Become a Patron!

Authentic Luxyoun Smaug 150watt for $119 Shipped OBO!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Unik Mod at 150Watt with a single 18650 could be potentially dangerous... I wouldn't want anything over 100watt running on a single 18650! Read up on this a little bit more... before you come in my thread and Hijack it with misinformation! First of all the product is not the Unik mod and is the Smaug Mod which does run on dual 18650 batteries! Luxyoun is made by the MAIN PRODUCTION MANAGER AND ENGINEER from Segelei which is the highest rated box mod on the market! Also the same product your bashing (UNIK MOD) has actually received excellent reviews from Todds Reviews and others! The Danger lies in running a single 18650 battery at 150Watt... and again this product runs on dual 18650's! That is also why I only choose to sell the Unik mod in up to 100watts running on the single 18650 battery!

I know you were trying to sell the Smaug Mod which is a dual 18650 box.
It also seems very nice.
As a seller of these products you can understand why a high wattage mod needs dual 18650's.

They already have the V2 (Unik 150 Watt mod with dual 18650;s) up and the V1's haven't even hit the market yet.
They really shouldn't be sold at all and should just be scrapped.

All it's going to take is one person to put a cheap ICR 'trustfire' battery in one of those things then vaping is ruined for all of us.

The boxes are nice looking too with the wood and all but every one of them is big enough to fit the extra battery in there so why not?
Hell, I would replace my 30 watt box with another 30 watt box that had 2 batteries in it.

I can't even imagine 100 watts with one battery.
The IPV V2 is 50 watts and I pretty much keep it plugged in 24/7

By the way I wasn't trying to smear your company or a company who's products you sell.
I just reposted that information from another forum.

It seemed kind of important with trying to draw that many amps from a battery that couldn't handle it by itself.

Especially with these rewrapped, just plain old junk (anything 'fire') and fake batteries floating around.

I'll be keeping and eye out for that V2 because once the reviews come in and the kinks get worked out it really looks nice and I would love to have a wood box like that :)

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be ordering the Unik V2 from now on either way and have not sold the Original Unik... I only use it for my own personal use and am running a purple efest and VTC5 in it. Batts I will be placing the order very soon for the Unik V2, should I count you in for one? The MOQ is 5 on the Unik 2 so I will have to put up the money or do a pre-order on these...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will be ordering the Unik V2 from now on either way and have not sold the Original Unik... I only use it for my own personal use and am running a purple efest and VTC5 in it. Batts I will be placing the order very soon for the Unik V2, should I count you in for one? The MOQ is 5 on the Unik 2 so I will have to put up the money or do a pre-order on these...

So you would need to run a pre-order or a regular order when they come out.
You need to have at least 5 of them sold in order to make the purchase?
Maybe you can find enough people on here that want one.
I really like the idea of a wood box mod.
Especially one with plenty of power and dual batteries.

Will the dual battery version be able to be charged by USB cord or will the USB jack just be for upgrades?

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Smaug and Unik V2 both allow charging via USB. I have one smaug Sold, and 2 Unik V2 sold already and I will probably order myself an Unik V2. I would put up the money however PayPal is still holding onto some of mine from the last sale, so I will probably do a pre-order and will have item at your door within 7-10 days. If I place the order on Monday I will have the product in my hand Friday and can ship it off that afternoon.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Damnit i am still debating the smaug, now the woodie... FFFUUUU

I'm not a real big fan of single batt mods. I use too much power for a single batt.

Matter of fact, I have a single batt unregulated I'll be selling soon. I just don't use it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Smaug runs from .3 ohms all the way up to 5 Ohms my friend... Not .3 - .5! The whole point on the regulated boxes is you do not have to coil that low because the voltage can be adjusted up to 17 volts to make the wattage. I Do wish it went down to .2 but .3 of an Ohm is plenty low when you have that much wattage available.
.3 why that is not an upgrade at all if the Yihi 330 board that the IPV V3 and the Sigelei 150watt use can do .1 -3+ ohms it would be silly for anyone to even consider this mod it falls into the same disappointment category as the SMY god mod and the new SMY box mod.. some of us want to play with low ohms just because we can no real reason no rhyme. I would never buy this

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Smaug and Unik V2 both allow charging via USB. I have one smaug Sold, and 2 Unik V2 sold already and I will probably order myself an Unik V2. I would put up the money however PayPal is still holding onto some of mine from the last sale, so I will probably do a pre-order and will have item at your door within 7-10 days. If I place the order on Monday I will have the product in my hand Friday and can ship it off that afternoon.

