Become a Patron!

aspire nautilius bvc

my son bought me a aspire nautilius bvc tank! that is all I have, what is the best power source to use with this and where is the best and cheapest place to get it. I am on disability so money is an issue. my son also bought me juice for it and the coils for the aspire nautilius. please help me get the right power source. thank you for your time.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need a variable wattage mod (mod is our word for power supply) that has at least 20 watts of available power. An istick 30 watt might do you well. If you find a mod you're considering, check with us before purchasing. We'll help you avoid getting a piece of junk. Good luck.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Since money is an issue, I would consider the iStick over any other options purely because the battery is built in. That said, I would also recommend the iStick 40w, it is a better mod than the iStick 30, for just a little more money. It not only adds an additional 10 watts, but it also adds temperature control.

Another recommendation I would make is *if* you can afford more, then you should at least consider other options like the Sigelei 30 watt, IPV D2, Joyetech eVic VTC Mini, the Sigelei 75w mini, etc.. The issue with any of these hoI wever is that you will require additional items that will incur further costs, at a minimum these will include at least one battery and a charger. A good battery will add about $8-$10, and a fair charger will add another roughly $25 or so. This will bring the total cost up to somewhere around $55-$65 for a much better setup.

I hope this helps!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Racefan, do you know if you have a Nautilus or the Mini? I have a few of the Mini's and I use them with the Tesla Spider II. it's a 6V pen/ego style device that works great with that tank. $17.00 on Fasttech.com. Istick 30 was also a great suggestion.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Racefan, do you know if you have a Nautilus or the Mini? I have a few of the Mini's and I use them with the Tesla Spider II. it's a 6V pen/ego style device that works great with that tank. $17.00 on Fasttech.com. Istick 30 was also a great suggestion.
Discount Vapers, closer, has them for 18 last I saw. I like mine, too.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Discount Vapers, closer, has them for 18 last I saw. I like mine, too.
I can HIGHLY recommend Discount Vapers! Eric has provided tremendous service over the last couple of years. He *may* even be willing to price match if you ask him (no promises though). He goes out of his way to help when he can, and he stands behind his products!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used them before, but DV did charge me shipping on a device I had to return. No biggie, since they were the only vendor to carry the original Ola-X and the replacement is still in my daily rotation. Wish they still carried it...

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys,

I am at the end of my rope. I bought a brand new authentic Nautilus Aspire tank and CANNOT get the think to work. At all. No matter what I do, it consistently spits juice into my mouth. I am using new BVC coils at 1.8 or 1.6. I have gone through about 15 of them, from different vendors. I am using an iTaste vv battery at about 11 watts. Everything is screwed in proper.

No matter what I do, I constantly get juice spitting up into my mouth. It doesn’t even really leak that much, just spits juice into my mouth. I now feel like I am getting sick from constantly getting the juice in my mouth. I am using 70/30 VG/PG liquid and have tried a bunch of 50/50.

Can anyone give me advice? Could a battery be causing this? I have tried literally everything. About 5 hits after I put in a new cardo, I get the juice spitting up. I have now gone through 2 brand new Aspire’s so I know it’s not the hardware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

James

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@MJHolc312 the spitting and popping is the juice as it vaporizes. It is normal, to a degree. Is it consistent with different juices? Part of it could be the specific juice you are vaping, try another juice (from a different brand) and see if you get the same results. If it is happening too much for your liking, you can try adjusting the wattage up or down until it is minimized to a point that you can live with. It's been quite a while (over 2 years) since I used a 1.8 ohm coil, but IIRC, I was running it between 8 and 9 watts, and didn't have too many problems with spitting and popping juice. If you are happy with the flavor/vapor you are getting at 11 watts, just not the spitting and popping, then try finding a longer drip tip. It will make it harder for the juice to get into your mouth when it "pops".

HTH!!!

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have two nautilus and two minis and don't have that problem at all. I use an Istick (30w, 40w, & 50w at around 13w). I wonder if it's the juice? I would think ( & this is just my opinion) a thinner juice would spit more. Maybe try a little more vg in your juice? Or are you somehow getting juice into the air channel? When it starts to spit give a quick blow back into your mouthpiece, I do this when it gurgles, though it doesn't do that very often. Worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors