Become a Patron!

Are these ok?

stephenjw2490

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard numerous reviews about these batteries, good and bad. From what you all know, are these safe?

fe4e88ecf94262224272f3840cf45c88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

stephenjw2490

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Imren 3.7v 2600mah

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a pair, but they are not 38 amp as claimed. They are fine in regulated mods.

stephenjw2490

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a pair, but they are not 38 amp as claimed. They are fine in regulated mods.
Ok cool. I've been using them in a regulated mod. I'll look for better and longer lasting batteries. These die pretty quick

stephenjw2490

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the most part I'll vape around 40-45. I've been wanting to go higher but with the battery life, I'll be changing it in about and hour...or less

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I usually stick with Sony's inky because all my Lgs and Samsung's like to loose their wrappers but imho the 25r, he2/4 and vtc 4/5 are kind of top tier cells at the moment.
@Zamazam are the new green wrappers better than the blue ones?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually stick with Sony's inky because all my Lgs and Samsung's like to loose their wrappers but imho the 25r, he2/4 and vtc 4/5 are kind of top tier cells at the moment.
Look at the HG2's...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The new green wrapper Sammys are supposed to be a slight different chemistry to improve the number of life cycles..otherwise the same battery spec wise.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both are good, the MXJO's especially in high watt mods.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're definitely not 38A or 2600mAh but they should be fine up to 60W or so.
What wattage do you vape at? Up to 60W-65W the 3000mAh LG HG2 is tough to beat,

Mooch, start posting your test results here like you do on reddit. It's a big help to the community.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
Mooch, start posting your test results here like you do on reddit. It's a big help to the community.

Be happy to, didn't want to post them until I had a chance to become a better member of the community. :)
Best done here or Written Reviews?

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The new green wrapper Sammys are supposed to be a slight different chemistry to improve the number of life cycles..otherwise the same battery spec wise.
I just picked up a set of Samsung 20Rs that came in the green wrappers. They have a label on them that says they are 3000Mah.

I don't know if they are 3000Mah or not, but I've been using them for 19 hours now, but only at 12.5 watts, in a Sigelei 150 TC and I've still got 74% left in them. They appear to be authentic Sammys to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just picked up a set of Samsung 20Rs that came in the green wrappers. They have a label on them that says they are 3000Mah.

I don't know if they are 3000Mah or not, but I've been using them for 19 hours now, but only at 12.5 watts, in a Sigelei 150 TC and I've still got 74% left in them. They appear to be authentic Sammys to me.

The 20R sammys are 2000 mah...Samsung has 30Q that is 3000mah but 15 amps... not 20 like the LG HG2's.

Yea, at 12 watts you should get wonderful battery life...you can use a much lower amp cell with alot more MAH capacity also if you wanted at 12 watts...What tank and ohms you using?

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On it I was using a Subtank Mini with .50 coils. After I got the green 20Rs I did some searching online and actually did find some sites with 3000Mah 20Rs listed. They're supposed to be 22 amps the specs on those 3000s I found said. Maybe they're new. The 30Qs were purple wrapped I believe. The ones I have certainly look like authentic Sammys, and they definitely say 3000Mah 20R on them. Maybe they are, maybe they're not.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On it I was using a Subtank Mini with .50 coils. After I got the green 20Rs I did some searching online and actually did find some sites with 3000Mah 20Rs listed. They're supposed to be 22 amps the specs on those 3000s I found said. Maybe they're new. The 30Qs were purple wrapped I believe. The ones I have certainly look like authentic Sammys, and they definitely say 3000Mah 20R on them. Maybe they are, maybe they're not.

Havent heard of those if they are..Would be nice though if it turns out to be...Something to possibly compare to the LG HG2's.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just did a search and the only place i saw advertising a 20R as 3000mah was alibaba..not sure i would believe in that listing...If more start showing up as 3000mah in reputable listings then perhaps its real.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I saw that site too and it looks like the same batteries I got. It says they're a brand new battery but who knows if they're really 3000s. They cost me 8.50 for a pair with free shipping so if they don't last I'm not out much but they're performing well so far. LOL

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can you take a pic of them showing the writting on the wrappers?..not saying you dont have them just would be interesting to see them.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been vaping a lot on them for 21 hours now at 12.5 watts and still have 73% left so that'll work

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I'll try to do that for you later. They're in the Sig with the skin tight silicone case on it now, but next time I have them out I'll take a pic. They look exactly like those on that site though but they have a paper label stuck on them too that says 18650 3.7V 3000Mah. I was surprised to see that when I opened them.

