Become a Patron!

Aspire Cleito

ayd

Member For 3 Years
Hi I'm having issues getting my Aspire Cleito setup right. It seems to be that no matter what I do the taste isn't there and the vapor burns my throat. Tried multiple coils, priming, letting the juice sit for 30min. Same result. Tried multiple other friends Cleitos without this same issue. Any idea what it could be?

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is the VG/PG ratio of your juice? What wattage are you firing it at and with which ohm coil?

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard fantastic things about the clieto so I bought one but I too am not getting flavor like I've read. Using the .4 Clapton 70vg/30 pg. At this point gonna grab another coil to give it another shot but thus far I'm disappointed.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you running at?
How much nicotine?
Original Cleito or the 120?

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
28-30 watts anything over that the juice tastes burnt and it's the the og clieto

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the .2 coils at 65 watts but I have noticed that really sweet juices can burn easily in the Cleito's. The sugar cakes up on the coil and starts burning much quicker than on other tanks.

Are you using a really sweet juice?

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's Sweet but not super sweet I had a similar problem with the tfv4 micro I think it's because the coil is so close to the drip tip

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't used the tfv4, but I use the tfv8 daily. I haven't had any issues really with either the tfv8 or Cleito unless I use a super sweet juice. I have an Atlantis V2 for my super sweet juices.

It's frustrating that the industry is so hit or miss as far as QC. I have 3 Cleito's and 5 tfv8's and have had no issues with any of them but I read about others having issues a lot. I guess I've gotten lucky so far.

My 2/3 won't charge past 85% via USB regardless of what batteries I put in it and I can't find anyone else that has experienced that or get an answer from Wismec whether that's normal. I would love to know if it's a flaw in mine and I need to have it replaced or if that's normal. I also use an external charger, but it would be nice to know. Everything else works fine on it. Again... is it a QC issue or just a safety feature. I'll probably never know. It would be great if we could get some standards in the vaping industry though.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha QC would be fantastic but I'm fairly sure the Chinese manufacturer only see it as an added expense so totally unlikely to happen.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well even if they did start a QC department, they'd probably have children doing the work.

Tried the stainless steel coils in TC? Seems to work pretty well for me. I don't remember what the original coils were like but I must have not liked them because I almost immediately switched to TVF8 (or maybe it was just shiny and new). Came back when I got the SS coil and the flavor is pretty good on the Cleito

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been using a Clieto for months with a really sweet juice. Cuttwood Boss Reserve. .4ohm @ 55 watts - works great, been through at least 20-30 coils over the past 4 - 5 months no issues other than I only get about 30ml of juice through the coil before it needs to be changed.

Flavor is pretty good, and if I'd never bought the Clieto 120 - I'd still be running this setup.

Hi I'm having issues getting my Aspire Cleito setup right. It seems to be that no matter what I do the taste isn't there and the vapor burns my throat. Tried multiple coils, priming, letting the juice sit for 30min. Same result. Tried multiple other friends Cleitos without this same issue. Any idea what it could be?
Well, as a general rule, the stock coils are pretty good and true to flavor. (Not perfect, not excellent, not unacceptable but pretty good) They last me personally about a week. The RTA for it running Cotton Bacon with a .4 Ohm build has very very good flavor but no matter what I do with the cotton or how I pack it, it will leak or leach out liquid. The stock coils start to "leach" out liquid after about 5 days of heavy vaping. This tank is for the price and what you get though a very good sub-ohm starter set up.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be the minority here. Because I love my cleito. Best tank I got between the protank 4, super tank mini and the crown 2. The stock .4 coil last me about a month using 30/70 6nic at 40-45w. No leaks what so ever. I didn't like the .2 coil and I got a .4ss I haven't used because I've been trying these other tanks from a recent purchase. So far none has compared in my opinion. They are close. Except the protank leaks after about a day or two no matter what I do. But this is just my opinion. What taste and works for one doesn't always work for another.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I must be the minority here. Because I love my cleito. Best tank I got between the protank 4, super tank mini and the crown 2. The stock .4 coil last me about a month using 30/70 6nic at 40-45w. No leaks what so ever. I didn't like the .2 coil and I got a .4ss I haven't used because I've been trying these other tanks from a recent purchase. So far none has compared in my opinion. They are close. Except the protank leaks after about a day or two no matter what I do. But this is just my opinion. What taste and works for one doesn't always work for another.

Super tank mini can use coils from Triton, Atlantis, EVO, Herakles, Starre, Playboy, Coil Art, Vaporwerx, and others, as well as the Tobeco notch coils and those it comes with.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm guessing the STM came with 0.2 and 0.5 kanthal coils, unless anything changed lately. The one thing bad I hear about the tank is that it can be hard to take apart, to clean or change the coil. I know at least some of them came with an allen key to stick in the base, to help get it to open, and others have used small screwdrivers.

I don't know that the other coils are better, but there does seem to be a good variety in power they need, flavor, clouds, etc. Keeps these tanks from becoming same s%#^ different day.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bought about 10 Tobeco replacement coils as well as a box of Playboy, Triton and I already have the Atlantis coils.

But I have to admit, I have both on my desk. Compared to the Cleito, the Tobeco used to be my favorite, then the Herakles was my favorite. But in all honesty, the Cleito can't be beat for a subohm tank. I'm in L-O-V-E! The flavor and full bodied vapor is out of this world!!! I'm using the .4 and couldn't be happier. I love it so much I have both colors AND back ups should something happen (as well as 6 extras of each). I'm in the process of ordering a set of 2 boxes of 5 from ebay for $8.99 per box - or 18.00 roughly for 10 coils. I won't use the RBA section. The replacements are just too good. Never a dry hit and I've been vaping on it for 2 weeks now....same coil.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just put a new coil in my cleito as well this past weekend. I'm using the ss.4 coil. I honestly like the original .4 coil better. At first it was using up the juice, but after a few days it's calmed down and not using as much.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I love these Cleito coils! Although I bought the RTA for it, I'm hooked on the big, juicy replacement coils - .4 is perfect at 50w. Anything above that is too warm for my taste. I like it so much I've been chain vaping. And I've NEVER done that! Using lots of juice but oh, so good.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I love these Cleito coils! Although I bought the RTA for it, I'm hooked on the big, juicy replacement coils - .4 is perfect at 50w. Anything above that is too warm for my taste. I like it so much I've been chain vaping. And I've NEVER done that! Using lots of juice but oh, so good.

Have you built the RBA deck yet ? The claptons it comes with are incredible. All I did was put cotton in it. At 55 watts it's even better than the .4ohm pre-built. Hard to believe but ya got to try it, I have like 3 boxes of the .4 that I'll probably sell so I can buy another tank and deck.

I also have the 120 and it's RBA and it's awesome too, can even handle the 96% VG juice my buddy makes, though that one drinks it real fast.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wish I'd have known about you getting rid if your .4 coils yesterday. I ordered 5 boxes even though I clean my coils. I'll try the RBA for sure. If it enhances the flavor and vapor production as you say, either way you go, it's an amazing tank.

Ooop! Vape mail! 3 bottles of ejuice I won and a box of Cleito coils. Boy, that is one big ass box.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just put a new coil in my cleito as well this past weekend. I'm using the ss.4 coil. I honestly like the original .4 coil better. At first it was using up the juice, but after a few days it's calmed down and not using as much.

Are you allowing your juice to go below the top of the cotton? I know their wicked very well. I'm just curious if doing so would promote dry hits. I won't let mine go below the line.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm in agreement with not letting the cotton get dry. Even though I always kept the cotton covered with juice, it would eventually burn at the top. Usually about 30ml of really sweet juice before that happened

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I vape mine until it's almost empty. I've never had a dry hit. I mean the slots go all the way to the bottom of the tank and when I vape the tanks leaned in such a way that the juice is always on the cotton. That might be the reason why. I've thought about the rba for mine. But damn if I want to lose that much juice capacity or use that ugly as all get out bubble tank lmao

VU Sponsors