Become a Patron!

Aspire Speeder 200w Kit Review by KingPin!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I received the Aspire Speeder Kit (4ml version) directly from Aspire after my contest win on VU!

IMG_1625.JPG

This is available to buy now. I will convey my thoughts and do my very best to provide you with enough information so you can reach your own conclusion on the product, so no recommendations from me, just a final conclusion on my personal experience with it. Please ask questions in the below if I've missed anything you want to know.

Please note: Unlike the name of the mod…This will be a comprehensive review, there’s a lot of ground to cover so Ill break it into 2 parts;

· Athos Tank First
· Speeder Mod Second

Part 1 - Athos Product Overview

· Diameter: 25mm
· Height: 58mm (51mm TPD Compliant Version)
· Weight: 48g when full with liquid
· Capacity: 4ml (2ml TPD compliant available)
· Thread: 510
· Airflow Holes: 3
· Available Coils: A3 (0.3ohm) & A5 (0.16ohm)

Speeder Product Page: http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits471.html

Available Colours;
Kit options: Grey, Black, Gold

Others options when bought standalone: Stainless steel, Rainbow

For Stand Alone tank info see here: http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-tanks/athos/athos473.html

IMG_1626.JPG

What's included in the Box?

The Standard 4ml Kit Includes:

· Speeder mod
· 4ml Athos tank
· Extra A3(Kanthal AF Tri-coil head)
· Extra drip tip (Delrin wide bore drip tip)
· Spare Glass tube
· USB cable
· 12 spare O-rings
· Warning card
· User Manual
· Warranty card

Presentation wise the Speeder 200w Kit comes in a thick cardboard box, graphics are ok Aspire could have been a little bit more creative but it’s by no means awful. The scratch and sniff is on the back along with content details.

IMG_1438.JPG

Upon opening the box everything it’s presented well. I would like to have seen my spare coil sealed away and not just left open in the box, but nothing too much to write home about here other than that.

IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1453.JPG

Looks & Initial Impressions

The first thing that came to mind is how good that combo looks together with the grey Athos on the Speeder they really are the perfect pairing, nice clean lines, Logos pop, it’s got a space age look to it, and probably wouldn’t look out of place as a prop on a moon base.

IMG_1440.JPG

The tank itself is really lightweight, for its size, in fact it’s the lightest atomiser I own at this size (48g when full) perhaps they are trying to get this thing launched into space? I wonder how vapour would behave on the space station, anyway I digress. I normally prefer a bit of weight to my gear as it gives it that premium feel to it, this is pretty much aluminium where ever they can get away with it although that does mean when it’s paired with the mod it’s not top heavy which is a good thing.

The clear stock drip tip that comes with the Athos is not up to scratch if I’m honest. It’s a hard plastic, low profile and just nasty, I even had the little nib left on mine where it was cut away from the sprue.

The paint is a matt finish and textured. The tank doesn’t need a vape band because the glass is protected by the outer casing.

Unfortunately there is no RBA base to try which is a real shame for those wanting to get into coil building.

Build Quality

As mentioned in the last section the stock drip tip is nasty I really didn’t like using it. The spare Delrin wide bore is so much better, although it does look to be proprietary in that the base is large and fits over O-rings on the top cap. The top cap doesn’t accommodate 510 or any of your Grennedy style drip tips, something to note.

Top cap has plastic threading, something I’m really not a fan off as they will strip over time and there is no replacement in the kit! I would have preferred metal threading in here or at least a spare because when it goes you are screwed.

Threading is ok, a little scratchy when securing the housing to the base and when inserting the coil but I’ve used worse.

It has a press fit Airflow Control Ring! I loathe press fits although this has both a nice resistance and smooth turning to it. The reason I loathe them is I always find condensation eventually bypasses the ring and gets under the base onto the 510 plate which funnily enough is something I experienced while using this, so no real surprises there then.

Paint quality is excellent everything stood up to ultrasonic cleaning without any problems. No paint chips at the time of writing this review

Tolerances could be better on the final assembly of all the parts. The top cap doesn’t sit flush with the outer casing, and the housing is very slightly wider than the AFC ring.

Coils are decent, didn’t need to sort out the seals at the base although I did pin the wicking slots for good measure to ensure it keeps up with wicking (something I always do on the big sub ohm coils)

No issues with the positive pin under the base. It’s provided a good connection the whole time and the pin sits proud of the threads.