I'd just like to note here, something.

I will NEVER charge a device that has "series" batteries, via USB port. I have an I4 for a reason, and I don't feel it's safe to charge a device that has series batteries, via a USB charger.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
YiHi is only playing nice with Sigelei and Pioneer4You when it comes to the YiHi SX330 V3 series chip.
They do sell the YiHi SX350 to anybody though.

The Smaug Mod (and/or the Unik V1 & V2 correction may be needed though) has an SX1500 chip I think.
You can google "SX1500" if you want info on that chip.
It is NOT a YiHi chip though.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The standard Unik has an SX1000. I will have to ask Michael about it when he wakes up when it comes to the Unik V2 and Smaug. They are 13 hours ahead of us so it is Saturday night over there. From what he was telling me before it is very similar to the YiHi SX family of chips but I will ask him for more details on this... According to a couple of the sites that sell the Smaug it is listed as an SX350 however I want to make sure this is the case. I don't think it is the SX1500 though and the reason I say that is because the SX1500 is in the Cloupor T8 and it does not truly put out 150watts. I have personally tested the Smaug and it did put out the correct wattage as advertised... I also believe there is a video online showing this.

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Smaug 150 watt testing...

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FreeMind the Smaug will allow you to place the batteries in Series or Parallel! You will see what I am talking about when you open up the box it will show you which direction to place the second 18650 to make it in parallel or in series. ;-) I hope this helps...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FreeMind the Smaug will allow you to place the batteries in Series or Parallel! You will see what I am talking about when you open up the box it will show you which direction to place the second 18650 to make it in parallel or in series. ;-) I hope this helps...
Check your e-mail.
We have a problem at this point with the box.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just responded to your message Freemind and my apologies for not responding sooner, I just woke up from a nap. I hope this resolves your issue! I will run another test with my next batch with the batteries in parallel and take a video of it for you guys...

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Michael about the chipset in the Smaug and it is a SX1500 however it is their own chip and not the same as the SX1500 in the Cloupor T8. I am glad everything is working good for you now Freemind...

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those interested in placing an order for the Smaug, Unik V2 or any other Luxyoun product please send me a message as I would like to get the order placed ASAP! I will do the Smaug and Unik V2 for the $109.99 Shipped to your door... I have to pay the shipping from China then from me to you but it will all be included in the $109.99! These as excellent little boxes for a great price....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Why do they cost so much? I just bought a smaug for $75 shipped

Could you keep us posted on how it works and would you recommend buying it to a fellow vaper?
Check it out for a couple weeks and come back and let us know so that way if anybody checks this thread in the future they can get an idea on if it's a good buy or not?

BTW, My name is Tom welcome to the forum :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Could you keep us posted on how it works and would you recommend buying it to a fellow vaper?
Check it out for a couple weeks and come back and let us know so that way if anybody checks this thread in the future they can get an idea on if it's a good buy or not?

I posted my initial thoughts in another thread.

I've been using the Smaug for about a week now, and it is still working. It still has a squeak or buzz at 50 watts running my Billow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It will be about a week or so until i get it but I will let y'all know

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am anxiously awaiting my smaug 150 and sony batteries. I will let you all know my initial thoughts and post an unboxing when it arrives around February 10th. Mine cost $85.00
On a side note it is the dual 18650 mod

On a side side note... This will be my first replaceable battery mod and I ordered these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27175930776...49&var=570589469776&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Let me know what you guys think. Are they the right batteries???

