Become a Patron!

Aug 8th advocacy

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
His points are valid, and I would be asking questions too.
The only unknown is what other information is being provided beyond the members portal of the SFATA site.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
roger that! I cant help but see a lot of similarities with government wasteful spending when I see that resort. I get flashbacks to the stories of government officials on private islands partying like its 1999.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
His points are valid, and I would be asking questions too.
The only unknown is what other information is being provided beyond the members portal of the SFATA site.
this is what I think of when I saw the resort that they are having the meeting
ht_wine_tub_2_jef_120416_wblog.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...tub-at-m-hotel-during-pre-conference-meeting/

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for putting this thread together bro.

I also agree that accountability at this stage is very much in order! I won't go so far to say that "nothing" is being done. TBH, I don't even know what the hell SFATA was. It's almost like this group is here to serve as a repository for data for others to do the actual fighting :).

What I would like to see is more info, as mentioned in the second video about the success and the failures! Accountability.

I would also like to see the major organizations serving as a true hub for the many local advocacy groups "grassroot" folks that are showing up to state government, not "spas" lol. Seriously, There are folks actually working and the classic case of 2-3 big Orgs are the barometer of success or failure.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, now you see what the other point of view is....

he did explain it better in the second video, but look at where the donation money is going???
I donate my money, and these vendor companies that are trying to stay in business have the trade organization using the donation money given to help them to take a vacation??

really?

if it were me in business, I would be happy to have this meeting at a lions hall in Podunk Alabama, just help me stay in business. Instead this organization who in three years hasn't set up a chapter in all 50 states, is going to live it up.

ive been saying it for 3 years now, the government doesn't have to work hard to shut us down, in a lot of ways we are our own worst enemy.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For sho bro. That I feel. Not starting an argument here, but this is precisely what I was asking about initially? I asked "which groups" to which I was told "all of them"... lol. That's very different because I am a part of groups here in Sacramento and the Bay Area that are actively doing stuff at supreme low cost, except for time.

I went to my local BM yesterday to get the scoop from his perspective and he expressed some of the same frustrations with the larger orgs, however this dude is solid and has been a great figure for many other BMs and organizes and get the word out. That article I referenced yesterday is the kind of work that he's helped me get involved with.

I ain't about paying to a large org with tons of overhead just to get the smallest presence....I feel that completely!

Ha ha.. you are right...if I was a owner, there would be no way that I'm meeting at the Trump Tower of Spas in "Hollywood" Florida...WTF???

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For sho bro. That I feel. Not starting an argument here, but this is precisely what I was asking about initially? I asked "which groups" to which I was told "all of them"... lol. That's very different because I am a part of groups here in Sacramento and the Bay Area that are actively doing stuff at supreme low cost, except for time.

I went to my local BM yesterday to get the scoop from his perspective and he expressed some of the same frustrations with the larger orgs, however this dude is solid and has been a great figure for many other BMs and organizes and get the word out. That article I referenced yesterday is the kind of work that he's helped me get involved with.

I ain't about paying to a large org with tons of overhead just to get the smallest presence....I feel that completely!

Ha ha.. you are right...if I was a owner, there would be no way that I'm meeting at the Trump Tower of Spas in "Hollywood" Florida...WTF???

federally we have the three mentioned in the video that are generally referred to as "all of them"
and when we are talking about advocacy, in this instance we are usually talking federally.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No wonder the vape vendors I have talked to about the deeming regs are in a disarray

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This gizza is 100% correct. I heard of CASSA & SFAFA from YouTube reviewers not fom the organizations themselves. I have not seen nor heard what they have done either. Again the blackout day l heard from YT reviews also. OK CASSA only has one full time employee, but SFAFA does need to show accountability. As for vape shops they should read 5051 stick post. His finger is on the pulse.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This video addresses the Big Lou videos starting at the 1:03 and goes to 1:16 . Just thought people may be interested.
Thanks for posting this. Matt ( Suck My Mod) did a great job of expressing the complexity of the situation. He also did a much better job of articulating what I have been trying to say- there are less publicized successes that are happening in other States.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the people in "those states may know?
so out of the 26 states that sfata is in, can anyone point to something they did?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the people in "those states may know?
so out of the 26 states that sfata is in, can anyone point to something they did?
I think being in only 26 states at this point falls short of my expectations...If I'm understanding what Matt said in the video, Safata is a members only org catering to shop owners as we all know. They report to those members. We may never truly know what they are doing. I do agree that they should be more transparent none the less. Maybe we have "members" here on the forum that could chime in.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yes, that was indeed me that said "all of them" in the other thread and I still stand by that statement. None of the advocacy groups have been the least bit transparent about how much money they have collected, what they are doing with the money, and what the results are. Yet they still want us to donate money. Again, they have no motivation to find a permanent solution. It behooves them to have a perpetual fight because its the sole reason they exist. The advocacy groups were born out of the FDA regulations. Their motivation is not altruistic or even motivated by money. At the very least a vape shop, juice company, or mod manufacturer is in it for the belief in vaping, the money, or both. Those are the people that are motivated to take the fight to the FDA. Like I said before, the only way a real solutuion is reached is if one of the lawsuits from the juice companies or mod manufacturers actually prevail or at the ballot box. Advocacy groups will not be the hero you want them to be. Let your representatives know you vape and vote. If you can't find out where they actually stand on vaping then at the very least vote for the candidate that is for less regulation in your life.