It is difficult to see the juice level when it falls below the window, although in fairness this is the perfect time to refill it so I’ll actually list that as a pro.

Features

Tank breaks down into 6 parts for cleaning and maintenance.

IMG_1450.JPG

For refilling you do have to unscrew the top cap which has decent knurling on it for grip. The single refill hole could have been a little bigger as I find I have to use my thin top refill bottles. There is a reservoir next to the juice port so overfilling isn’t really a problem when securing the top cap.

This is probably “one of”, if not “the most” airy tank I’ve ever used when leaving the airflow fully open. I don’t get it, unless you are trying to vape at extremely high wattages, why you would need this much airflow it’s overkill.

The top cap does a great job of keeping my lips from burning, this tank gets exceptionally hot when chain vaping especially on the A5 coil so to be honest I’m glad it is plastic!

The Airflow Control Ring does have a stop on it so no free turning which I prefer. It does feel scratchy when I take it off and put it back on. I keep thinking I’m sheering metal off but it doesn’t appear to be the case.

Coils take about a tank to break in, don’t know whether it was just me but both of them had a foul taste to them, more so than other pre made coils I’ve tried in the break in period, thankfully it was just a tank to break in!

IMG_1451.JPG

I reached out to Asipre, both of the coils that come with the Kit are Kanthal so no temp control on these with the Speeder. I would like to have seen this detailed on the coils as well as the max/min range, as it stands I think we have the recommended range visible only.

IMG_1452.JPG
Coil Report

Testing Conditions
· Using 75% VG using my normal flavour I always try for new products.
· Used Sony VTC5a batteries
· Tested on the Aspire Speeder
· Warmed coils up before taking notes at each stage
· Coils had been pinned a couple of time in each of the wicking sections

A5 Penta Coil (0.16ohm)

Rated 100 W-120W, according to the manufacturer

Tested with AFC about a third the way open as this suits my draw style.

· 90 – Muted flavour, wispy clouds, spitting from the coil, cool vape
· 100 – Flavour coming through, decent clouds, spitting from the coil, cool vape
· 110 – Flavour and clouds improving now, warmish vape
· 120 – Flavour more prominent, clouds really chucking, warm vape
· 130 - Flavour peaked here, Sweeter notes coming through, warm to hot vape
· 140 – Opened up the AFC here (two thirds open) Flavour dropped back, hot vape
· 150 – shorter pulls now, big clouds, flavour back to 110 level
· 160 - Heading towards a burnt hit here can taste it coming through.
. 200 – Yes I did push this coil to the max setting, no it was not enjoyable and yes my lungs cried! I did however only start to get burnt hit when chain vaping with AFC fully open

I settled on 123w as it had the best balance of flavour, vape temperature especially with a slightly restricted lung hit. I would say the recommended range is pretty much spot on for this coil but it handles even the biggest output the mod provides. Coil life was good at 2 weeks.

A3 Tri Coil (0.3ohm)

Rated 60 W-75W, according to the manufacturer

Tested with AFC a fifth of the way open as this suits my draw style.

· 60 – Muted flavour, wispy clouds, spitting from the coil, cool vape
· 65 – Same as 60
. 70 – Flavour and clouds improving a little now, still spitting, cool vape
· 75 – Flavour not really moving, is this thing on?, warmish vape
· 80 – Flavour is still in the background!, otherwise same as 75
· 85 – Finally there’s the flavour but it’s still not peaked! Same clouds as 80 and still warmish vape
· 90 – Good just about peaked here, jump up in clouds, warm vape
· 100 – Is the flavour going to peak? Still improving slightly same everywhere else
· 115 – Heading towards a burnt hit now, that was quick!

I settled on 86w as it had the best balance of flavour, vape temperature especially with a slightly restricted lung hit. I would say the coil is underrated by a fair margin, as was the case with the A5 coils it performs well above what’s written on it. Coil life again 2 weeks.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How's the Vape?

To get any sort of flavour from this tank I had to reduce the airflow right down and bump up the wattage beyond what I’d normally want to vape at with the resistances on the coils, when I did I was able to get a pretty decent vape along the lines of the Smok Beast or Maganus Cloud Blaster, it’s not making me go wow and it’s a pain in the backside to dial in ….but for a starter kit it certainly gets the job done.

Out of the two coils I preferred the A5 overall as it had a better flavour than the A3 and I could open up the airflow a little wider without it becoming muted.

Cloud chucking wise it’s up there with the other sub ohm tanks in this class for sure so happy with this aspect.

