Become a Patron!

Atomizer tastes like sh*t, replaced coils/cotton/everything!!! Plz Help

Hello, so just today my atomizer (RDA) started acting up and tasting like straight burnt doo doo. I first took the cotton out and checked the coils which seemed like it was the issue. I re wicked it and still burnt doo doo... I replaced the coils 3 times (1 time was pre made coils so you can't mess that up) and it still tastes like doo doo. I have 3 atomizers and I do my own coils and the other ones are perfectly fine. I'm using a mephisto atomizer and I'm completely dumbfounded. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I am using low watts when first useing atomizer to check the taste and I have re wicked and re coiled all my other atomizers and everything is fine but this one...

Lastly I've used this atomizer for a week and a half now and never had any problem till just now out of the blue

FIXED! Idk how the smell stuck on the top of my atomizer but i just cleaned off the top (smelled nauseating) and its good as new :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Mike, yea sometimes the factory oils and new materials can leave a taste on the parts of the heads and coils when first used, most folks will give them a good cleaning and then use them, others find that the bad taste wears off after some use, glad to see you are all set now:)
Welcome to VU, enjoy the forum:)

VU Sponsors