Become a Patron!

Arrrrrg! The Dreaded "Vaper's Tongue"

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Vaped a lower-vapor-volume 70/30 juice, using my GS-Tank with a 1.5Ω coil, all last evening. Noticed my mouth kind of dried out by the end of the evening. I've noticed that, with 70/30 juices, before. I'm beginning to think me and PG don't get along well. Now, this morning, neither that, the different 70/30 juice in my Mini Protank 3 nor the max VG in my Super Tank Mini taste like much of anything.

Bah! :(

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It'll pass. You just stunned your tastebuds. Vape menthol or anise flavored eliquid for a few days.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh, I know it'll pass. It's just a bit annoying, is all. My taste buds aren't totally down for the count. The max VG blueberry in my TSTM is astonishingly flavourful, and I can still just taste the edges of it.

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me lots of water, and vaping no flavor for a day or 2 fixes it everytime.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
STAYING hydrated is key. I get it pretty bad if I'm sampling a lot of test flavors. Hydration and time are the things that have worked for me. I've tried every trick in the book. None of them worked.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Huckleberried: I think you nailed one of the mistakes I made, last night. Usually I drink a lot of water. Last night: No so much, IIRC.

I know whisky will clear my palate, but it's a bit early in the day for that :confused:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for hydration. Also when that happens to me, I switch to a flavor profile that is the polar opposite of what I have been vaping. For example going from fruity to a cinnamon or a mint / menthol, etc. Best of luck.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Huckleberried: I think you nailed one of the mistakes I made, last night. Usually I drink a lot of water. Last night: No so much, IIRC.

I know whisky will clear my palate, but it's a bit early in the day for that :confused:
tumblr_nlkvixJShe1ta3cc1o1_400_zpsv1mzuk5b.gif

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I get vape tongue, i brush my teeth (tongue especially) and smell some ground coffee.
Usually works well for me.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In order to avoid vapor's tongue, I switch between 4-6 juices during the day.

VU Sponsors