The draw is satisfying when the airflow is really restricted but as I said before its way too airy wide open. The draw is pretty quiet all round so that’s a plus.

I did experience a fair amount of spitting on here at the lower wattages so maybe pinning the coils really wasn’t needed, it kept up with wicking absolutely fine and the vape was nice and moist throughout coil testing.

Things I Feel Could Be Improved

1. Tolerances of the assembled tank could be better.
2. I found the tank to be far too airy for the best wattage ranges.
3. The clear stock drip tip needs to be dumped. This is as important as any other part of the atomiser don’t scrimp on this especially when you run proprietary drip tips.
4. Lack of a spare top cap with plastic threading being used.
5. Threading could have been better on the outer casing
6. Put the coils in a sealed bag/container to keep them fresh when packaging
7. Use better materials in the construction of the tank especially for its price point.
8. Not a fan of Press fit AFC rings, they leak after time under the base.
9. Stated Coil ranges need adjusting also add coil material, recommended and full range on them
10. Takes too long to dial in its best vape
11. Lack of an RBA base with the Kit.

Things I Feel It Does Well

1. Great styling
2. Great paint finish which stood up to Ultrasonic cleaning.
3. No need to use a vape band to protect the glass
4. Bottom of the window can be used as a guide for low juice level refill.
5. Quiet on the draw
6. Does its job as a kit tank – looks fantastic on the speeder.
7. Flavour can be decent once you go through the pain of dialling it in
8. Delrin Drip Tip is comfy to use

Athos Final Conclusion

The Athos is an average tank. I don’t think I’m being harsh here either. Ok it looks the nuts on the speeder but it needs to be functional as well. My first interaction with an atomiser is through the drip tip and that stock cap was a complete fail for me. The parts don’t feel particularly great, scratchy threads, cheap materials used, ok the paintwork and styling are awesome but that’s not the be all and end all.

Flavour is actually decent and it chucks clouds with the best of them, however that only happened once I managed to dial it in, which was a chore and something I haven’t experienced on other sub ohm tanks to date. Half the time I ended outside of the recommended wattage range, had to suffer with spitting and clouds over flavour all whilst trying to find the right way to set the AFC. A recommended range should be just that “the best you can get out of the coil.” And the atomiser should be forgiving within that range.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Part 2: Aspire Speeder Product Overview

· Height: 58mm
· Width: 46mm
· Thickness: 31mm
· Weight: 288g with 2 18650 batteries and a full tank on top, 236g with just batteries in
· 0.96inch OLED display
· Micro USB charging port (2 amp charging)
· Spring loaded 510 connection
· Auto Orientation Adjusting Screen
· Modes include: Wattage, Voltage, Bypass, Temp Control, Custom Profile Settings
· Wattage Range 1-200W Output
· Voltage output 0.1 – 8.4v
· Functional Resistance Range: 0.1 – 3.5 ohms
· Continuous Fire time: (adjustable) 5s -15s
· Dual 18650 batteries Series mod
· Temperature Control Range: 200 – 600F / 100 – 315C
· Low Battery Protection
· Short Circuit Protection
· Overheat Board Protection
· Overcharge Protection
· Over Discharge Protection
· Reverse Polarity Protection
· Passthrough Vaping
· Also managed to get some additional stats from Aspire directly (max 50A output limit, 95% chip efficiency)

Speeder Product Page: http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits471.html

User Manual: http://www.aspirecig.com/downloads/manuals/download475.html

Firmware Support: http://www.aspirecig.com/upgrade/

Available Colours;
Kit options: Silver & Grey, Black, Gold & White

Looks, Build Quality & Impressions

Love the styling as I mentioned in part one on the tank. It’s a really simple sleek design right up my street. The colour of the grey and silver is fantastic as is the paintwork all over. I’ve not had any scratches or chips since I’ve been using this mod, although I do wonder how many other atomisers will match the grey outside of the Athos (still there are other colours to choose)

IMG_1441.JPG

Ergonomically this is the most comfortable mod I’ve ever used or held to date, it fits perfectly in the hand with the fire bar being activated with a squeeze of the fingers. The buttons are tactile and very responsive. If you are a finger fire vaper like me, the position of the fire bar and the screen do favour the right handed vaper. Since I’m a lefty my palm covers the screen and it really is a fingerprint magnet. (For thumb firing the opposite hand it true favouring lefties).

