Become a Patron!

Bad Business Practice?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

I recently received some coil heads (Kanger Subtank .2's) from an online vendor that were damaged upon arrival. The bottom parts of all the coils were not properly sealed and the o-rings were all jacked up. When I tried to use the one that was the best of the bunch my tank leaked like crazy through the AFC.

I contacted the vendor and received an email from the owner apologizing and offering to send me new coils. That was great but the only issue I had was they asked me to cover shipping. Now, the shipping was only $3 but I was kind of put off by that. I know the vendor does not have time to check each coil pack and coils are generally hit or miss, especially from Kanger. Despite that, I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth as I've never been asked to pay shipping for a faulty product. I could understand if it was one out of 5 but this was the entire pack and I even sent detailed pictures to verify.

I'm asking because I had planned on ordering a new mod from them but after that experience I have been kind of hesitant to do business with them again. So, would you all consider this a bad business practice or a case of a butt hurt consumer?

Thanks

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Personally, I would send them another email, and tell them exactly how you felt about the experience, the fact that they expected you to pay the shipping costs for the replacement coils, and finally the fact that you are having second guesses about purchasing from them again. Any reasonable business owner would happily pay shipping costs (especially 3 lousy bucks) to keep a loyal paying customer happy and securing future business from that customer.

Give them one last chance to make things right... :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for weighing in guys. As to their policy, I didn't even bother checking. In fact, when I emailed them, I said that I understood if they didn't warranty coils but they should know in case they got a bad batch in. While the coils were included with the Subtank plus ni200 version, I think they are very new to the market as a 5 pack item. I thought I would give them a heads up so they could check their stock. I personally rarely return or complain about anything, which I understand is a bad consumer policy.

@misthub_rick - thanks for weighing in on this. You do make a good point and I may very well email them back and let them know.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well just a little update - I got my coils sent to me except they were the wrong ones. I ordered .2 and they sent me .5's. My litmus test for a new vendor is to order something small and see how it goes. The vendor failed and I'll never use them again, despite the great deals they offer.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure they were authentic as the dealer is quite reputable. It was Wake and Vape. I really didn't want to mention the name of the vendor unless I was asked. I know that they are active on this forum and I would rather not get into a back and forth with them. Also, Ashely was very quick to respond to my initial email and was very polite.

And for the record, I emailed Ashely on a Saturday so I don't think it was fair for me to mention that in my last post. I will be editing it to reflect that.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just to level the record, I have purchased mods and accessories at Wake & Vape and the experience has been five star without exception. Ashley goes above and beyond, offering stellar customer service.

#notashill

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My experience with this topic. My local B&M are dumping their Kanger Ni coils, and are refusing to restock them. Take from that whatever you want.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm. OK. Noted....

Seems vague eh?
I'm a Kanger groupie. Just bought 2 more last week, and I think they're great.
But I also do my own coils.
I only know what I stated, because I went there to purchase some for an upcoming trip. And couldn't take my tools and wire with me.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just had bad luck with Kanger coils lately. The .2 seem to burn out really quickly and .5's seem to have a quick drop in flavor. Because of that I forced myself to learn how to correctly build on the deck. I personally think that the rebuildable at 25-30 watts beats out all the different coils Kanger makes.

As for the nickel coils, I've found that unless you have the vertical coils, they just suck. All though the horizontal coils were discontinued, pretty much every B&M in my area only carries those and not the verticals.

I got a Starre tank today and finally had a seriously satisfying temp control experience. For the time being, I think I'm done with the Kanger tanks.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've just had bad luck with Kanger coils lately. The .2 seem to burn out really quickly and .5's seem to have a quick drop in flavor. Because of that I forced myself to learn how to correctly build on the deck. I personally think that the rebuildable at 25-30 watts beats out all the different coils Kanger makes.

As for the nickel coils, I've found that unless you have the vertical coils, they just suck. All though the horizontal coils were discontinued, pretty much every B&M in my area only carries those and not the verticals.

I got a Starre tank today and finally had a seriously satisfying temp control experience. For the time being, I think I'm done with the Kanger tanks.

My personal experience with Kanger hasn't been good since the Protank days although I realize the brand is popular.

I share your positive experience with the Starre tank although I use Herakles tanks and use Sense coils in the Starre as well.

It's unfortunate you had a less-than-positive experience with Wake & Vape. Obviously, mine has been the opposite so I felt the need to share it :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My personal experience with Kanger hasn't been good since the Protank days although I realize the brand is popular.

I share your positive experience with the Starre tank although I use Herakles tanks and use Sense coils in the Starre as well.

It's unfortunate you had a less-than-positive experience with Wake & Vape. Obviously, mine has been the opposite so I felt the need to share it :)
Glad you shared it. My go to is My Vapor Store or Sweet Vapes. I've had nothing but stellar experiences but have read of many people having the exact opposite. Hold the phone, I can also use Sense coils in my Starre along with the aspire coils? This tank just gets better and better. For the record, I bought the standard model and not the pro as I don't like the adjustable airflow on the drip dip. Not sure if that makes any difference when using the Sense coils.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you shared it. My go to is My Vapor Store or Sweet Vapes. I've had nothing but stellar experiences but have read of many people having the exact opposite. Hold the phone, I can also use Sense coils in my Starre along with the aspire coils? This tank just gets better and better. For the record, I bought the standard model and not the pro as I don't like the adjustable airflow on the drip dip. Not sure if that makes any difference when using the Sense coils.

You can also use the Melo, Triton, Atlantis v1/v2 coils in the Starre or the identical Maganus. :)

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would give them a shot. How is their response time after your complaint? The shipping charge is most likely in the "terms and conditions" nobody ever reads.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I said before, I didn't even read the terms and when I contacted them I didn't expect anything. In all honestly I just wanted to give them a heads up. Ashely was kind enough to replace the coils but ended up sending me the wrong ones. With most of my hobbies, I'll settle into a couple different vendors and rarely move outside of that comfort zone. As far as my email regarding the wrong coils being sent, I never got a response back.

VU Sponsors