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I PERSONALLY WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING ANYTHING LUXYOUN! I Recommend Everyone stay away from anything Luxyoun! Freemind if you are not happy with your Smaug I will do whatever I can personally to make it up to you! The LUXYOUN PRODUCTS ARE ABSOLUTE JUNK! I have had my unik for less than a month and it has already failed! I would have to put on a higher than .5 ohm RDA everytime I would change the battery otherwise I would receive a short protection error! Now no matter I screw into the Unik it will no longer fire and gives me Short Protection warnings! I contacted Luxyoun about this and they will do nothing to resolve the situation and was more than rude with me!

I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING LUXYOUN!

I am just glad I did not send them the $2,000 check last week for products for my shop! Especially after seeing how they deal with customer service!

Were else can I post to warn people about Luxyoun Products 5150? I want to make sure nobody else has the same experience I did with their products!

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamry has some nice stuff in the works and I am looking into producing my own 200watt mod based on the Raptor 200watt builds...

Richard Mason

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No problem. here. if the price point in good maybe we can do some business. Looking for a solid 200 watt or up mod, American. No junk. please pm me. I have been following these thread. Thanks.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no now im super stressed about my purchase!!! btw its the blue one @freemind. i hope i get a nice one oh im hoping!!! flynic3 what the hell happened i thought seg split and were making these now... eerg
well i will keep you all posted on it. the seller states that i have a warranty on it. heres to hoping the vape Gods are smiling upon me.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I PERSONALLY WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING ANYTHING LUXYOUN! I Recommend Everyone stay away from anything Luxyoun! Freemind if you are not happy with your Smaug I will do whatever I can personally to make it up to you! The LUXYOUN PRODUCTS ARE ABSOLUTE JUNK! I have had my unik for less than a month and it has already failed! I would have to put on a higher than .5 ohm RDA everytime I would change the battery otherwise I would receive a short protection error! Now no matter I screw into the Unik it will no longer fire and gives me Short Protection warnings! I contacted Luxyoun about this and they will do nothing to resolve the situation and was more than rude with me!

I am just glad I did not send them the $2,000 check last week for products for my shop! Especially after seeing how they deal with customer service!

Were else can I post to warn people about Luxyoun Products 5150? I want to make sure nobody else has the same experience I did with their products!
So Luxyoun refuses to honor their own warranty?!

I hope the people of YouTube are LOUD about this.

No, I'm not happy with my Smaug, and said before I would never have bought it, had I known what I know now. But I can't hold that against you.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Luxyoun refuses to honor their own warranty?!

I hope the people of YouTube are LOUD about this.

No, I'm not happy with my Smaug, and said before I would never have bought it, had I known what I know now. But I can't hold that against you.

No they are not doing anyhing to assist me and was extremely rude about it. They are extremely nice when they want your money IE when I was going to make a $2,069 purchase with them last week. Now I have a simple issue with one of their products and they won't do anything to help... Basically told me to no longer e-mail them and they were not going to sell to me any longer! I will do anything in my power to spread the TRUTH about Luxyoun!
Their products are garbarge bottom of the barrel quality! I hope no one else has to deal with the issue's I have with them. I should post the e-mails from Luxyoun about this situation!

I will be posting a youtube video this morning about my problems!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bang Bang, Get em

maybethis is a defect, I actually see the same Common problems the Sigelei boxes have been dealing with and warranties with those also. Most the time the dealer directly has to take the hit.

I certainly have some gripes

Especially the winding noise pre-heatup of RDA.
I still question it's overall study-ness, if I were to drop it just right I'm not sure the result.
I was disappointed with the solder point on the battery connection. As somebody who once soldered chips and wire for a living, this was disappointing

I'll get back on with a rep, I spoke with one personally and asked a few things about orders, common crap.. I want to confirm this experience, keep in mind these guys broke off their partner and do not have massive production. but some of these things are down right not acceptable, for a -2- year warranty, I know I Wont be going down quietly if problems creep up in the future for whatever reason.

I still have a outweighing list of Pro's when I compare the flaws, I know they are from china or w/e but I really hope their CS isn't this bad -certainly some bs flynic sux you had to go thru that - unleash the beast

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aha! dude I looked at the video and said the same thing to my self
- took care of that issue tho
At least they were/are clean.