The 510 connection has good threading and a decent throw on the contact. I’ve both yanked and often picked the tank up first, the 510 hasn’t budged in a month. If you wanted to take it apart to look under the hood it takes a T5 or T6 torx bit to undo the screws (actually somewhere in between using mine hence listing both)

IMG_1454.JPG

It seats my atomisers almost flush. I say almost because I have noticed there is a small gap underneath the base of some of my atomisers by approx 1mm.

IMG_1459.JPG

Button layout is great, there’s been no accidental changing of wattages or any other function, no misfiring (it’s easy enough to lock and unlock the controls anyway). There is only one centre up and down button and the fire bar. Everything on the mod can be done with a combination of the two.

I managed to figure out all the controls inside a few minutes without reading the manual, like to test this because a mod should be intuitive to use.

The screen is nice and bright, no issues seeing outside in daylight.

Battery door is spring loaded. There is wobble when open but not too bad. It sits pretty flush when shut. I haven’t had any issues with the batteries being held in securely but would like to have seen this door sitting flush when shut as there is far too much play side to side when I press it. Battery orientation is clearly labelled and reverse polarity protection works.

IMG_1455.JPG IMG_1456.JPG IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1628.JPG

The USB charge cable seems pretty decent, and it does support pass through vaping while charging, happy days!

The mod is grippy enough only if there is no juice on it! I’m useless when it comes to over dripping and it does lose its grip and become slick if you get any on the mod or have any on your hands. Even when wiping away said juice. So in an OCD fashion I found I regularly had to use a Q tip or some other method to clean it regularly.

For low battery cut off I recorded a low point of 2.99v during my time testing.

Hardly any rattles. I can hear a slight rattle with the fire bar but only if I give it a damn good shake, that’s after a month’s constant use.

Functions

The Speeder has all the modes offered on regulated mods! I’ve not seen this before at least on a mod that I own.

There is no annoying boot up screen. Click 5 times to turn on and it’s instant I really like this.

There is a 0.5 second delay when firing. This is intentional as to access the menu you click the fire button and up button, it hasn’t really annoyed me when vaping but need to mention it.

Apart from Voltage mode: there are always details of the voltage output, coil resistance, amps (current output), screen lock/unlocked and each batteries life on the screen.

As I mentioned above everything is done by utilising combinations of the fire button and/or up and down button on the screen. I’ve added some additional notes that aren’t particularly clear in the manual

· Fire Button = used to Fire, Confirm and to adjust time in CPS mode
· Click Fire Button 5 Time = Lock/Unlock Device
· Fire Button & “-“ = Lock/Unlock keys
· Pressing “+” & “-“ = Enters TCR and CPS mode (don’t have the mode selected when pressing this)
· Click Fire Button 3 Times = Enter/Exit Stealth Mode
· Pressing “+” or “-“ = Increase or decrease settings
· Pressing Fire Button for 3s when locked = Turn off device
· Press fire button & “+” for 0.5s = Enter mode selection (cycle through modes with “+” or “-“)
· Click Fire Button 5 times when mod is off = Turn system on

Wattage Mode

IMG_1460.JPG
The screen cycles in 1w increments there is no fine tuning with decimal selection on this mod. It cycled through the wattages quickly enough. You can cycle round when you reach max or min by pressing the up or down button again.

Up to and around the 75w range I felt it hit roughly 7w lower than my Yihi at the displayed wattage. After this though it was really accurate all the way through to 200w on my 0.16 build. It really did feel like it was hitting the 200w mark. On builds higher than this resistance the mod seemed to be restricting max wattage output which I expect to happen anyway. So I’d recommend 0.16 down to 0.1ohm for the full wattage range based on my experience with this device.

Once batteries get to about half charge you really do start to notice output falling off above a 150w setting. Once batteries get to third life forget about it, you might as well change them as output power significantly gets restricted.

In wattage mode it feels fairly responsive but I do notice that 0.5s delay in firing, it also lacks the punch at the lower wattage range. I feel it performs better above 75w.

Voltage Mode

IMG_1461.JPG

The screen cycles at 2 decimals for fine tuning. Depending on the build you have it will only allow you to reach what it deems will be a max 200w output, or the max of 8.4v whichever comes first. For instance when I was running the 0.16 coil it wouldn’t let me go above 5.58v in voltage mode which is heading toward the 200w limit (194w)

Very much the same as voltage mode (75w) at voltages below 3v. After this it felt very accurate. The maximum on screen voltage I was able to get was 7.7v with my builds and it certainly hit like a brick at that voltage.

