 2 years ago! Yes that stuff is almost $8.00 a bottle.
Good luck- my hubby is stubborn too, the only other flavor he likes is grape. He wants his vape to taste like a cigarette, period! I like and have so many flavors from candies to bakery and coffee, I smoked cigarettes for over 30 years and love many flavors, but in the beginning, I wanted my Menthol.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it! If she can't find something she likes then I'll get some tobacco flavors and make some for her.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it! If she can't find something she likes then I'll get some tobacco flavors and make some for her.

I vaped alot of NET juices , Hell I've even made my own NET extracts, I hate artifical tobacco flavorings, but because of the high recommendation I heard about Hangsen's tobacco flavorings I decided to give them a try, and I have to say they were pretty darn good.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what's the deal here...it says one of the juices is made in Italy and bottleled in California.....is this stuff shipped from california? or Italy.

I believe the tobacco leaves are sourced from Italy, but the rest of the process such as the cold extraction, filtering and bottling is done in Cali.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's a California based brand called Beard Vape Co., and they make a juice called Sweet Tobaccocino. It's fantastic.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to get back into the mixed tobaccos again;

70wg0h.jpg

iegnd3.jpg

On the storm is kinda interesting, base flavor is pear, cognac and tobacco, then accented with a touch of anise, honey, cocoa and cinnamon. If you are into the very complex flavor profiles and use mesh, definitely a gem.

Screwbacco is your basic ripe strawberry with a bold tobacco. Tobacco is more predominant with mesh with a more subtle strawberry note, but am told its the opposite when using it with cotton.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well chances are they buy the juice from Italy in bigger than the 30 ml bottles they sell it in..... they probably buy it by the gallon (liter)... ship it to Cali in large containers the re bottle it for individual sale from California.

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years

THIS. I just quit a 23 year 1-2 PAD habit 14 days ago, and I could only do it with Black Note. I have several other NET's and their good but nothing makes me happier than a Tank full of Forte or Adigo(which they don't make anymore, so I got 14 bottles at the 4th of July sell at 5 buck a bottle) topped off with a few drops of their Prelude or The Plume Rooms "Romaglia's Toscano Gold"(but this requires a good week or two of steeping IMO).
I am actually sad that I didn't start vaping a few years ago with this liquid. NETs are the best way to enjoy tobacco, even better than lighting it up, IMO.
My daughter brought home our Smok Stick V8's with a bottle of Innevapes TNT and it's actually quit taste, but very sweet on it's own. But a good Maple sweetness. Good luck to you and your Mom!
Flavor

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
I got my mom off of black & milds with the juul & the tobacco flavor. The nic salts in the juul imo is WAY better than the nic I use to diy with. I'd suggest mixing a tobacco flavor your mom likes with some nic salts (I got some from nicotine river) & maybe a small pod / mini mod system (like the aspire breeze). Mix at somewhere between 25-45 mg. Between the tobacco flavor, the compact size of the pod / mini mod, & the nic buzz from nicotine salts, I think mom will be smoke free and vaping happily ever after.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I only vaped Virginia tobacco flavor for the first 5 months I vaped; I had to wrap my head around the idea of "smoking food". :giggle: I recently made some testers for my son, who loved Camel cigarettes; so far, he likes the FA Desert Ship flavor the most -- here's the recipe I used:

FA Desert Ship 1%
INW DirtyNeutralBase 1%
INW Virginia Tobacco Absolute 1%
FA Bitter Wizard .5%

I may be adding a touch of Flash to that; he said he wanted it just a smidge less potent, so I'll make a 5.5mg instead of 6mg batch, with a tiny bit of Flash added. Most of what he's vaping is 3-5mg, but the tobacco testers, I made at 6mg.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping a 555 for nearly 7 years, it's a TA flavor with a hint of a nutty honey taste

I'm the same way. If I couldn't get what I get, I'd probably just smoke. I use only one flavor called Mellow Gold that I get from a place called Vapor Gypsy. It's so good. I just love it!
http://www.thevaporgypsy.com/
99100470d5e68d1525768675cb4aad8f.jpg

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I probably tried 80 juices at mad vapes and online, and when I found naturally extracted tobaccos I quit smoking and never looked back. I also vape a diy peppermint ice and like a good custard on ocassion that's about it for me for flavors :D

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. I'm still not having any luck. Her ecig just sits as she's just smoking. Maybe when I get some extra money, I'll buy one of the suggested flavors/eliquid. Maybe she'll like it so much, she won't want to smoke.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got my mom off of black & milds with the juul & the tobacco flavor. The nic salts in the juul imo is WAY better than the nic I use to diy with. I'd suggest mixing a tobacco flavor your mom likes with some nic salts (I got some from nicotine river) & maybe a small pod / mini mod system (like the aspire breeze). Mix at somewhere between 25-45 mg. Between the tobacco flavor, the compact size of the pod / mini mod, & the nic buzz from nicotine salts, I think mom will be smoke free and vaping happily ever after.