Ever see that indoor smoker dudes reviews? I can't watch em, filthy as shit nails.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

So much for the highly regarded Sigelei Engineer. Some of these Chinese companies will do or say anything to get your one time business. As soon as they cash your check, screw you

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update : We've Tested 5 RDA's We're Unable to fire past .4 on one
Fires on everything else we have mode wise

Short Error
It reads at .3 We're going to do a rebuild on it, it's an additional Dark Horse, Not the same one tested in video. I'll try and build another and get an update

FlyNic, i off sub question, what batteries are you currently using?

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bang Bang, Get em

maybethis is a defect, I actually see the same Common problems the Sigelei boxes have been dealing with and warranties with those also. Most the time the dealer directly has to take the hit.

I still question it's overall study-ness, if I were to drop it just right I'm not sure the result.
I was disappointed with the solder point on the battery connection. As somebody who once soldered chips and wire for a living, this was disappointing

I'll get back on with a rep, I spoke with one personally and asked a few things about orders, common crap.. I want to confirm this experience, keep in mind these guys broke off their partner and do not have massive production. but some of these things are down right not acceptable, for a -2- year warranty, I know I Wont be going down quietly if problems creep up in the future for whatever reason.

I still have a outweighing list of Pro's when I compare the flaws, I know they are from china or w/e but I really hope their CS isn't this bad -certainly some bs flynic sux you had to go thru that - unleash the beast

I think I should post the e-mails I received from them... I couldn't believe the shit he was saying. Basically, no they will not stand behind any of their products or even honor the warranty they offer! So I Have a $66 paperweight less than a month old...

It looks like that is the case Robert B... just take the money and run!
That is why I will stop at nothing to make sure the word is spread about this situation and their product! The burned the wrong one.... I am not going to allow this to happen to anyone else and I will do anything to help make sure it doesn't happen again!

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a sony VTC5 and a purple efest 35a 2500mAh

I know the efest is just a re-wrap and doesn't really handle 35A continious... but they are both good enough batteries for what I am running. I just order two Sammys as well that should be in shortly.

I typically ran the unik using a Mutation X V2 w/ .35 ohm dual coil setup running @ 45-50 watts
Nothing crazy really...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last off sub lol
Do you see any performance difference between the two, I have a pair of each otw coincidentally.

- just battery wise, not mod particiular

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bang Bang, Get em

Honestly it is an issue that deals with the same thing your dealing with! Their boards go whacko when you run coils lower than .5 Ohm... When changing the battery in my unik when it actually worked, so once I swapped the battery I would have to unscrew my RDA, screw in another with .5ohm coils or higher then fire it a couple of times. After that I could screw in my Mutation X V2 w/ dual .35 Ohm coils and it would work fine most of the time. This went on this way for about two weeks until the board completely failed and no matter how high the Ohm level of the coil the board says short protection and doesnt fire... It is completely FUBAR! No 2 weeks later... Like I said I am just happy I did not send them the check for the large order I was going to make.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted a YouTube Warning! Any other idea's on good places to make a post and share my story and video so others do not have the same problem?

Cheers!

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last off sub lol
Do you see any performance difference between the two, I have a pair of each otw coincidentally.

- just battery wise, not mod particiular
Not much difference at all really... if there is any difference in performance. They are both good batteries. I just ordered a couple of Sammys to try them out.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Call Robert B and thank you kindly for the suggestion!

Cheers!

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread did a quick 180. Sucks for you guys I hope you can get some sort of resolution.
I know my friend and it is sad really! They had the opportunity to really step up and make something of themselves in the marketplace but have decided to take the low road... putting out garbage and providing no customer service after the sale, once something goes wrong!

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Freemind and Vape719 tell me more about your smaug 150watt and your Unik V2 150watt Vape719... I am just curious what you think so far. I am curious to hear more about the Unik V2! Your having issue's with anything below .5 Ohm?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The charger does a shitty job. Takes 12+ hours to charge via USB.

It takes using 50 watts on the Smaug to equal 35 on the Sig 100 V2.

Fire button contact is not always good. Sometimes you have to press harder to get it to fire.

Wish I would have just bought a Sig 150. Next box probably will be, if someone buys my Smaug.

VU Sponsors