Again when batteries are at half-life it reduces its actual output as far as I can detect, and again its pants at third capacity left.

I actually like voltage mode on here a lot, I like that I can dial in my setting to 2 decimal places something the wattage mode seemed to lack. I know some might see it as a con but limiting me to the board output was a welcome feature and it did automatically adjust the max allowable voltage depending on the coil I was running. It packed the punch throughout the ranges above equivalent of 75w.

Bypass Mode

IMG_1462.JPG
Same as Voltage mode except it hits with whatever voltage it can based on available battery level left, there is no control here. It hits like a truck slightly more so than in voltage mode at max in my opinion.

I did enquire with Aspire about safety features in bypass mode as it’s supposed to represent a mechanical device. All safety features are still active in the background and it works exactly the same as regulated device with max current drain at low battery cut off. It’s just simulating a mechanical mod vape like experience which to me is a bit gimmicky so haven’t really used it. I did note though it actually performed better than my YiHi Q mini in bypass mode.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Temp Control & Manual TCR
IMG_1464.JPG
In standard Temp Control mode you have the options of Stainless Steel 316L (SS), Nickel (NI200), Titanium (Ti) as standard, when choosing one of these you cannot adjust TCR.

I tried the stock Kanthal coils to see if it would kick me out of temp control – it did not which is a con.

Every time you cycle into the temp mode it will ask you if you have a new atomiser, which I like as I hate having to unscrew the RDA just to reset the resistance. For this just make sure to register the coil at room temp and you’re away.

Resistance remains at its original value on the screen as you heat the coil, which is a shame I like seeing the live resistance changes on my DNA mod.

In Manual TCR there are 3 memory settings to utilise. It’s very confusing though I’ve never seen TCR done as a percentage before. You start at 0.10% and can go through to 9.99%. There is no explanation from Aspire how to use this so I just treated it like I would on my other devices assuming that the additional zeros aren’t being displayed. So 0.88 for my 316L coils seemed to do the job.

Other than that by pressing +/- on either TCR or TC mode you can adjust the wattage to heat the coil to get you temp and it cuts back that wattage automatically when temp is reached to maintain that temp.

I was very impressed with TC on the Speeder. I never got a burnt hit. When it got to temp it was a smooth experience with no annoying rattling or drop off below the temp line. Overall Temp was perhaps a little under the target temp by 15F (when comparing with my Yihi or DNA mods) but nothing to write home about as I just increased the temp a little which did the trick.

I took 5 second pulls to test it and it was a consistent satisfying vape throughout. It’s a shame it didn’t have a pre heat on top of the standard heating to give me a sense of more customisation but for its price point I though it did a good job.

Custom Profile Settings (wattage power curve manual adjustments)
IMG_1463.JPG
This is by far my favourite mode on the Speeder and where I’ve spent most of my time. You have 3 memory settings to utilise. Select one of them and make sure that you aren’t in the mode selection. Now press “+/-“together to enter the basic power curves.

You can adjust two things in here “time” and “wattage” but that’s really all you need. The fire bar adjusts time in 0.5 second increments and the “+ or -“buttons adjust wattage. Once you’re done just press “+/-“together again and enjoy a temp control experience on any coil.

Aspire have done an absolutely fantastic job with this mode. Ok to some it might be overly simplistic but I think its spot on, never once did I get annoyed with it and I’ve tried all sorts of wacky profiles which the speeder followed really well.

Recharging and Battery

Ok some strange results in this section to go through;

I’ve noticed there is slightly more drain on the right battery that sits under the atomiser. When I insert fresh batteries the battery reader doesn’t drop both evenly. It always draws one side more than the other until one quarter is used then they even out. I did take the batteries out at one point to see if it’s just a screen thing but the D4 confirmed there was a difference in the discharge of 0.1v

Charging via the mod takes about 2 hours and does hit 1.99A. Again though it seems to favour the right battery under the atomiser no matter whether I reverse them or not. The mod alternates to start with every 25 seconds as to which battery is getting boosted instead of boosting both evenly. For instance one side reads 3.78v while the other is reading 3.55v or vice versa.

