Become a Patron!

Aspire Reax Mini Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Reax Mini Kit from Aspire. The Reax Mini Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Tina from Aspire.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts561.html

Introduction

The Reax Mini kit is the latest kit from Aspire and one very good for a first device introducing variable wattage and allowing the vaper to also try DL. The device has 5 MTL wattage settings that can be altered with a click of a button and Bypass for giving DL a go. The Reax Mini is paired with the Tigon which is an ideal tank for this purpose having adjustable airflow to suit both MTL vaping and low wattage DL and coming with both MTL and DL coils. The Reax Mini is a small rounded ergonomic device that gets swallowed up in the hand and comes in 4 colour options, let's crack on!

In The Box

Contents:

Aspire Reax Mini Mod
Aspire Tigon tank 3.5ml (2ml TPD edition)
Spare glass
2x drip tips (1 installed)
1.2ohm coil
0.4ohm coil
Screw adjustment tool
O-rings
USB cable
User manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Reax Mini Kit comes in the usual cardboard box packaging with sleeve and on opening i found i had received the Black version which comes with a Black Tigon tank. The colour options are Black, Silver, Blue and Purple, all versions come with a matching Tigon tank apart from the Purple version which comes with a Rainbow coloured Tigon. The form factor reminds me of the OBS cube but smaller and more rounded. The whole device has textured design which gives it a nice aesthetic look but also good grip. Front and back have a vertical pill shaped smooth panel with lighter colour patterned design which gives a bit of contrast. On the front of the device we have a large oval protruding fire button towards the top, towards the bottom we have a smaller horizontal pill shaped mode button followed by a micro USB port then a small indicator LED. The reverse we have branding on the panel towards the bottom, moving to the base we have a circular design with six segments, each of these segments are a wattage mode or bypass and light up the appropriate wattage when set. Moving to the top we have a 24mm 510 plate with the St Davids Cross carved into the metal, the 510 is Gold plated and spring loaded. The device seems very well made and durable as i would expect from Aspire.

Tigon Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5 x 52mm (3.5ml standard)/23 x 49mm (2ml TPD)
Capacity: 3.5ml(standard edition)/2ml(TPD edition)
Coil: 0.4ohm Coil(23-28W), 1.2ohm Coil(10-12W)
Suitable for MTL & DTL vaping with two drip tips
Easy top filling system with child lock function (TPD Edition)
E-liquid sealing mechanism
Bottom precise airflow adjustment
Thread: 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Black

Tigon Tank Overview

Everything about the Tigon tank impressed me, the build quality and finish is as good as with any tank i have used. The Tigon is for both MTL and low wattage restricted direct lung vaping and you get 2 drip tips one for each style, they are a standard 510 fitting so you can also use your own if you prefer. The top of the tank is flat and has the outer metal ring and inner stainless steel ring, between the 2 is a ring of delrin.

The tank has a childproof top-fill system that i like a lot, first you need to lift the top-cap up before sliding open by pushing where there is a little liquid drop symbol. The top cap slides open very smoothly revealing a fill port with self sealing silicon seal, when filling push your nozzle through the seal to fill when you remove the nozzle it reseals. To close the top-cap is just the reverse, slide shut and press down.

The glass is sealed with o-rings and is housed between the top fill section and the coil housing section at the bottom, to release the glass you need to unscrew the base and with no coil inserted use the supplied tool to separate the coil housing from the top section so the glass can freely be removed (you get a spare glass).

As mentioned the base unscrews from the coil housing and you just press fit the coil into the housing before screwing your base back on. The coil housing has 4 juice ports to allow the juice to get to the wicking holes on the coil, when you remove the coil it allows a metal section to lower and seal the juice ports so you can remove your coil even if the tank is full of juice, when a coil is inserted it pushes the metal section upwards re-opening the ports.

The Tigon doesn't have juice flow control so you can close the ports when filling but i like the way the ports seal when removing the coil and i suppose having both systems isn't doable (or is it?). The base has a single airflow control which is a slot for DL and then if you keep turning changes to a series of 5 small holes so you can MTL from very airy to super tight. I received the TPD version Kit so the capacity is 2ml and at it's widest point the tank is 23mm, the standard version has a 3.5ml capacity and at it's widest point the diameter is 24.5mm. As mentioned you receive both a MTL and DL coil with the kit, the MTL is 1.2ohm and rated between 10-12w and the DL is 0.4ohm and rated between 23-28w.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Reax Mini Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 70 x 31.5 x 29.6mm
Battery: 1600mAh (Inbuilt)
Output power: 8-16W (+Bypass Mode)
6 output modes including bypass mode (automatic bypass below 1ohm coil resistance)
LED battery indicator light
Bottom mode indicator light
Multiple Protections
Charging: 2A
Thread: 510
Colour: Black, Silver, Blue, Purple

