Become a Patron!

Are you happy with the work you do?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Be it self employed or employee.

Are you happy/satisfied with what you do?

For me, I am. I am an employee AND a entrepreneur. By day, I work for myself, doing work that I like doing. Working for people I enjoy working for. Making more money in a few hours, then many do in a week.

By evening, I work for someone else. Get paid well enough for what I do, and mostly enjoy the work. I just don't like working with a management team that can't find their ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Though I would rather be self employed full time, my work is seasonal. So in winter, there is no gravy money rolling in.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I very much enjoy my profession! But I'd have to add, I didn't when I first started.

After paying my dues in public school hell after 8 years of dealing with disrespectful children and their idiot parents who believed their child did no wrong and should be making straight A's, I've loved every day of what I do.

I am now happily teaching at a university and loving every minute of it. I have the freedom to be as creative in the classroom as I want to be, whereas in the public schools I was restricted by guidelines written by people that had never taught in a classroom and expected miracles.

I wrote my dissertation on using popular music lyrics in the language arts classroom. The university I'm at now is pretty progressive and allowed me to design my own class based on my dissertation and every semester the class fills up quickly. I'm the only teacher there using songs by groups like Metallica, Iron Maiden and The Alan Parsons Project. After the first semester, my classroom was moved to the far end of the building because I received complaints from other faculty members about the loud music!

So yeah, I like what I do!

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm an avid guitar player,,wher do i sign up?..

VU Sponsors