Before I get accused of having devine, gnostic knowledge or telling people how they should vote I would like to clarify that these are indeed my opinions. For the people that can't seem to notice the difference, I have no inside knowledge or any type of clairvoyance on this subject. The above opinions are simply that, opinions I have formed over a lifetime of living and owning a business in the most beauracratic city in the world.

Oh one other thing, I wouldn't refer to the resort as the Trump Tower of spas. The organization holding the event seems to be more closely aligned with the Clinton Foundation due to their severe lack of transparency.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
just read ....
Phil Busardo teamed with Molecule labs to start his juice line... Molecule labs is owned by altria- the parent company of Phillip Morris.

so did Busardo sell out?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
just read ....
Phil Busardo teamed with Molecule labs to start his juice line... Molecule labs is owned by altria- the parent company of Phillip Morris.

so did Busardo sell out?

Joe's rant about big-name vapers and juice companies selling out to BT and closed systems on Mod Envy last night is worth a watch

Now people are starting to panic

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Joe's rant about big-name vapers and juice companies selling out the bt and closed systems on Mod Envy last night is worth a watch

didn't watch it...
its past panic time though

I hear busardo is in bed with all of the companies trying to roll us over too

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Let's just say some of the big names in vaping who have been preaching "don't panic, don't hoard or bother to stock up" may be changing their tune some.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Joe's rant about big-name vapers and juice companies selling out to BT and closed systems on Mod Envy last night is worth a watch

Link?

Lol, on the other thread I told people to stock up and I got accused of fear mongering.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
didn't watch it...
its past panic time though

I hear busardo is in bed with all of the companies trying to roll us over too
You are correct. Kanger is one of the companies investing in the closed system.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was surprised seeing people saying, "how is he a sellout?" on the show last night. How is he not selling out?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was most surprised by some discounting Nitro saying that he talked the Heaven's Gifts and they said some of their packages to customers had been intercepted coming into the U.S.

While I agree that customs will not be able to intercept every single bit of what will be deemed contraband, they can intercept a lot of it at an economic loss to the consumer.

Plus, not every vaper is going to want to put themselves into the position of going to the gray market, which walks the line on legality and comes with a risk of losing your purchase.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm more interested in avoiding that becoming the norm.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm more interested in avoiding that becoming the norm.

I agree

That's what the advocacy groups should be doing.

Now it appears huge numbers of the juice companies are just selling out rather than fighting

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anthony Abboud is the leader of the VTA. The guy is a slimeball politician. Google him and find out. The Rod Blagojevich trial and conviction ring any bells?

VTA member Ron Tully, who owns Pharmanic is advocating for closed systems that can only be used with his nicotine but at the same time he is collecting money from open system eliquid manufacturers. Guess who is a major investor in Pharmanic? Altria.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, its true... we are going to eat our own as a massive cash grab

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now, now guys stop that. You are fear mongering and if you're not careful the VT133 police will be here soon. You've been warned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I prefer to call it being minimally observant
Yes, unfortunately to many vapers appear way to comfortable to just bury their heads in the sand. They are so sensitive about rules, regulations, politics, and freedom of speech that you can't even have an intelligent conversation with them. They start crying and whining looking for their safe space. When things are so polarized politically that an open and honest conversation can not be had then the government has won. Just look at the mess we are in right now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, unfortunately to many vapers appear way to comfortable to just bury their heads in the sand. They are so sensitive about rules, regulations, politics, and freedom of speech that you can't even have an intelligent conversation with them. They start crying and whining looking for their safe space. When things are so polarized politically that an open and honest conversation can not be had then the government has won. Just look at the mess we are in right now.

well... I find the best way to get through is to let people come to the realization themselves.
some people never will. - that's just the way they are.
Most people, when confronted will either want to argue for the sake of arguing, or will not believe you anyway.
The wonderful thing about facts, is that they are inarguable.

the only pro argument I have seen was the video from suck my mod, where it was statements to the effect of "there are lots of things happening locally"
-- NO ONE SAID THERE WERENT-- WHAT IS HAPPENING FEDERALLY?
APPARANTLY ALOT OF SHIT I DIDNT KLNOW ABOUT UNTIL THE LAST 24 HOURS.

we have been apparently played for fools, and have been paying for it the whole time

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The old adage is true, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

Besides, I guess some people just prefer the taste of Kool Aid. Lol.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This whole thing has me frothing at the mouth in a pissed off frenzy. I admit, i liked the banter between PB and pink slime. My eyes are open now. It would seem that we were hung out to dry. I just watched the entire Mod Envy show(I really need to watch it more). Very interesting convo they had going. I feel like this forum is my only haven against all the BSing going on. I have been a mushy skeptic before, now it's hard core skeptic for me. You want me to believe something? Show me...

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few months ago Pbasardo quit his job to work in the industry full time. When I heard him say that I was kinda surprised considering the regulations were all but a sure thing. At the time I figured he had to either know something we didn't about the regulations working out in the industries favor or he had joined the darkside. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the later.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors