Become a Patron!

Atomizer short on RX200S.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody else get the "atomizer short" message on their RX200S sometimes? I have to pull a battery and re insert it for the message to go away. Is this a problem with the 510 connector? Or just buggy software that could be fixed with an update?

EDIT: I'll elaborate a bit. If I shut off my mod, then remove a tank and swap it for another, (or even put the same one back on) it says atomizer short until I pull a battery.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My RX200S is the worst but all my Joyetech chipped devices have the same problem. Joyetech seems to be ignoring the problem.
A bunch of people replaced the 510 but nobody has posted that it fixed the problem. I also know folks who have no problems with theirs.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RX200S is the worst but all my Joyetech chipped devices have the same problem. Joyetech seems to be ignoring the problem.
A bunch of people replaced the 510 but nobody has posted that it fixed the problem. I also know folks who have no problems with theirs.
So it's a problem with the board? I hope mine doesn't get stuck on atomizer short permanently. It's weird that pulling a battery and replacing it seems to work!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
305c43dfa6b60074dd0579479909efac.jpg
You're right..I've never had a problem with the 510 pins on either mod.. Had the black RX200 since the day it got released (1yr ago ??) and the cuyan RX200S for about 6 mos..
Both fire all my subtanks and RTA's perfectly..tanks sit flush too..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
305c43dfa6b60074dd0579479909efac.jpg
You're right..I've never had a problem with the 510 pins on either mod.. Had the black RX200 since the day it got released (1yr ago ??) and the cuyan RX200S for about 6 mos..
Both fire all my subtanks and RTA's perfectly..tanks sit flush too..

You're one of the lucky ones. Mine fixes with the battery thing I mentioned, but it's annoying that mine does that at all :/ if it starts doing it more often, I'll probably be getting a new mod. Don't really want to because I love my RX!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're one of the lucky ones. Mine fixes with the battery thing I mentioned, but it's annoying that mine does that at all :/ if it starts doing it more often, I'll probably be getting a new mod. Don't really want to because I love my RX!
What tank are your running on it?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An original Uwell Crown. I'm getting a Crown 2 really soon here, just waiting for it to ship.
Does the crown vape on another mod OK? could be the crown itself causing problems maybe...it makes no sense that I have no problems and you having a short issue with the same mod..
You got another tank you could try on the RX?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the crown vape on another mod OK? could be the crown itself causing problems maybe...it makes no sense that I have no problems and you having a short issue with the same mod..
You got another tank you could try on the RX?

It Vapes fine on my Tesla Two. Never gave me an issue there. It's my only sub tank, I'll check it out when I get my Crown 2 and see if that changes anything. As for that sale that was just mentioned........ If I ordered it from ecig.com, will it be an authentic one with a security code? Can anyone vouch for them? I bought my mod and charger from them, but never a tank.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really don't think it's a tank problem. I have an RDA that lives on the mod and it will randomly throw the error. The same for my other 3 Joyetech chipped mods that all have Tanks/RBA's that live on them. they all do it to some extent. The RX200S is the worst and the Pico hardly ever... but it has done it. The resistance reads zero ... pop out a battery and it works again. I've bought the RX200S when it first came out and it works well for the most part. I have among others 6 DNA mods and 2 SXmini's and there the only mods that give me no problems at all so that's all I'll buy now. I should mention that I do TC mostly.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It Vapes fine on my Tesla Two. Never gave me an issue there. It's my only sub tank, I'll check it out when I get my Crown 2 and see if that changes anything. As for that sale that was just mentioned........ If I ordered it from ecig.com, will it be an authentic one with a security code? Can anyone vouch for them? I bought my mod and charger from them, but never a tank.
I buy from ecig all the time and once when I had a problem they took care of it right away. Good company in my book

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's the shitty 510 they use. Some guys get it replaced others just buy a new RX. There's a guy on Fb that makes a living replacing 510's and rewiring this mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy from ecig all the time and once when I had a problem they took care of it right away. Good company in my book
Well, they should be a good company, I got my RX200S from them as well as an Efest Luc Blu6! Great products for a great price. I'm wary of buying Uwell's products anywhere else though, fakes everywhere! I ordered a Crown on eBay one time (there's the mistake, I know lol) and I got a clone tank that didn't even fire.......

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the shitty 510 they use. Some guys get it replaced others just buy a new RX. There's a guy on Fb that makes a living replacing 510's and rewiring this mod.

Welp, if this RX goes out on me, what's another good 3 cell regulated mod that's decently priced? Is it okay to use the same married set of batteries or should I buy new ones with a new mod?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welp, if this RX goes out on me, what's another good 3 cell regulated mod that's decently priced? Is it okay to use the same married set of batteries or should I buy new ones with a new mod?
Lots of people here like the Triade but it's significantly more expensive than the RX and it's a DNA. A lot of RX users like the Maxo as well but that has 4 batteries. There's also the Istick 200w but it probably has the same 510 issues. The there's the Battlestar as well. You can use the same 3 batteries in another mod as long as they stay together.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8c9c9bff59cae5b5310e9d1f3aa7d049.jpg

I like my 300w Koopor Primus
b6fa566bbfded6a94ebd71d22df6207d.jpg
Has TC, and uses three batts as you see here..the batts are installed parallel and for some reason I get better batt life from this mod than the RX running the same .15 ohm coil at the same 125w...got mine from VapeNW for
$45....good 510 too!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of people here like the Triade but it's significantly more expensive than the RX and it's a DNA. A lot of RX users like the Maxo as well but that has 4 batteries. There's also the Istick 200w but it probably has the same 510 issues. The there's the Battlestar as well. You can use the same 3 batteries in another mod as long as they stay together.

Battlestar looks like a neat mod, does it only use 2 18650s? The others on the list are pretty high priced! Anything with a DNA board is crazy lol

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8c9c9bff59cae5b5310e9d1f3aa7d049.jpg

I like my 300w Koopor Primus
b6fa566bbfded6a94ebd71d22df6207d.jpg
Has TC, and uses three batts as you see here..the batts are installed parallel and for some reason I get better batt life from this mod than the RX running the same .15 ohm coil at the same 125w...got mine from VapeNW for
$45....good 510 too!

Wow that mods looks kinda rough around the edges, probably the closest thing I've seen to the RX200 though, 3 batteries and regulated. Looks like an option actually! Does it matter that this is a parallel mod? Is amp draw calculated the same as an RX200? (series mods in general)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that mods looks kinda rough around the edges, probably the closest thing I've seen to the RX200 though, 3 batteries and regulated. Looks like an option actually! Does it matter that this is a parallel mod? Is amp draw calculated the same as an RX200? (series mods in general)
That's a good question....all I know the batts go in the same with all three + at the top..how it's really wired I don't truly know...I do know it vapes great and batt life is better than my RX mods..It has a preheat setting from 1-5 to ramp up before taking a toke...I really like that feature because I get a good vape on the first pull every time.. Although it's rated at 300w I seldom vape over 150w, and that dosen't put a hard load on the chip...looking rough? Hmmm.... actually it's not rough at all..Batt cover has two big magnets at the bottom and a slide-in tab at the top..no battery door rattle either..whole mod is stainless and smooth in the hand...seems like a well built mod all the way around...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

cbrdrgn2911

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Cubis from Joytech was Ok until I downloaded the latest firmware update. Then it would not read my coils right. Talked to Joyetch and they will do nothing about it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Cubis from Joytech was Ok until I downloaded the latest firmware update. Then it would not read my coils right. Talked to Joyetch and they will do nothing about it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Good news that it's firmware, bad news that they don't give a damn. I hope they eventually come out with an update for all devices that fixes this short issue!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good question....all I know the batts go in the same with all three + at the top..how it's really wired I don't truly know...I do know it vapes great and batt life is better than my RX mods..It has a preheat setting from 1-5 to ramp up before taking a toke...I really like that feature because I get a good vape on the first pull every time.. Although it's rated at 300w I seldom vape over 150w, and that dosen't put a hard load on the chip...looking rough? Hmmm.... actually it's not rough at all..Batt cover has two big magnets at the bottom and a slide-in tab at the top..no battery door rattle either..whole mod is stainless and smooth in the hand...seems like a well built mod all the way around...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
It may actually be my next mod......... I'm looking at it, and it's kinda neat! Wismec's last firmware update added preheat to the RX mods as well, I never used it really.

VU Sponsors