IMG_1492.JPG IMG_1494.JPG

Here are my notes charging from 3.5v;

· Cycles every 25 seconds boosting one side then the other at 2A
· Mod gets hot charging at 2A (venting holes underneath found lying it down helped)
· At 4V (whichever battery hits it first) reduces charge between 1.67 - 1.71A
· At 4.1V reduced charge between 1.38 - 1.41A
· At 4.15V reduced between 0.58 – 1.4A. At this 1hour 40 minute mark the mod cooled right down and stopped the cycle charging and started equal charging on both batteries with a 0.02v difference at this stage.
· Now batteries dropped back to 4.1V?? mod charging at 0.9A
· Back to 4.15V charging at 0.58 -0.9A starts cycle boosting again.
· Batteries still charging and on screen said 4.29V! and 4.10V at which point I decided to ditch the test

IMG_1505.JPG
· Put them on the Nitecore D4 charger and they read 4.19V and 4.18V respectively

IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1507.JPG

So take from this what you will for me I think I’ll stick to external charging unless I’m in a pinch.

On a positive note my batteries do seem to have excellent battery life in comparison to some of my other dual battery mods. I reached out to Aspire they told me chip efficiency is 95%

Things I Feel Could Be Improved

1. Screen is a fingerprint magnet.
2. Mod gets bit slippery if you spill juice on it or have any on your hands.
3. Battery door needs to be flush when closed.
4. Small 1mm gap between atomiser base and the deck
5. Low battery cut off could be a little bit higher than 2.99v (firmware update could fix this).
6. Hits a little soft under 75W.
7. Charging is all over the place at least on the screen. But seems to do ok after putting batteries on D4.
8. Discharge seems to favour one battery over the other at least to start with (battery door?)
9. Temp control didn’t kick me out when using Kanthal coils

Things I Feel It Does Well

1. Great styling and paintwork is excellent
2. Very comfortable to use and hold, button layout is perfect.
3. Has a really good weight to it
4. 510 is quality stable readings throughout my testing
5. All modes work really well and offers every mode available on a regulated mod.
6. Intuitive menu system
7. Excellent price point for what’s on offer
8. Tactile buttons and next to no rattling
9. Automatic Screen orientation
10. Batteries seem to last a lot longer than some of my other mods.
11. Instant on and ready to go
12. Screen is nice and bright even in daylight

Final Speeder Mod Conclusion

In case you can’t tell so far or just skipped straight to end I really like the Speeder! It’s got everything on here and manages to do it all well (apart from janky charging)not bad considering so many other mods seem to fall short in one thing or another. It’s comfortable and intuitive to use and lately I’ve found myself reaching for it over my SX Q mini I’ve enjoyed using it that much. Ok it doesn’t offer the bells and whistles of the YiHi but then why would it, it’s a third of the price! Yes it’s onboard charging seems a little all over the place but I don’t care about that because I always externally charge anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to read the chronicles of the speeder! I hope this information serves you well until next time.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@KingPin! Great read. Looking at the Speeder for my cousin, Meg likes a sidebar fire. Curious if you are still using the device. Also looking at the Wismec Ravage, but think she would prefer the Speeder's rounded shape. Sidebar pickings are slim if you remove Smok from the willing to recommend list.:teehee:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin! Great read. Looking at the Speeder for my cousin, Meg likes a sidebar fire. Curious if you are still using the device. Also looking at the Wismec Ravage, but think she would prefer the Speeder's rounded shape. Sidebar pickings are slim if you remove Smok from the willing to recommend list.:teehee:

Thank you very much :hug:

This is the most comfortable mod I have ever used it’s now 6 months old and works as good as new :bliss:

...my wife uses it as her daily driver being I’ve had to use other mods in my rounds of testing the battery door is still fine and she finds it very comfortable to use too ;)

Fortunately she has an atty that suits the grey, but it can be hard to get mix n match with that colour so I’d say go for the white or black versions instead :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh I should mention as we’ll Aspire contacted me during the Skystar release to inform me there was a new firmware update for the Speeder...it was to reduce its fire delay from 0.3s to 0.1s to match the Skystar, in addition they removed the changing of wattage as it heats on screen as some people found it confusing...to be honest I’m happy with the minor delay of the stock firmware because it allows me to access the menu without cooking to coil so haven’t bothered updating it

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Oh I should mention as we’ll Aspire contacted me during the Skystar release to inform me there was a new firmware update for the Speeder...it was to reduce its fire delay from 0.3s to 0.1s to match the Skystar, in addition they removed the changing of wattage as it heats on screen as some people found it confusing...to be honest I’m happy with the minor delay of the stock firmware because it allows me to access the menu without cooking to coil so haven’t bothered updating it
Thank you.:blowkiss:

VU Sponsors