Become a Patron!

ASPIRE TRITON 2 TANK

Doug.E.Fresh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any big differences between the first triton and this second generation triton that I'm missing? I see the top refill now unscrews instead of pressed with an o-ring and lack of the useless drip tip airflow in the first triton. It obviously has more glass (easier to clean I guess) but actually holds less juice (3 ml vs 3.5 ml). A slightly shorter height difference. The bottom airflow slots looks about same. I also saw aspire now has 0.5 ohm clapton pre-made coils. Any real reason to upgrade from triton 1 to triton 2?
YfXzfcvy5ISAhrdLfY6CPPUciosYOgzS5i4rU9lJG4Y

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The biggest problem I have had with my Triton coil was with the RTA. I like building my own coils but the juice flow holes don't seem to be big enough to allow for enough juice flow. I always got a burnt taste until today. I decided I was going to build a vertical coil for it and so far so good. It ended up being 0.5 ohm coil and so far so good. It took me a while to pack the cotton around the coil and was a little tedious but so far so good. I am running it a 30 watts on my Koopor Mini and it is blowing some nice clouds with good flavor. I will probably buy the Triton 2 for my new Koopor Plus when it makes it from China. I like the idea of being able to completly disassemble it for cleaning. Aspire tanks are well built IMHO and I like my Triton even more now.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Any big differences between the first triton and this second generation triton that I'm missing? I see the top refill now unscrews instead of pressed with an o-ring and lack of the useless drip tip airflow in the first triton. It obviously has more glass (easier to clean I guess) but actually holds less juice (3 ml vs 3.5 ml). A slightly shorter height difference. The bottom airflow slots looks about same. I also saw aspire now has 0.5 ohm clapton pre-made coils. Any real reason to upgrade from triton 1 to triton 2?
YfXzfcvy5ISAhrdLfY6CPPUciosYOgzS5i4rU9lJG4Y
I use the V1 and love it. I also have the sleeved replacement tank for mine.

I was actually wondering the same thing about the triton 2. I doesn't seem like any new ground is broken on the second iteration, but I'll probably buy it anyways. I love the first triton, I bought into the hype and picked up the Uwell Crown and was thoroughly disapointed. I switched back to my triton after a few days of use.

I had the first triton tank and loved it but hated the fact that I couldn't fully break it down to clean it I now have the triton 2 and love it its definitely a vast improvement over the old 1 and I think it looks fab overall it's a really really nice tank great vapour production and flavour best tank out at the moment I think hope that helps guys

aovor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to hear. I ordered one today and I've had enough leaky tanks.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire is going to snag me with this one. The new design features look killer. Does anybody know of a good deal for the Triton 2 tank? I'd also like to get the rebuildable head with it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
New tank difference is fixed up with the concerns of the v1. Can be fully broken down to clean and that about all I see as a difference...
TRITON-2.jpg

HTB13S.2JVXXXXXBXFXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Aspire is going to snag me with this one. The new design features look killer. Does anybody know of a good deal for the Triton 2 tank? I'd also like to get the rebuildable head with it.
If the RBA is like the one for the v1, I wouldn't spend the money for it.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All they seem to have done was redesign it so it can be properly taken apart for cleaning. I have the v1 and to be honest, I'm not overly impressed. My Silo Beast still blows it out of the water. As far as the RTA coil, I wouldn't know about wicking issues since all I build is verticals. Try fluffing the cotton ends before installing the coil into the RTA is what I would suggest. The small holes may be the culprit mostly if you wick the cotton thru them after installing the coil (which would choke the cotton preventing juice flow)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
All they seem to have done was redesign it so it can be properly taken apart for cleaning. I have the v1 and to be honest, I'm not overly impressed. My Silo Beast still blows it out of the water. As far as the RTA coil, I wouldn't know about wicking issues since all I build is verticals. Try fluffing the cotton ends before installing the coil into the RTA is what I would suggest. The small holes may be the culprit mostly if you wick the cotton thru them after installing the coil (which would choke the cotton preventing juice flow)
I prefer using the following in my Triton V1. I know there's the same looking RBA from a different manufacturer, with the same price. Don't remember who it was though.
https://www.vapordna.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SAURBA

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer using the following in my Triton V1. I know there's the same looking RBA from a different manufacturer, with the same price. Don't remember who it was though.
https://www.vapordna.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SAURBA
The Sega Tank RBA from Anyvape. Went thru 2 of them in my Silo Beast. Imo, hated it. The first one had the neg post come off (it's a separate piece held together my magic I guess) in the first week. Got the second one which lasted longer but building a vertical requires you to lose airflow (since you'll have to use a smaller diameter to fit) and no matter which way I build or how I wicked it, Leak-Central Station! Once I started using Triton RTA in my Beast I haven't had a leak since.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds like rebuilding the prebuilt vertical heads may be a better option than using the RBA. Thanks for all the advice guys.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sounds like rebuilding the prebuilt vertical heads may be a better option than using the RBA. Thanks for all the advice guys.
ive actually found that building the RTA is better than rebuilding the pre-builts. I use to rebuild those before the RTA came out.

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

EDIT:

No need to answer the question i asked, found it elsewhere, won't be getting further notifications from this thread.
Thx

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Sega Tank RBA from Anyvape. Went thru 2 of them in my Silo Beast. Imo, hated it. The first one had the neg post come off (it's a separate piece held together my magic I guess) in the first week. Got the second one which lasted longer but building a vertical requires you to lose airflow (since you'll have to use a smaller diameter to fit) and no matter which way I build or how I wicked it, Leak-Central Station! Once I started using Triton RTA in my Beast I haven't had a leak since.
I'm using it with the replacement coils only now. I had the negative post bent, when I tried adjusting the coil's position. I think it's just a press "fit". I have plenty of other tanks that have a RBA, or are RBA only.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using it with the replacement coils only now. I had the negative post bent, when I tried adjusting the coil's position. I think it's just a press "fit". I have plenty of other tanks that have a RBA, or are RBA only.
Thats how it starts with that sega RBA. pretty soon that press "fit" becomes easily removable.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats how it starts with that sega RBA. pretty soon that press "fit" becomes easily removable.
I think, both are manufactured by the same Manufacturer. Just some cheap Chinese piece of crap!

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is another big difference for me. The depth of the filling well is made shallower than the Triton 1 and with bigger fill holes. Much easier to fill. I always had issues filling the Triton 1 with the standard plastic bottles. The well was about as deep as the bottle tip and those small holes added to the hassle. Getting rid of the top air flow holes is another plus for me. IMO, this one is what the first one should have been. Now if Aspire could only come up with a decent RBA (their current one sucks eggs), it would rock.

Last edited:

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I picked up 3 triton v2 to replace my v1 Atlantis tanks. I would have picked up a first gen triton but I didn't like the fact I couldn't break it down to clean. I love the new .5 ohm Clapton coils.

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk

The biggest problem I have had with my Triton coil was with the RTA. I like building my own coils but the juice flow holes don't seem to be big enough to allow for enough juice flow. I always got a burnt taste until today. I decided I was going to build a vertical coil for it and so far so good. It ended up being 0.5 ohm coil and so far so good. It took me a while to pack the cotton around the coil and was a little tedious but so far so good. I am running it a 30 watts on my Koopor Mini and it is blowing some nice clouds with good flavor. I will probably buy the Triton 2 for my new Koopor Plus when it makes it from China. I like the idea of being able to completly disassemble it for cleaning. Aspire tanks are well built IMHO and I like my Triton even more now.

That is great info. I wondered about building a vertical coil in the RTA and will try one now!

VU Sponsors