Become a Patron!

Aspire K1 BVC burns juice bad?

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got some K1 BVC to try but I've never experienced anything like this in my 3 years vaping. Check this. Using 2.1ohm heads at only 3.5V, my juices tasted like burned caramel. So I started paying attention and noticed that every time I blow out my drip tip, really dark drops come out. But my juices are clear. This tells me the BVCs burn juice to a crisp. I'm sure as hell not going to vape on that. Anyone noticed that?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Either you've got a pack of bum coils, fakes, or not enough ejuice is getting to the coils. You're only vaping at 5.8 watts, so my guess would be your got counterfeit BVC heads. I use mine at 13-14 watts without any issues in an Aspire SS tank.

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These are 100% genuine coils with scratch and check label. I Ohm tested them, opened a couple and inspected them with magnifying glass and they look fine. Looking at the two pads, they have what looks like fiber glass strands in it and tend to crumble real easy in a hand which in it's self doesn't look to encouraging.
But that aside, they do fry the juice. I use drip tips that capture condensation and what it captures is dark brown liquid while juice in the tank stays clear. I use the same tips on cartos, Kanger clearos, drippers etc and never get any brown shit in there.
Something's not right here. I wouldn't touch them again.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What tank/clearo are you using. Maybe a lack of airflow?

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He has an aspire k1. I also have that.
I have also noticed it dosent give good taste, too airy , and it darkens my juice. But Im using 1.8 ohms at 3.5 volts. don't know if that matters, but I don't like it. I gave it to my wife and she likes it with the sugary flavors, seems ok with them.
I switched to a kanger v2 mini. much improved on a ego stick.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's tons more options other than Kanger BVC's. If you don't like em, then try something else. I haven't had any of the issues you mention with the exception of getting a pack of counterfeit heads which were total garbage. Other than that, I use an ET S with the BVC's often and at 12-14 watts with no problems.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand he is using the K1 style Bvc coils but they fit also fit other tanks, like the Viva Nova which has awful airflow. I have the K1 and have never had the problem, I actually drilled it out to get more air. I don't use them too often because I would have to fill it 10 times a day. Also what battery are you using? Maybe it's actually firing higher volts then it's reading.

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the original K1 tank and original 2.1ohm coils, Voltage accurate, plenty of airflow. Like Angus66 said, bad taste. Taste is kind of caramelized so it must be burning. There might be some heat trapping between the coil and the material of that filler to cause that. It never happens with Boge cartos. Their coils are wrapped in Cotton which could dissipate the heat better. This is just my theory off course. But if I put clear juice in to one end of coil and get dark coming out from the other side after it gets heated, something must be cooking. If you have some drip tip that are enclosed on top with only small hole and retains condensation, try it. Vape 1/2 tank and blow the tip out in to a tissue. You need reasonably clear juice so you can see the difference. You can try their recommended max 6 Volts for fast results I guess.

Last edited:
Well i work for eigate technology we manufacture all aspire products and I can tell you for a fact that you are running counterfeits because the Aspire K1 bvc coils only run 1.6 ohms - 1.8 with that said those are the only ohm ratings available

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well i work for eigate technology we manufacture all aspire products and I can tell you for a fact that you are running counterfeits because the Aspire K1 bvc coils only run 1.6 ohms - 1.8 with that said those are the only ohm ratings available
http://www.aspirecig.com/news/news182.html
better tell Aspire, they have counterfeits on their own website then

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Old thread... I remember some kind of coils having major issues when they first came out.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you say so, but personally I'll trust my original opinion

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently he thinks someone is spoofing aspire all the way down to the domain level ... :facepalm:

VU Sponsors