Become a Patron!

Atom Vapes gClapton coils

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried the Atom Vapes g Clapton coils? I have an Aspire Triton, and while it isn't horrible, I am just not real happy with the Aspire Coils. They seem to really mute the flavor and the cloud production is in my opinion, is just so so. I was wanting some opinions on the Atom Vapes coils before I went and wasted $25, on a potential train wreck.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which Aspire Trition coils are you using? I have a .3 going in my Starre tank and so far its great. As for the Atom Vapes Coil...

Best to avoid

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im using the .4 ohm coil at 30 watts, in my Triton, righ now. I have an eleaf iStick 50watt, so the .3 ohm would kill my battery. I have read a lot of mixed reviews about the Atom Vapes coil, and I'm just trying to optimize what I'm using until I can afford what I want.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you are better off with the battery killer for now. Did you watch the video? Those wires are very suspect

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think you are better off with the battery killer for now. Did you watch the video? Those wires are very suspect
I'll give them a shot, Aspire also has a Clapton for the Triton V2 that I'm gonna give a try as well. Both run high watts 35-50. I did watch the video and it deterred me. Thanks for your input.

monstamat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
got one for my kangertech mini. first couple days the juice tasted a little funny, like a slight chem taste. it went away though and the clouds and taste are no different that the regular .5 ohm ovc coils. i paid $15 for 2 of these coils. unless they last for a month i will feel ripped off.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
got one for my kangertech mini. first couple days the juice tasted a little funny, like a slight chem taste. it went away though and the clouds and taste are no different that the regular .5 ohm ovc coils. i paid $15 for 2 of these coils. unless they last for a month i will feel ripped off.
I have always heard that the Kanger had great flavor and decent cloud production. The Apire Triton SS stock coils are not very good. The flavor is muted and the cloud production is minimal. I bought the Aspire Claptons and they are amazing in comparison to the SS, but with the Kanger all you did was trade one Kanthal coil for a different type of Kanthal coil, so I imagine that you haven't noticed a big difference other than a little cloud production, and a nasty flavor for 2 days. Sorry you had to experience that. I really do appreciate the confirmation that these are Bad coils.
I would stop using them if it were me and just count my loss.

Soundslikesight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Terrible coils. Bought some kanger coils when they first dropped and they are total shit. Kanger is one of the few companies that uses a cotton that doesn't taste like trash till you cook through whatever impurities or factory oils come in most companies coils. These showy gold coils use a terrible cotton that takes a long ass time to begin tasting decent and once it does, it's no better than the factory kanger coils.
There's a USA based company called vaporwerx USA that makes a bunch of well built coils. I've tried their kanger verticals and the aspire double stack horizontals and while I didn't love the aspire coils, the kanger coils were very good indeed. Pure cotton and a quality build. I don't fault em for the double horozontals being weak because i haven't seen a company been able to do them well in a pre built. That said they were better than the others I've tried.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You should feel ripped off no matter how long it last.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Terrible coils. Bought some kanger coils when they first dropped and they are total shit. Kanger is one of the few companies that uses a cotton that doesn't taste like trash till you cook through whatever impurities or factory oils come in most companies coils. These showy gold coils use a terrible cotton that takes a long ass time to begin tasting decent and once it does, it's no better than the factory kanger coils.
There's a USA based company called vaporwerx USA that makes a bunch of well built coils. I've tried their kanger verticals and the aspire double stack horizontals and while I didn't love the aspire coils, the kanger coils were very good indeed. Pure cotton and a quality build. I don't fault em for the double horozontals being weak because i haven't seen a company been able to do them well in a pre built. That said they were better than the others I've tried.
The Aspire .5 ohm Claptons are decent coils. They take about a day and a half to start tasting right, but once they break in they rock for the better part of 2 weeks, which is more than I can say for the Stainless Aspire coils. At the recommended wattage they suck, so you end up running 13-15 watts higher to compensate 40-45 watts on the .4 ohm Stainless.

kyler666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard the Gclaptons were terrible but I don't know just what I heard they just look good from what I hear I haven't personally used them

VU Sponsors