Become a Patron!

Arctic coil rebuild

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't see an arctic rebuild thread so I thought I'd share.

Have been digging the arctic but I love cellucotton and find myself going for the orchid or drippers that are wicked with cellucotton when I get home. Thought I'd try build a coil with both J cotton and one with cellucotton. 1st try is wrapped on a 4mm dowel, 26g nichrome 8 wraps came in at 0.55.
The cellucotton build was maybe too much flavor if there is such a thing, will have to puff on both for a while tonight to compare.

I think I need to find a Atlantis rebuild video to see how they are wrapping dual coils, this is just like an old kanger coil and easy to do single coil. If anyone has any tips or pointers on a dual coil, post up.
Edit: Just did another dual coil by running two strands side by side and it is working ok but not as well as single coil. Duals in stock configuration will need insulating sleeves so thats for another day.

My brother in-law picked up a M80 TC mod but only has the arctic so I built them with nichrome so I could pop one in the mail for him... and I've been on a nichrome kick even though I don't have a TC mod yet. My new fangle vw mod is futuristic enough for this old school mech guy but a yihi 350j is in my near future :D

20150512_172216.jpg

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet!, got any tips on how to get the cotton in there so nicey nice....I'd like to try a Ni200 build with one of my dead ones

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check this video out. This is where I figured out the cotton wrap.
You might want to FF to the cotton section, it's a basic kanger style build but vertical.

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure this thread has been buried for a bit, but I figured its worth a shot to ask. I've been trying to rebuild my artic btdc coils and I watched this video and Ralfys video as well. I'm building a single coil build and I'm getting a constant short. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I know it's hard to say without pictures, but if you could take a guess maybe it will help me out. I have no idea what I could possibly be doing wrong since there are no touching pieces.

VU Sponsors