Become a Patron!

Aspire Triton Flooding at base

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had the Aspire Triton tank for around 2 weeks now, the problem that seems to keep happening is the e-liquid floods in the base underneath the coil and causes shorting and of course dry hits. I've tried tightening the coil into the base and the opposite (backing it out slightly) and problem still exists, this is a great tank otherwise, it clouds really well, and the SS coils give great flavor. HAs anyone else had this same problem with their tank?

Thanks In Advance

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to ask the obvious.
Do you close the bottom airhole before you fill?
Nope, that could be the issue my friend!! thanks for the reply!! I'm seeing others have had the same issue realtive to the coil heads. I will try this today when I refill, will give it a run under the water also to see if that helps.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't overkill the top to where it runs down the tube...I've done it a few times, juice to thick takes forever to go down the little hole and boom it runs in the middle down the center of the coil and out the side.....I'm not accusing yoh of doing that I just know I have done it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

lalaloopsie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, that could be the issue my friend!! thanks for the reply!! I'm seeing others have had the same issue realtive to the coil heads. I will try this today when I refill, will give it a run under the water also to see if that helps.

yes...i was shocked when i pulled out a 1.8ohm coil and there was NOTHING in the base! compared to the .4 where base was flooded...too bad cuz i prefer the .4's!

did closing off airflow ring make any difference?

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes...i was shocked when i pulled out a 1.8ohm coil and there was NOTHING in the base! compared to the .4 where base was flooded...too bad cuz i prefer the .4's!

did closing off airflow ring make any difference?

Tried this method, worked at first and then ended up flooding again. I have another Triton that does not flood though.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could have a bad O ring on the coil. All coils have a barely visible O ring on them. I just had a brand new coil that the O ring was there but it was half as fat as what it should have been. So it was a reject in the manufacturing process but they threw it on there anyway. Pulled one off an old coil and it was fine.

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could have a bad O ring on the coil. All coils have a barely visible O ring on them. I just had a brand new coil that the O ring was there but it was half as fat as what it should have been. So it was a reject in the manufacturing process but they threw it on there anyway. Pulled one off an old coil and it was fine.

Thanks Breazy, I'll try another coil and see what happens.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Don't throw that one out yet just in case the new one does the same thing. You can still use that one if it's not to old. If it does turn out to be the coil you might be able to switch O rings around and still use it.

lalaloopsie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the info guys...i have 2 tanks also so not sure if it was one in particular..or an o ring thing. will pay attention to those possibilities...

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. Don't throw that one out yet just in case the new one does the same thing. You can still use that one if it's not to old. If it does turn out to be the coil you might be able to switch O rings around and still use it.

Just looked into the base of the new Triton, flooded!!!. I've added an Atlantis V2 OCC coil to the Triton, I'll update this thread if there is flooding or no flooding. What made me look was I was starting to get dry hits from shorting possibly. Will keep you all posted!!!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool! Interested to find out what the outcome is

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool! Interested to find out what the outcome is

Just snapped a couple of photos of the Atlantis and Triton coils, check out the O-Ring material just above the threaded part, different material or maybe just a different color to match the black insulator on the bottom part? Not sure.

Atlantis and Triton coils.jpg

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a different color for identification purposes or for higher heat ? Here's another thing one has bigger holes so with thin juice it might overwick and flood. Maybe high VG juice will help ?

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe a different color for identification purposes or for higher heat ? Here's another thing one has bigger holes so with thin juice it might overwick and flood. Maybe high VG juice will help ?

Ya, the one on the left is a V1 Atlantis coil, could be why the wicking holes are smaller. I think the V2's have larger wicking holes, I'll try and dig one up and compare.

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Just realized, I misread your post :confused: yes, that's a good point for sure!!! over wicking!! may happen with the V2 coil as well, we'll get to the bottom of this one way or another eh?

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just checked the Triton base w/Aspire Atlantis V2 coil, flooded as well, but not as much as the Triton 0.4Ohm coil. Weather could have a bearing on this as it has been 104 Degrees here in Los Angeles County.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just going to say that ! Hot weather does thin the juice and make tanks flood more ! Left mine in the hot car and it wasn't flooded but I could tell there was a lot more juice in the coil. I use the High Voltage Matrix tank. Holds 5ml of juice and works well with Kanthal and Nickel coils

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello All,

Wanted to post a follow up on this, the tank continues to leak from the airflow holes and flood the base. I have purchased two of these tanks thinking that the original was a clone (which turns out it is not btw), these tanks just suck!! sorry for being blunt, but, I'm seeing a lot of posts on the Aspire forums with apologies from their customer service department, that's great!!! but what are they going to do about it??? having to do workarounds to make something work is senseless IMHO. I've read a lot of posts where there are some good ones out there that don't have the leaking problem, so, that tells me that not all experiences with this tank have been bad, I get it!! I wonder if anyone from Aspire browses these forums and reads the posts regarding their product woes? We'll see I guess. Thanks for allowing me to rant!! and vent!!! For now!! back to the Atlantis V2!!!!

Spyder

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My Triton 2 is doing the same thing! 2 out of 3 tanks just flooded sitting in atomizer seat and made a big mess on my desk. These are high VG juices...seems complete random when they just decide to leak out. Between the leaking and hard time removing the top to fill I'm ready to ditch these tanks.

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have been using the Triton 0.5 Clapton in the V2. Great for a day or two, then it floods the base (not leaking out through the AFC) and then I know burnt is coming next, even after I clean it out with a q-tip.

I ordered 2 individual Vaporesso cCell 0.9 coils to try next in the Atlantis V2/Herk/Starre. Other than that, running low on ideas for the V2. The 0.3 holds up, but the flavor (or lack thereof) is not worth the bother. I used ni200 when I had a cold last week, but I'd limit its' use to a cooler vape when throat is sore.

I'm assuming this is coil-related, not the difference between the Atlantis and Triton, due to the similar symptoms. However, I see comments that some are very happy using Atlantis coils in the Tobeco Super Tank, Silo Beast, Melo, etc..... so maybe the tank is a factor, not sure.

bubbatx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I used my triton regularly I had the same problem.
What worked for me?
Closing off the air holes when filling. Small strip of plumbers tape on threads at the base of the coil. Don't "suck" so hard when priming coils.

Everytime I have a coil that seems to leak I reach for my plumbers tape (aka thread tape). It helps seal up the threads for a better seal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors