Become a Patron!

Basen batteries

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's going on guys,

Is anyone using Basen batteries ? I use them daily in my Signature 75w and my Fuchai with no issues and pretty good life ( 2500maH and 30A ). Decided to use them in my Colonial and my SMPL,mind you in build around .3-.5 on my mech's and the hit is garbage... Very weak and little vapor production.

What batteries would you suggest for my mech's for building around. 3-.5, VTC's HG2's eFest's ???????

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never eFest in a mech. Unless your looking for cheap facial reconstruction surgery lol.

VTCs, 25rs, HE2/4s

If your building at .3 and above you could even use 30Qs or HG2s

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never eFest in a mech. Unless your looking for cheap facial reconstruction surgery lol.

VTCs, 25rs, HE2/4s

If your building at .3 and above you could even use 30Qs or HG2s

I've read they can be temperamental in mech's. I'm heading to some stores after work so I'm going to probably get a VTC & HG2 and do a comparison. I just wish I got the performance from my Mech's as I do from my regulated devices lol.

Like last night I built a 9w wrap 24g coil and it came out to .6,put it on my colonial mod and a fresh battery and it BARLEY produced any vapor. It was frustrating lol.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's probably due to the fact that Basen batteries are re-wraps, and the specs are inaccurate. You may very well be holding a 15A battery for all you know, at most a 20A. if it's not Sony, Samsung, or LG (and Panasonic, although not very popular) then it's a re-wrap, and has over-inflated specs. Regulated mods, can manage higher power output from weaker batteries due to the buck/boost chips, but mechs draw power directly from the cell, so it needs true power

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've read they can be temperamental in mech's. I'm heading to some stores after work so I'm going to probably get a VTC & HG2 and do a comparison. I just wish I got the performance from my Mech's as I do from my regulated devices lol.

Like last night I built a 9w wrap 24g coil and it came out to .6,put it on my colonial mod and a fresh battery and it BARLEY produced any vapor. It was frustrating lol.
I personally only use VCT4 in my mech mods. I also prefer getting them from http://liionwholesale.com, a reputable vendor.

Regarding the 0.6 Ohm coil. That is the difference of building coils for a mech mod. Do you vape a 24g 0.6 Ohm coil at 22W on your regulated mod? I doubt, since you need more power to properly heat up that thick wire. Therefore, if you want to use a 0.6 Ohm coil on your mech mod, you'd have to use thinner wire, which requires less power to heat up properly. Personally, I like a dual coil 24g, 6 wraps, 3 mm ID build, clocks in at ca. 0.3 Ohm, on my mech mods.

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's probably due to the fact that Basen batteries are re-wraps, and the specs are inaccurate. You may very well be holding a 15A battery for all you know, at most a 20A. if it's not Sony, Samsung, or LG (and Panasonic, although not very popular) then it's a re-wrap, and has over-inflated specs. Regulated mods, can manage higher power output from weaker batteries due to the buck/boost chips, but mechs draw power directly from the cell, so it needs true power

Well that's bullshit. I'll use them for my regulated boxes and that's it from now on. I'll stick to Sony's and LG's now that I have the resources available to me.

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally only use VCT4 in my mech mods. I also prefer getting them from http://liionwholesale.com, a reputable vendor.

Regarding the 0.6 Ohm coil. That is the difference of building coils for a mech mod. Do you vape a 24g 0.6 Ohm coil at 22W on your regulated mod? I doubt, since you need more power to properly heat up that thick wire. Therefore, if you want to use a 0.6 Ohm coil on your mech mod, you'd have to use thinner wire, which requires less power to heat up properly. Personally, I like a dual coil 24g, 6 wraps, 3 mm ID build, clocks in at ca. 0.3 Ohm, on my mech mods.

I'll build a 26g when I get back from the shop and see how that performs. When using a set up like the dual 6 wrap what battery are you using with that,VTC ?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll build a 26g when I get back from the shop and see how that performs. When using a set up like the dual 6 wrap what battery are you using with that,VTC ?
As mentioned, in my mech mods, I'm using VTC4 only.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it's a shame companies do that, they put alot of people at risk by over-inflating specs. Stick with the Big 3, and you should be good. A VTC 3/4 (1600mah/2100mah) or LG HG4/6 (1500mah) are all 30A cells that perform well for mech mods (although you will need to carry a couple, since they are lower Mah batteries)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Aim for a 0.4-0.45 Ohm with the 26g. (Dual coil)

Last edited:

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Basen batteries are rewraps similar to Efest. They use very high quality batteries but overspecify their ratings by up to 2x. So far we're finding their quality control is better though than Efest.

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys,the store was out of HG2's but I got a VTC5 and so far it hits harder and has a faster ramp time than the Basen's but I still can't get a good enough build to have that huge cloud factor.. So I'll keep building.

VU Sponsors