Become a Patron!

Aspire Zelos Temp Control works with Kanthal

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
I was really wicking my Big Baby RBA earlier today and threw on my Smok baby beast with X4 coil. Kept the mod in TC-SS and asked for new coil and I said yes. Made a few adjustments and it worked. Watched the screen for 2-4 seconds fire to see if anything different was popping up. No errors, didn't jump out of TC into wattage. When initially firing in TC on the Zelos it gives a 87 degrees Fahrenheit reading when it's in SS and gives those fluctuations in real time, sometimes lower, sometimes hotter. Never over 130 degrees during the fire process. I keep my mod on 380-400 degrees. I'm not sure if the degrees popping up showing 130-50 is like a real time temp of the actual vaper coming out.

I always heard TC does not work with Kanthal and will kick you out of temp mode. When I get an error with an SS coil it reads 9.99 ohms than says no atomizer. This error has yet to pop up on the Smok Kanthal coils. Trying the same coils in wattage mode the vape is entirely different. Very noticeable, I get a few pops and a slow ramp up. Switching that Kanthal Smok X4 coil back into TC the vape is smooth, very fast ramp up, cooler vape but shorter more dense clouds with less effort. I think in the past pre 2017 especially everyone was like Kanthal won't work, mod will shut off, etc, can't be done. Seems like now Kanthal on TC might be the Street Bike can't hit 200 mph, most can't, some can, but still very possible.

I know Kanthal doesn't have a big resistance change but are we in the new dawn where 2017ish mods can do it. Even with a flat curve having a temp limit is still a great thing. I'm about 4 hours in with 6-8 vape sessions on the Smok X4 in TC. Haven't even went back to the RBA yet with SS coils.

Just curious everyone's thoughts. I'm getting a great vape out of it. Unless Smok is using some wire with some other metals built into the Kanthal enough for TC to work?

VU Sponsors