Become a Patron!

Authentic Sonys?

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can I tell if my vtc4's are authentic? Anybody have pictures of confirmed authentics?

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many times have you charge / discharged your VTC4 batteries? If it's an older battery you will notice decreased capacity. The other thing is the Samsung 25R is 2500mAh, while the Sony VTC4 is 2000mAh. So you will notice a longer run-time with the Samsungs.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
As I mentioned in the other post, you absolutely cannot tell by cosmetics alone anymore. I mean it's still worth checking to make sure it's not a bad fake but VTC4 and VTC5 fakes have gotten so good that the only way to be able to say with any certainty is with a lot of expensive testing. You just have to buy from trusted companies nowadays.

Also the sticker on them is irrelevant, that's usually added by the shipping company.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@battery bro They are both a few weeks old. The sonys have clear plastic stickers and all the authentic ones seem to have white labels on them.
Sony sends a stock letter to everyone who inquires. They say they have stopped making all 18650 batteries, they cannot guarantee authenticity, and if you do happen to get an authentic, it is old stock. They quit making them at least 18 months ago, maybe longer.

VU Sponsors