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
You can just make out the "30Q" at the end of the number on that pink/purple cell at alibaba. I'm pretty sure they're Samsung 30Q 3000mAh cells....if genuine. Here's a picture of a genuine 30Q...

image.jpg

Are the cells people are using that pink/purple color?

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be happy to, didn't want to post them until I had a chance to become a better member of the community. :)
Best done here or Written Reviews?
You can post them here in battey junkies, that's fine, create a thread and keep them all in the one thread so it is easy for the members to find:)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would be good to see some actual discharge curves rather than just opinion, so I'd love to see them posted here. Saves me having to go to ECF.....

Would also be good to see the retail price of branded cells and compare to an OEM. I tend to find people can react badly when you question their safety, and some can be brand loyal and protective of the specific brand they buy. This is why I tend to talk about the money that can be saved using OEM cells. More money left for juice AND you know exactly what you're buying. Put that across and more people may think about what they buy.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can just make out the "30Q" at the end of the number on that pink/purple cell at alibaba. I'm pretty sure they're Samsung 30Q 3000mAh cells....if genuine. Here's a picture of a genuine 30Q...

View attachment 29147

Are the cells people are using that pink/purple color?
@Mooch, those purple 30Qs are not the ones I got. Mine are green and say 20R on them. On the second line, instead of SDI, mine say SDIEM. And they have a label stuck on them stating they are 3000mAH.

I don't know for sure what they are, but they're working really well so that's what matters to me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As long as they work good..at 12 watts even a 2000mah battery would last a good bit of time.

I doubt they are 3000 mah though if they are 20 R batteries....Makes no sense for samsung to keep the same model number but completely change the battery...Maybe if it said 30R but i can find nothing of a "new" 20r being 3000mah...If this was the case everyone would have these new cells..I think they were mis advertised or a scam.

My bet is, if you actually went with the 30Q cells youll find them to last even longer than the ones you have now.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Mooch, those purple 30Qs are not the ones I got. Mine are green and say 20R on them. On the second line, instead of SDI, mine say SDIEM. And they have a label stuck on them stating they are 3000mAH.

I don't know for sure what they are, but they're working really well so that's what matters to me.

If they're marked 20R and are genuine then they're definitely 2000mAh, 22A cells. They're a bloody cracking battery!

Samsung naming convention uses the first two digits of the capacity, followed by a letter to designate their category. "R" must be their high drain "balls to the wall" designation. "Q" seems to be their mid drain higher capacity range.

Just have a quick look at the top positive on your 20R cells. If the positive has three points of contact where it's joined to the cell I'd be more certain it's authentic. I am on mobile so apologies if your original photo shows the top cap, this forum seems to have formatting issues on Android using Chrome. It's highly unlikely anyone would want to fake the 20 R, in vaping terms it's yesterday's news. Like I say though, they're bloody good!

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Very frequently especially if whoever you bought them from got them from china some of the shadier companies just stick any label on there to get it through customs. Look under the label - if it says 20R they're 2000mAh. Since you say they're green that's probably what they are.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm curious as to what doe @Mooch say is the best battery to use? I cant see the ecf threads,

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
Would be good to see some actual discharge curves rather than just opinion, so I'd love to see them posted here. Saves me having to go to ECF.....

Would also be good to see the retail price of branded cells and compare to an OEM. I tend to find people can react badly when you question their safety, and some can be brand loyal and protective of the specific brand they buy. This is why I tend to talk about the money that can be saved using OEM cells. More money left for juice AND you know exactly what you're buying. Put that across and more people may think about what they buy.

I agree. Just wish I had more time. Already have a pretty big backlog of cells to test, articles to write, etc. Darn good idea though!

Mooch

Member For 4 Years

Ack...my bad. Thanks for the explanation!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm curious as to what doe @Mooch say is the best battery to use? I cant see the ecf threads,

According to the chart from him, it shows the LG HB6 is the granddaddy of all power..Mah rating is low but, amps wise beat ALL of the high amp cells.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mooch has some great tests. I'm also redoubling our efforts to run lots of tests. We actually just completed a bunch of testing today to answer a question asked in another thread.

Mooch

Member For 4 Years

For me personally, there's no best battery. But the ones I like are...

