lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i would agree with Grimmegreen and Suckmymod. the cleito is the next generation carto tank. it has great flavor and air flow i love it using the .4 coil.

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i would agree with Grimmegreen and Suckmymod. the cleito is the next generation carto tank. it has great flavor and air flow i love it using the .4 coil.

To each their own. I personally think it's a step back for aspire. I love the simplicity but the flavor on the thing is horrible in my opinion.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To each their own. I personally think it's a step back for aspire. I love the simplicity but the flavor on the thing is horrible in my opinion.
carto tank would be a step back but when compared to a carto tank it is an improvement in my book. i tend to run low wattage atm using 30/70 juice

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree that a step back would be a carto. I just don't think it can even be compared to a carto since it's advertised and is a sub ohm tank. That's the category that it falls under and I've just had much better. I have to run max wattage per coil to get even a hint of flavor. I appreciate the feedback though and thank you for watching!

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree that a step back would be a carto. I just don't think it can even be compared to a carto since it's advertised and is a sub ohm tank. That's the category that it falls under and I've just had much better. I have to run max wattage per coil to get even a hint of flavor. I appreciate the feedback though and thank you for watching!
maybe for you it is the juice. a subohm tank is simply a tank with a coil under 1.0 ohms in my book at least. i have come across juices that don't vape well in tanks by rock in RDA and vc versa.

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with you about the sub ohm part. The problem I had is I was comparing the same juices in the Herakles Plus, Griffin, Aromamizer, Crown and Cleito. The Cleito wasn't close for me but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you like it and you got it for a good price then that's all that matters in the end.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with you about the sub ohm part. The problem I had is I was comparing the same juices in the Herakles Plus, Griffin, Aromamizer, Crown and Cleito. The Cleito wasn't close for me but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you like it and you got it for a good price then that's all that matters in the end.
indeed and sorry you didnt like it. pif it to somebody that needs it :D

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently awaiting mine, won it in a contest so even if it's not great it's all good. Hoping I like it though. Any recommendations for with use/set up?

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried the .2 yet but I have to run the .4 at 55-60 watts in order to get a decent vape. If keep one of those "Cleito cuffs" I though because if not it does tend to get a bit warm at the top. Hope that helps!

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always like trying out new things in the industry. Also, I like having more to review for the general consumer that may not. You are correct though, the Griffin is a beast!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Always like trying out new things in the industry. Also, I like having more to review for the general consumer that may not. You are correct though, the Griffin is a beast!
Same here, I buy everything hoping it will live up to its features, the Griffin is yhe only one to actually live up, if the VCMT would get its juice controller fixed then it would also, I havent tried the 30mm Alpha Ohmega but it looks nice, same with the Diablo RTA/ADVKen Ohmega (I have some hesitations about them though).

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been interested in the vcmt myself. Thinking about pulling the trigger but I'm in the same boat as you. The juice control thing is a little wonky.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been interested in the vcmt myself. Thinking about pulling the trigger but I'm in the same boat as you. The juice control thing is a little wonky.
Well Ive already bought the 25mm, the JC is the only thing holding it back (Delrin Tip could use Knurling also), the reason the JC sucks is it can swivel when tightening any part of the tank, it can be modded to not move but it shouldnt need to be played with for a working experience in my opinion...I like how the chamber can be used without any other top peice and be a RDA or you can take out the chamber and use the rest of the tank as a glass RDA...its pretty cool.

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In your opinion vs the griffin...who wins? I've heard different opinions on this. Some say flavor is better on either or and most are saying better overall vapor production with the vcmt.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In your opinion vs the griffin...who wins? I've heard different opinions on this. Some say flavor is better on either or and most are saying better overall vapor production with the vcmt.
I like the Griffin TBH, less hassle, easier to wick without leaking, the build deck is very similar and the Griffin still is in the 22mm size. The Capacity of the VCMT is nice but overall the Griffin I would keep if I had a choice....
If the VCMT fixes that JC or uses the same design as the Griffin then I would tip my hat the opposing way...I hope they release a 25mm Griffin, then there wouldnt be a competition.
The only deciding facotr on flavor/vapor is the build for these RTAs, it has a large deck and chamber and needs coils that fill more of the space up for better results.
Here is a comparison (Left to Right) of the Crius V3, Aromamizer, Velocity RDA and the Griffin, you can see the Griffin has more build room then the RDA it borrows from.
Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg

Aromamizer's and Crius's Biggest Fitting Build vs Griffin:
Griffin Comparison   .jpgGriffin Comparison  .jpg

This is the build in my Griffin and the same build (one more rap each coil) on the Twisted Messes RDA. Its 2 x 22K/46N60 Fused Claptons 5 Wrap with 3mm ID (.12 Ohms @ 120w) and the Flavor and vapor is insanely good.
Griffin Build.jpg 22K 46N60 .jpg

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got the aromamizer as well and now it just sits on a shelf.

Thanks for providing pictures with build space. I assume a lot of the rta makers will be using the Griffin style deck.

There's just so many more options with a deck that big. I'm going to wait and see if anything new comes out with the vcmt before I buy another rta. Well, at least until next week when the next biggest and baddest comes out lol.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the .2 yet but I have to run the .4 at 55-60 watts in order to get a decent vape. If keep one of those "Cleito cuffs" I though because if not it does tend to get a bit warm at the top. Hope that helps!
It arrived Thursday been using the .4ohm coil and one of the top bands . Loving it so far though can't wait to try the .25 coil. Wondering how long the coils last? At first wasn't impressed with the flavor but once the coil broke in it's been delicious :) running 75/25 vg/pg juice and still great flavor.

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you're enjoying it! I saw Rip Trippers review and he said the coils last him a week if that's any indication.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm ok well I wonder how hard they'd be to rebuild? I started watching the RT video on it Thursday but got interrupted, gonna watch it again later. Hoping they make a rebuildable head, saw on the aspire site their making a rta version

thehonestohm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw the same. That will be interesting considering the size of the coil and everything. I'm anxious to see how it is.

VU Sponsors