Become a Patron!

APV for potential cloud chaser

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all,

A buddy of mine is starting to get interested in getting more flavor and blowing clouds like mine (which are decent at best!).

He's resistant to rebuild, but wants to run his Nautilus on a new device that has potential for future cloud chasing.

My suggestion would be a Cana mod with an Aspire Atlantis.

Any other suggestions? Maybe something with more power in case he decides to get into RDA's later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recommend 35-40 watts for the Atlantis. That will be enough to start dripping as my first drip setups were on a Hana DNA30. With that said, if he plans to sub ohm you will want at least 50 watts. I recommend the Sigelei 100W to people since it is now around $80. I see in the next year people building past 100 watts, but that should at least last your friend for a long while.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I ran an Atlantis a few days ago on a Variant set at 80w with no issues. Cloud chasing is more about technique than wattage. You can blow some pretty honourable clouds on an Atlantis (I own one)...but it's not comp kit.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would vote for the Sigelei as well.

Lots of power with 2 X 18650 batteries to support it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a Sig 100 myself and I love it!
I'd tell him to get one, but he doesn't want to have to buy an external charger. Maybe I'll recommend an iPV V2S. Should be fine for his needs for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ran an Atlantis a few days ago on a Variant set at 80w with no issues. Cloud chasing is more about technique than wattage. You can blow some pretty honourable clouds on an Atlantis (I own one)...but it's not comp kit.
Gunny you should mention that; i got an atlantis today running the included .5 coil and it burned at 45watts. It recovered well but that hit of death was enought to send me back to 30watts.
Other than that its been nice. Hits like a dripper, flavor like a dripper and it chews throught liquid like a dripper too.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have found that you need to prime the wick from the top until there is a wee sign of light saturation at the four holes. Then after filling the tank and assembling....to some un fired "squonk" hits with the airflow set to as small as possible. Then open her up and vape like YOU MEAN IT!! This is especially the case when using juice that is upwards of 70% VG.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found that you need to prime the wick from the top until there is a wee sign of light saturation at the four holes. Then after filling the tank and assembling....to some un fired "squonk" hits with the airflow set to as small as possible. Then open her up and vape like YOU MEAN IT!! This is especially the case when using juice that is upwards of 70% VG.
I went through the 'speed prime' method, it was definately good to go. Im using a 50/50 liquid(delight,from classified) this thing has capacity like a dripper as well

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I went through the 'speed prime' method, it was definately good to go. Im using a 50/50 liquid(delight,from classified) this thing has capacity like a dripper as well
I immediately put it to task with 100% VG on a dual 18650 box with .04v drop.......it got to business with no trouble whatsoever.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I started mine with a 50/50 and just refilled it with 80/20. I find it needs more wattage for thicker juices, not sure why. But that is from my very large sample size of 2.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It works just fine on my dual battery boxes...but really sings on a regulated!

VU Sponsors