Become a Patron!

AV m5 no airflow

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so it's true as they say, there pipe bombs. I have a aluminium m5 SRS AV and did some maintenance noticed the button and button housing is too close together and only about 5% of air can flow through the button! that's no good. so I'm thinking I'll sand the edges of the button see if I can get more play but that means a wobbly button. should I drill holes in the button? I'd hate to do that!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you did get into a situation where things are bad enough for a vent, I would hope you had noticed a long time before it happens, or if not, was well away from the mod by then, so I wouldn't worry too much either.

You could add some holes if you wanted, or try sanding like you mentioned. Could you possibly add some holes that would not be noticeable from the outside, but still allowed airflow through the edges of the button?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you did get into a situation where things are bad enough for a vent, I would hope you had noticed a long time before it happens, or if not, was well away from the mod by then, so I wouldn't worry too much either.

You could add some holes if you wanted, or try sanding like you mentioned. Could you possibly add some holes that would not be noticeable from the outside, but still allowed airflow through the edges of the button?
I'm thinking I'll sand the aluminium on the mod on the inside wall. I already did that with steel wool so the fire was smoother. I'll try sandpaper get it down about 0.5mm thinner. would rather leave the button because it is authentic. the mods going to be resurfaced and Anodized maybe just black.
4d850a785d4ea9322c4e444e4db54071.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking I'll sand the aluminium on the mod on the inside wall. I already did that with steel wool so the fire was smoother. I'll try sandpaper get it down about 0.5mm thinner. would rather leave the button because it is authentic. the mods going to be resurfaced and Anodized maybe just black.

That sounds reasonable and shouldn't damage the mod, and hopefully give you enough airflow incase something bad ever did happen.

Was this the mod you wasn't really interested in at first? You did really well there with two authentic mechs if it is that one I am thinking of for $8!
Will the resurfacing and anodising be expensive?[/QUOTE]

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds reasonable and shouldn't damage the mod, and hopefully give you enough airflow incase something bad ever did happen.

Was this the mod you wasn't really interested in at first? You did really well there with two authentic mechs if it is that one I am thinking of for $8!
Will the resurfacing and anodising be expensive?
[/QUOTE]
yeah at first I didn't like the aluminium mod but now that I'm using it more I want to have it redone. I'm going to call around on Wednesday and see if there is a place local that can do it. hopefully it shouldn't cost more than $50.
which is worth it because A the mod is either a clone or authentic, threads are perfect. of course the m5 and SRS markings will be gone but the AV is engraved so that will still be there. I like how light weight the mod is and no finger prints like all my copper stuff. plus the mod is perfect for work. switch won't fire in my pocket because I have a heavy magnetic in there.

VU Sponsors