Become a Patron!

Anyone tried the Taifun GT. 2 Yet?

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi friends. I was wondering if any of you have tried the Taifun GT 2 yet? If yes, what did you think of it? I read it now has both air flow control and juice flow control now. I have had the original GT for a long time and it was wonderful until the plastic tank cracked. I read they upgraded to a pyrex tank in the v2. I was thinking of getting the v2 and wanted to get your opinions on the unit first. Thanks . All replies are welcome.
Best wishes.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curious as well - the taifun was one of my favorite attys until I lost the chimney top .. I haven't seen too much hype on the GT2 which I was surprised about since despite the old one not having airflow control - it was super easy to build and put out amazing flavor..

I will be picking one up eventually after people can give me the best type of clone to get

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Havent tried one as of yet but all the rumors are true on the glass tank..air flow controller and juice control.

The juice control is really just a thicker o ring around the chimney base so you can enlarge or make smaller the wicking slots by screwing the chimney top up or down...close it down for less wick and open it up for more wick.

The v2 gets a larger breather tube down the center of the base as well so combined with the 10 holes measuring what comes equvilent to a 10mm hole. (1mm per hole x2 sides x5 holes per side) is supposedly a much improved air draw

The rest of the tank other than a different tank cover is all the same.

Ill have GT v2 after fasttect is done with there holidays.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pretty much wore my Taifun GT's out. That tank never seems to get much love. I guess because of the limited airflow. So easy to build and fill, flavor for days. Been watching the Taifuns V2 on Fasttech, they have quite a few different versions of that tank now. Like to see a post here from a Taifun gt lover on the new model/

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I pretty much wore my Taifun GT's out. That tank never seems to get much love. I guess because of the limited airflow. So easy to build and fill, flavor for days. Been watching the Taifuns V2 on Fasttech, they have quite a few different versions of that tank now. Like to see a post here from a Taifun gt lover on the new model/

Most certain ill do a review with the one im getting...the 2 popular ones on ft are the lower cost tanks actually..one is $14 something with a pc tank and the one for $15 and change with glass.

you can improve air flow in the version 1 GT easily and i think the v2 afc fits the v1 as well...still a smaller air tube going down the base however in the v1 but easily fixed.

VU Sponsors