Become a Patron!

Artic nickel coil

I have an Artic nickel coil .2ohm on a snow wolf. The temperature is set at 450 degrees F. When I first hit the tank it shows a .26 ohm (set at between 60-70w) and after I'm done pulling it shows .58 ohm. Any idea why the ohms are increasing after I hit it?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have an Artic nickel coil .2ohm on a snow wolf. The temperature is set at 450 degrees F. When I first hit the tank it shows a .26 ohm (set at between 60-70w) and after I'm done pulling it shows .58 ohm. Any idea why the ohms are increasing after I hit it?
I'm not familiar with the Snow wolf in person, but from your description, it sounds as if itshows live resistance readings even in TC mode. Nickel wire increases in resistance as it heats up, that is in fact how TC mods function.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm about to pick up an Arctic Tank, and plan on getting some Nickel coils. How are they working out?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ditto. I just got the arctic and love it but would like to use the TC function on my DNA40
Yeah, I'm gonna have to order a pack. I dig the tank, though, I'm getting some spit back. No leaking. I'm using .2 BTDC's. It seems to taste a bit off, but after a couple tanks, it's better, and I'm not used to cotton. I chain vaped an entire tank in about 15 minutes, and got all sweaty from the nic. The thing is unreal, really drinks juice, though.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm gonna have to order a pack. I dig the tank, though, I'm getting some spit back. No leaking. I'm using .2 BTDC's. It seems to taste a bit off, but after a couple tanks, it's better, and I'm not used to cotton. I chain vaped an entire tank in about 15 minutes, and got all sweaty from the nic. The thing is unreal, really drinks juice, though.

LOL I totally feel you about getting sweaty after chain vaping on this tank. I started off with the .5 dual coil and the flavor was amazing. Then switched to the .2 and the flavor tastes different, more muted and slightly burnt. Not a fan of the .2 coil.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nickel increases in resistance as it heats up, the relationship is mathematically linear, that's why nickel is used in temperature limiting devices. Does the snow wolf have a way to lock in the Resistance when the coil is cold?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nickel increases in resistance as it heats up, the relationship is mathematically linear, that's why nickel is used in temperature limiting devices. Does the snow wolf have a way to lock in the Resistance when the coil is cold?
I actually was at the vape shop today for some juice and an Arctic coil, and was concerned about my iPV4 resistance reading wrong. We put my atty on the owners Snow Wolf. It's pretty cool, connect an atty, press + after it asks if it's new, and it reads resistance and goes automatically to power or TC mode. I didn't use it, but I'm pretty sure that's what he did. It's a nice device. It shows live resistance, so that's why the OP is seeing the resistance fluctuate when hot.

My iPV4 is dead on right on the nose accurate, too. Thankfully it's my $10 Eleaf ohm reader that's about .05 off. Much cheaper to replace.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the arctic
Love the .5 turbine coils!
I have not yet used the.nickle coils
But am looking forward to trying it on the evicVT

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are you guys finding Nickel coils for the Arctic? And are they giving you better coil life than the Kanthal/occ?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where are you guys finding Nickel coils for the Arctic? And are they giving you better coil life than the Kanthal/occ?
I'm yet to try one. Haven't really looked since I got three Smok TCT's. I prefer them all around. I'll pick some up when I order somewhere that has them, at some point, still. I haven't seen them anywhere, though.

Im getting some crazy spit back using 0.2 Ohm Nickel Coils from Arctic using the Arctic tank on the Coolfire IV TC. Its really ticking me off. I put the first one in from the pack and got spit back, like really bad, the juice was coming out the airflow holes and going everywhere. I then put another coil in and the same thing is happening, anyone know a fix or know why? Perhaps I got a dud pack but that seems pretty unlikely.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coil may just be over saturated from your priming drips and needs to be vaped for a little while.
There is a little air room left in the tank right? Not filled as much as possible and actually pressing juice out as you screw the base on?

You are in nickel temp control mode right?
What watts or Jules are you set at? I would think at least 50w/j for a 0.25 coil. If they are too low it can't get hot enough and for lack of a better description boils the juice instead of vaporizing it. Same with temp being to low but it's usually watts/joules that are too low.

The coil may just be over saturated from your priming drips and needs to be vaped for a little while.
There is a little air room left in the tank right? Not filled as much as possible and actually pressing juice out as you screw the base on?

You are in nickel temp control mode right?
What watts or Jules are you set at? I would think at least 50w/j for a 0.25 coil. If they are too low it can't get hot enough and for lack of a better description boils the juice instead of vaporizing it. Same with temp being to low but it's usually watts/joules that are too low.

Its set at around 250 Celsius is what I was trying it at but the ramp up wattage is only at 40w and yes its on nickel. Illl try increasing the wattage ramp up but I am not entirely sure that will work. Thanks for the info tho, I'll go give it a try.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that didn't get it, post up, maybe another VU member has something else to try.
Try higher wattage, lower temp. Higher wattage & higher temp... play around with the settings. Pretty sure lower wattage won't help.

VU Sponsors