Authentic "Nut" flavor?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had plenty of "nutty" ry4s, my favorite kind. But, I cannot seem to find the flavoring to replicate that nut flavor. The toasted almonds I've had taste more like peanut butter, to me. Had high hopes for FA Nut Mix, but I get more of the dryness of nuts rather than the nutty flavor I'm looking for, like the powdered stuff at the bottom of a can of mixed nuts, if that makes sense to anyone.... Does anyone have any recommendations to a true nutty flavoring?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hazelnut or Walnut?

Hazelnut scares me, in my early vaping I was told by a local B&M worker that EVO's "Timber" tasted like hazelnut, no way literally vomited. Tastes like drift wood, horrible. So I associate hazelnut vape with timber now. Is there a woody taste (assuming you are referring to FAs version?). Is Walnut "woody"?

i like pistachio too.. :)
but pecan is my fav <3

Which manufacturers?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i mix tfa with fa Curly.. love to make Pistachio Ice Cream with a lil irish cream ;)
Tfa pistachio, definitely isn't what I want. While good its more like green pistachio pudding or ice cream to me.
It is good but I don't taste anything like a pistachio you can get in a bag at the grocery (more what I'm going for, without the salt. Not a raw pistachio either though)
How's the TFA pecan compare to something like pecans found in baking section at the grocery store? That would be perfect!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you had FA Nut Mix? If so, how does it compare?
No, I haven't, sorry. If you want to try the HS pre-mixed before you buy the flavoring, I got an email this morning from Caterpillar Vapes. They're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale, today is the last day. The code is TurkeyTwo10 for 10ml bottles. They're usually only 2.99 anyway.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA pistachio is very woody. It's also been re formulated for the ecig line. Bull city vapor carries it. Fa hazelnut tastes like hazelnut.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Tfa pistachio, definitely isn't what I want. While good its more like green pistachio pudding or ice cream to me.
It is good but I don't taste anything like a pistachio you can get in a bag at the grocery (more what I'm going for, without the salt. Not a raw pistachio either though)
How's the TFA pecan compare to something like pecans found in baking section at the grocery store? That would be perfect!

i mix the 2 of them (pistachio), but extreme low percents..
.5% pistachio tfa
.25% pistachio fa

then i play around with creams.. i like it, it's not for every one.. ;)

I <3 the pecan.. I use it from 1-2% and yes, just like what you can get at a farmer's market..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Is Walnut "woody"?

After reading your reaction to other nut flavors, if you're choosing from FA flavors, Walnut is the one I'd recommend. It's mild, not dry, not as distinctive as some others (ahem, hazelnut). It's a mild English walnut flavor, not a strong or bitter black walnut. When combined with tobaccos, FA Walnut adds nut flavor and (depending on the tobacco) might add a rich/buttery note. You'd notice that rich note a lot with TFA's RY4 Double, not quite as much with FA's RY4. Tobaccos with no caramel flavor in them, Walnut tends to add just the mild nut flavor and not really make it richer. In other words, if the tobacco flavoring has acetyl pyrazine in it, Walnut will add to the ap effect as well as adding nut flavor. I think you'll like it.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After reading your reaction to other nut flavors, if you're choosing from FA flavors, Walnut is the one I'd recommend. It's mild, not dry, not as distinctive as some others (ahem, hazelnut). It's a mild English walnut flavor, not a strong or bitter black walnut. When combined with tobaccos, FA Walnut adds nut flavor and (depending on the tobacco) might add a rich/buttery note. You'd notice that rich note a lot with TFA's RY4 Double, not quite as much with FA's RY4. Tobaccos with no caramel flavor in them, Walnut tends to add just the mild nut flavor and not really make it richer. In other words, if the tobacco flavoring has acetyl pyrazine in it, Walnut will add to the ap effect as well as adding nut flavor. I think you'll like it.
I'm not opposed to using another manufacturer, FA has just been the best overall, if I can make it happen with FA I'd rather go that route, but not mandatory.
I have a bunch of Ry4 Double, so that's probably going to be the "base" flavor but also thinking I may use some NET once I get this nut flavor down.
Think I'm going to order FA Walnut and TFA Pecan (if Drew can get that one in at BCV), even though that pecan has the bad stuff in it.
I appreciate everyone's help! I'll report back here how they work out.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hazelnut or Walnut?
So I got FA hazelnut and FA walnut in, waiting for BCV to get tfa pecan in. Unfortunately, I don't think either are what I'm looking for... I need to play more with walnut, not getting much at all @4%. I can say I think Hazelnut is a main ingredient in FA Nut Mix. I'm not getting much of the "nutty" part.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really? That's surprising. For me, I can taste it at 1%. Funny how everyone's tastes are SO different. I hope you find your nut, Curly! LOL

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curly, have you already tried using AP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curly, have you already tried using AP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup... After resting a few days hazelnut @2% is closer to what I want but still not "it", unfortunately.

VU Sponsors