Navigating The Reax Mini

The Reax Mini is essentially a variable wattage or bypass device dependant on the ohms resistance of the coil you use which makes the dual purpose MTL/DL Tigon tank it's perfect partner. The wattage isn't set as most variable wattage devices where you have a screen and adjust wattage up and down but instead has 6 modes of operation 5 of which are various wattage settings ideal for MTL vaping.
On the base of the device we have a circular design which is split into 6 segments with the wattage output for each lighting up when set. The modes are 8W, 10W, 12W, 14W, 16W and bypass. When the Reax Mini detects that the resistance is 1.0ohm or higher then you can alter the wattage setting by simply pressing the mode button which is above the USB, each press takes you to the next setting. When the Reax Mini detects the resistance is below 1.0ohm the device will auto select the bypass setting and will not allow it to be altered. The device can be turned on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button and both actions are confirmed by the mode sections lighting up in order until we have a full house then all 6 segments flash twice.
The Reax Mini gives battery status indication by what colour the small indicator light located below the USB port lights up when pressing the fire button. If it lights Green the battery is above 3.8V, if it lights Blue it's between 3.5V and 3.8V and finally when the indicator lights Red the battery is less than 3.5V and you need to start planning on charging the device.
The Reax Mini has multiple protections which when they kick in are indicated by various amounts of flashes from the LED indicator.

Protections

Automatic Cutoff
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Overcharge Protection
Over Heat Protection

Charging The Reax Mini

The Reax Mini is charged via the micro USB port and supports 2A charging. When the USB cable is first plugged in the LED flashes Red 3 times before lighting solid Red while the voltage is less than 3.5V. Betwenn 3.5V and 3.8V the light goes Blue and once the battery is over 3.8V the light turns Green. When the device is fully charged the light flashes 20 times before going off. I kept loosing track of time whenever i charged the device but it was somewhere between 1.75 and 2 hours which is very acceptable.

My Experience Using The Reax Mini

Anyone who read my review of the Tigon Stick will know i rate the Tigon tank very highly and it has become my go to tank of this style. Because i use the Tigon quite often and have plenty of the two supplied coils i used the Tigon i already have with the Reax Mini as this just made sense which is why a lot of the pictures show a Blue Tigon when the kit came with a Black. Both coils give very good flavour to rival the Nautilus and Innokin Zenith coils and have found them to have good longevity. Using the 0.4ohm coil with the Reax Mini gave the same results as with the Tigon stick as the device auto detects the resistance is below 1.0ohm and operates in bypass so as the battery drains the power decreases but the drop off isn't too bad and i got decent flavour even just before the battery ran out. The device is much more suited for using with coils over 1.0ohm resistance and using the Tigon with the 1.2ohm coil allowed to fine tune the airflow and set the wattage to suit, the only slight issue i have with the MTL coil is i find it gives slight gurgling after filling the tank but this clears after 3 or 4 vapes. The battery life was more than adequate when using the wattage settings which is it's Achilles heal when in bypass with the 0.4ohm coil. The Reax Mini allows a 24mm atty to sit flush on the plate so any atty's up to 24mm which covers virtually all the tanks that will suit the device will look good up top. I also tried the Reax Mini (obviously in Bypass) with the Serpent Elevate with a 0.3ohm build and it gave a cracking vape just plagued by the 1600mAh battery life that isn't that suited for sub-ohm vaping. The device is very ergonomic with good grip and the protruding fire button is easy to find and nice and clicky. I'm not a big fan of needing to look at the base of the device to set the wattage mode but once you have it set it's done, the mode button unlike the fire button doesn't protrude so the setting won't be altered by accident. The device charges in less than 2 hours which for a 1600mAh battery is very good while also supporting pass-through.

Aesthetically pleasing (both looks and form factor)
Solidly made device
4 colour options
Pocket friendly
Ergonomic
5 wattage modes + Bypass
Auto detect resistance
Battery and Charging battery status indication
Mode settings display
Separate Mode button
Easy to find clicky fire button
Good battery life using wattage settings
MTL and Restricted DL
Childproof top-fill system
Comes with DL and MTL drip tip
Can fit own 510
Comes with MTL and DL coil
Spare glass
Tool provided for disassembling tank
MTL super airy to super tight draw
TPD and standard versions
Juice port sealing mechanism (sealing tank when removing coil)
Self sealing silicone seal
Both Tigon Tank and Reax Mini can be used independently
Flavour very good with both coils
Smooth airflow
Suffered no leaking
2A charging

Cons

Battery life not great in Bypass mode
Settings displayed on the base of the device
Slight drop off in power and flavour with 0.4ohm coil
Slight gurgling with 1.2ohm coil after filling (soon clears)

I would once again like to thank Tina for supplying the Reax Mini Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts561.html

VU Sponsors