Become a Patron!

Batpack with Joye Eco D16 - Joyetech

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at an AIO device that takes AA batteries, The Batpack with Joye Eco D16 from Joyetech. The Batpack with Joye Eco D16 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/batpack-...e-eco-d16/

In the Box

Introduction

Joyetech are pumping the products out of late yet all have something new to offer and they are always looking in some way to be innovative. The Batpack is a great example of that, a tiny MTL starter AIO device that operates using AA batteries. If you get the kit with batteries included you receive 2 rechargeable Avatar NI-MH AA batteries which are 1.2v each and have an impressive 2100mAh. The device will also run with good branded standard AA batteries, i wouldn't recommend using budget batteries though. I will explain more about how the device can run off AA batteries later in the review, i also called this an AIO kit despite having a removable tank with 510 that's because Joyetech make it clear both device and tank should be used together and not independently.

Contents:

2 x Avatar AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery (also available without included batteries)
1 x Batpack
1 x Joye ECO D16 Atomizer
2 x BFHN 0.5ohm Head
2 x Manual
1 x Warranty Card
2 x Warning Card
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Batpack with Joye Eco D16 is a tiny, stylish little AIO kit, i received the Dazzling version but it's also available in Green, Gold, Red/Gold, Black/Blue and Dark Blue/Pink, the tank has honeycomb top and base sections. front and back of the device has an aesthetically pleasing patterned groove effect, the rest of the device is smooth. Underneath the grooved effect on the front we have "BATPACK" etched on and on the reverse we have "JOYETECH". One side of the device there is a clicky, rectangular Black fire button at the top and towards the bottom a little notch to help get the back off the device. The other side of the device is featureless and so is the base apart from Black printed safety stamps. Moving to the top to one side we have a spring loaded 510 and next to this a slit for the LED to shine through. The Batpack is a well made sturdy little device, but worth mentioning that it's very slim so not as stable as most devices. The device is lovely to hold and fire, it's very ergonomically friendly indeed.

Size Comparison

Batpack Specs and Features:

Size:112.5 x 37.00 x 18.0mm
E-liquid capacity: 2.0ml
Applicable head: BFHN 0.5ohm head
AA Batteries/AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
Light-weight and Pocket-size
Innovative & Safe ECO Tech
Ultra Efficient Low Voltage Technology
Optimized for High Nicotine/Nicotine Salt
Colours: Dazzling, Green, Gold, Red/Gold, Black/Blue, Dark Blue/Pink.

Joye Eco D16 Tank

The Joye Eco D16 is basically taking the AIO tank from the ego AIO Eco, making it bigger dimensions and adding a base with 510 pin (turning it into a tank). It takes the same BFHN 0.5ohm Coil Heads which are designed to be optimal at 7W even though they are 0.5ohm giving quite impressive cloud for such low wattage and ideal for high nic and nicotine salts. The coils also give very good MTL flavour when at best but the more i have used these coils the more i am realising they lose optimal flavour quite quickly. The draw is quite tight, a genuine MTL vape and filling the 2ml tank is a breeze, simply unscrew the top and fill. Another thing to note is the coil heads are long and take up the whole air chamber making it quite a messy business when changing them.

How AA Batteries?

We are use to using batteries like 18650's and more recently 20700 etc because vaping products tend to need higher voltage than you would get from batteries like AA's. In recent times eco devices have been released with Joyetech leading the way. They work by using a low ohm resistant coil head which has been designed to run at very low wattage allowing for low voltage to be used, the devices then are regulated to give a constant low voltage output, Joyetech go for 1.87v, we first saw this technology from Joyetech with the ego AIO Eco. This low voltage means that a device can run with duel AA batteries, in fact more safely than the batteries we usually use making this device great for starters before they learn more about how vaping works and battery safety.

Using the Batpack

Very simple device, the back comes off the device for you to fit the batteries and orientation is very clearly marked, the back secures back into place impressively with a snap due to very strong magnets. The device is 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off then simply press the fire button and vape, That's it! The device does have battery status indication with the use of a LED light which shines through a slit on top of the device, indication is as followed:

76% - 100% steady on

51% - 75% slow flash

10% - 49% medium speed flash

0% - 9% fast flash.

Performance

The Batpack with Joye Eco D16 gives a reliable constant MTL vape, and is very comfortable to use. The rechargeable AA batteries combined give 4200mAh (on the website it says the batteries are 2000mAh but the ones i received were 2100mAh), with the device running at only 1.87v giving approximately a 7w vape, you don't have to be a mathematics wiz to work out what i'm going to say next, the battery life is great! One thing worth bearing in mind is there is no micro USB port so rechargeable batteries will need to be charged in an external charger or good branded disposable AA's will be needed.

Conclusion

AA batteries for a starter in my opinion is a great idea and the device gives a very nice MTL consistent vape, with good flavour and descent cloud. It must be mentioned though the coil heads don't keep optimal flavour for long and changing coil heads can be a bit messy.

The Use of AA batteries
Stealth vape
Pocket friendly
Ideal for high nic and nic salts
Ideal starters device
Consistent vape
Great price
top-fill
Leak free
Good flavour and cloud
Great battery life
Battery status indication

Dislikes

Coils don't have great life
Messy coil change
Topple over candidate

I would like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Batpack with Joye Eco D16 for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/batpack-...e-eco-d16/

VU Sponsors