Up to 20A = HG2
Up to 30A = VTC4 or HD2
Up to 40A = HB6

There are some other frakkin' good batteries out there though...25R, VTC5, 30Q. Not a single rewrap on my list though. :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Up to 20A = HG2
Up to 30A = VTC4 or HD2
Up to 40A = HB6

There are some other frakkin' good batteries out there though...25R, VTC5, 30Q. Not a single rewrap on my list though. :)
Thanks dude, not a fan of rewraps.. I have trust issues

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Up to 20A = HG2
Up to 30A = VTC4 or HD2
Up to 40A = HB6

Your list pretty much matches mine. I'm transitioning to HD2 and 25R mainly but have 8 HB6 on the way too, they're low capacity but great cells in my opinion, like them more than even the VTC3.

Quick question... Do the HB6 behave nice at just above 30A and the HD2 likewise at 30A? I'll have to dig through and find your tests on them. My HD2 have been good to me, not far off lasting the same as a 2500mAh. Difference is noticeable but at low sub ohms (not major low) on a mech, the high load seems to rob capacity from 25R and HE seriesseries, which closes the gap maybe?

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
The HD2 is darn hot at those discharge levels. The HB6 is a fantastic battery but its low capacity means that its voltage drops off quickly. The HD2 and VTC4 were a lot better in 30A pulse tests (4 s on/30s off).

The HB6 is the only battery I recommend for over 30A. In my opinion, it's the only one that won't get dangerously hot in case there is a problem with your mod (autofiring, broken/stuck button, button accidentally pressed in pocket, etc).

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think my greens are authentic Sammys but still some doubt that they're 3000s though. I did compare the + end when I first opened them to see if they have the Samsung configuration and they do, and they definitely say 20R so they probably are 2000s. Doesn't really matter to me. I have lots of paired batteries... Sonys, LGs, Sammys and even a few Efests and AWs ( OMG, No ) and I usually swap them out at about 50% anyway. Next time I run these greenies I'll run an RTA or RDA on them at 45-50 watts and see how they hold up. No matter what they are, for the $8.57 I have invested in the pair of them, I don't think I got screwed on them. LOL

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think my greens are authentic Sammys but still some doubt that they're 3000s though. I did compare the + end when I first opened them to see if they have the Samsung configuration and they do, and they definitely say 20R so they probably are 2000s. Doesn't really matter to me. I have lots of paired batteries... Sonys, LGs, Sammys and even a few Efests and AWs ( OMG, No ) and I usually swap them out at about 50% anyway. Next time I run these greenies I'll run an RTA or RDA on them at 45-50 watts and see how they hold up. No matter what they are, for the $8.57 I have invested in the pair of them, I don't think I got screwed on them. LOL

Definitely a great price for 2 batteries...We just got into this discussion based on you saying the 20r's were advertised as being 3000mah which we didnt feel was accurate...i get about a half a day with sammy 2500mah 25R's at 30 watts but mostly a constant use of the mod...maybe a 5 to 6 minute break between taking 6 to 7 pulls from it with say 5 to 6 second pulls.

My VTC4's at 2100mah last just shy of the sammys..by maybe an hour or so.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If they say INR18650-20R on them then they are for sure 2000mAh, no question about it. As I mentioned many companies are careless with those labels they put over the top so that explains the 3000mAh it says on there. The 20R is a really great battery but its talents are being wasted a little on a low power application.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, they probably are 2000s. When I first opened them and saw that label, I thought No, way. Then I compared the top to see if they even looked to be Sammys, especially since I expected blue wrapping but got green. Then I found some online that advertise them as a new 20R in green that are 3000s, so I thought well maybe they are. Probably someone screwed up when they made the labels and put 3000 on them instead of 2000.

I got some new LG HE4s too that I haven't used yet, but I expect them to be decent. I've been running some HE2s for awhile now.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, they probably are 2000s. When I first opened them and saw that label, I thought No, way. Then I compared the top to see if they even looked to be Sammys, especially since I expected blue wrapping but got green. Then I found some online that advertise them as a new 20R in green that are 3000s, so I thought well maybe they are. Probably someone screwed up when they made the labels and put 3000 on them instead of 2000.

I got some new LG HE4s too that I haven't used yet, but I expect them to be decent. I've been running some HE2s for awhile now.

If youre only vaping at 12 watts you have a few better choices for vape time, thats for sure...lol

I dont even think youre drawing 10 amps, in which you could probably find a battery over 3000mah to use and last you like 3 days..lol

VU Sponsors