How is the nic salts from nicotine River? The high shipping cost stopped me from buying there. Does it affect flavor? I've been using nic salts from Nude Nicotine, very mild even at high nic levels, but the smooth nix salts darkens to amber quickly and When it does it affects flavor imho.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. I'm still not having any luck. Her ecig just sits as she's just smoking. Maybe when I get some extra money, I'll buy one of the suggested flavors/eliquid. Maybe she'll like it so much, she won't want to smoke.

What brand/flavor does she smoke?

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Mykreign for a long time people have been telling me Flavorless is the closest to cigarettes and I never tried it myself but recently got my GF who quit smoking before me into a Pen style MOD and she is done with Cig-A-Likes. Made some flavorless for her and she has me supplying her now with her VV Series-S from @JAC Vapour.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

And BTW, my son's enjoying the variant I made of your Red, White & Blueberry! Brand new vaper, today is his 5th day smoke-free, and he's doing GREAT! He said only the early-morning craving for a smoke was really strong, hence those higher-nic tobacco flavors. I also made him up a 70P/30V 5mg and zero flash of my own strawberry & cream. If he can't learn to vape with all the support and resources at his disposal, there's just no hope for him. :giggle:

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And BTW, my son's enjoying the variant I made of your Red, White & Blueberry! Brand new vaper, today is his 5th day smoke-free, and he's doing GREAT! He said only the early-morning craving for a smoke was really strong, hence those higher-nic tobacco flavors. I also made him up a 70P/30V 5mg and zero flash of my own strawberry & cream. If he can't learn to vape with all the support and resources at his disposal, there's just no hope for him. :giggle:

Andria

That's awesome! Congrats to him! I bet he feels a lot better. My mom even noticed she felt better but it wasn't enough to get her to stop. She smokes red 100s

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome! Congrats to him! I bet he feels a lot better. My mom even noticed she felt better but it wasn't enough to get her to stop. She smokes red 100s

Marlboro? I might be able to devise a recipe for that, with my son's help; he's smoked a lot of those, and enjoys them, but not as much as Camels.

Andria

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
How is the nic salts from nicotine River? The high shipping cost stopped me from buying there. Does it affect flavor? I've been using nic salts from Nude Nicotine, very mild even at high nic levels, but the smooth nix salts darkens to amber quickly and When it does it affects flavor imho.

The nic salt from nicotine river is great. I've been through two bottles of nic salts & haven't noticed any change in flavor. I keep my nicotine salts in a reagent bottle, that might help keep the nicotine fresh.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The nic salt from nicotine river is great. I've been through two bottles of nic salts & haven't noticed any change in flavor. I keep my nicotine salts in a reagent bottle, that might help keep the nicotine fresh.

Ok just going to have to try it then. Thanks :)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping a 555 for nearly 7 years, it's a TA flavor with a hint of a nutty honey taste
What most people refer to as (555) tastes nothing like the actual cigarette.The actual cigarette is called (State Express 555).And tasted awesome.
I've always found that 555 e-liquids taste odd.Almost like slightly rancid peanut oil.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I second the Marlboro recipe. Lurking in the DIY section a lot, off the cigs for 11 days and already tired of retail prices for juice.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I searched for years for the closest to a Marlboro Red and never really came close except for the Buck Naked American Tobacco. Then I got into DIY and make my own Tobacco blends now so the thought of WTA's or NET's has been pushed so far to the side I kind of avoid them now. Remember just my opinion and personal taste.

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Guys, I do t want to high jack a thread, and maybe this is available elsewhere on the forum but I have yet to find it but....what is the difference in the liquid nicotine( which I ordered but got in 18mg and don't know how to use it yet) and Nic salts?
If it's ok, could someone share the link to a discussion on this topic? And yes, I used the search, but not really any hits. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
Thanks!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Search for "diy nic salts" here or google nicotine salts. I would give links but I'm on my phone right now sorry. Basically nicotine salts make the nicotine smoother and less harsh therefore you can vape a higher level nic if you want. You don't have to make it you can buy it from Nude Nicotine, nicotine River, or you can buy ejuice made with nic salts

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Search for "diy nic salts" here or google nicotine salts. I would give links but I'm on my phone right now sorry. Basically nicotine salts make the nicotine smoother and less harsh therefore you can vape a higher level nic if you want. You don't have to make it you can buy it from Nude Nicotine, nicotine River, or you can buy ejuice made with nic salts
Thank you!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did tobacco then it morphed into coffee for mom now it is just plain nic and vg.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My hubby still likes the Haus American Tobacco that you can get from Hess or Walgreens, some Walmarts, maybe she would try that? I used that and the Cool Ice and that tobacco isn't sweet.That little 10ml bottle would last a few weeks when I 1st started vaping over 2 years ago! Yes that stuff is almost $8.00 a bottle.
Good luck- my hubby is stubborn too, the only other flavor he likes is grape. He wants his vape to taste like a cigarette, period! I like and have so many flavors from candies to bakery and coffee, I smoked cigarettes for over 30 years and love many flavors, but in the beginning, I wanted my Menthol.
Hey if he likes grape he should try chubby bubble Vapes. The juice is chubby purp. Vaping it right now actually.Big league chew is the flavor

VU Sponsors