Become a Patron!

Arctic v8 and Uwell Crown

I am looking at both of these tanks and have a few questions. First, regarding the Arctic v8. Will any Arctic coil fit this tank or is it just the octuplet coils? Second, Which of these tanks will blow the biggest clouds? Third, do either of these tanks have problems wicking high vg juices. Lastly, which of these tanks is the better choice for temp control?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have both crown and v8 so I figured I'd weigh in here.

On the Arctic question, the V8 is only compatible with coils designed for the V8, previous version arctic coils will not work. That being said there is a slew of coils available ranging from the V1/V2's to the V4's V8's, and the new tiger, hive, and snake coils. All of these coils will work with the V8 and V8 mini tank.
It is a fantastic tank with great flavor, good build quality overall very easy to use, clean etc. I did have some paint chipping with my black one on the inside lower section where it meets the glass, but nothing alarming. No issues with my stainless or gold one full size and no issues at all with black or stainless mini. I have not had any wicking issues whatsoever across all ranges of liquids. Coil life has been great, lasting 3-4 weeks, followed by another 1-2 after boiling.

I like my crowns (have many of them), the coils can be hit or miss and take a good bit to break in properly, however after taking the time to do they reward you with great flavor and nice clouds. Have had some issues with dry hits with a few of my crown coils when pushing higher wattages, but no issues keeping the .25's around 65-75 watts. Many on here take their's much higher with no issues.

On TC question, both will work well however you will have more options with the crown as the only ss / nickel coils for the arctic are the v1/2 as opposed to the crown with the .15ni, and .25/.5ss. Although I am not sure if the arctic v8 claptons can be used in tc? Someone wiser on here I'm sure can answer that.

Cloud wise, I would have to give the edge to the V8, with either the V4 or V8 coils my room is constantly clouded and at risk of setting of every fire alarm. The crown does put out incredible vapor, just not as thick and dense in my opinion...now my new rafale...that's another story!arctiv-v8-coils.jpg

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both tanks as well. And from my own personal experiences I would choose the V8 over a Crown any day.
Anything you need to know about these two tanks, @BPROSEK has thoroughly touched base on. Except for the RTC as they call it. Its a rebuildable coil that transforms the V8 into a very very tight MTL draw even with the AFC wide open. It's not for me, but to each their own.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the crown when I get a good coil but I'm one of those jerks who has had nothing but bad luck with them. I keep one around for ni200 vaping which the crown coils so very well.

VU Sponsors