Become a Patron!

Batteries parallel?

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to VU, so what's up everyone. I recently got an unregulated dual 18650 box mod. I was told the batteries are supposed to be running in parallel. But when I noticed battery power getting low, and went to charge the batteries, one was drained, and the other had a full charge. All my connections were good. I dont get it.

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
I'm curious to see what happens cuz I know in my Dovpo unregulated box my batteries sometimes drain unevely but they both do drain and they're never too far apart

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
First-that is a GORGEOUS box!! Is it possible that perhaps you hardly used the batteries and that the charger didn't notice it had been used? I use the 4 slot intellicharger and the blinking lights don't seem all that accurate. I can pull batteries off of it while it's still charging and my sigelei box will say 100%. I tend to trust a $100 box mod's word over a $20 charger's hehe. The websites all say it's a parallel box, might just be a wonky gauge on your charger

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First-that is a GORGEOUS box!! Is it possible that perhaps you hardly used the batteries and that the charger didn't notice it had been used? I use the 4 slot intellicharger and the blinking lights don't seem all that accurate. I can pull batteries off of it while it's still charging and my sigelei box will say 100%. I tend to trust a $100 box mod's word over a $20 charger's hehe. The websites all say it's a parallel box, might just be a wonky gauge on your charger
Thanks...very solid box, jus hope it works right, lol. I have a Xtar charger, it's been trustworthy so far. One battery was drained down to 3.2 or so and the other one was untouched at 4.2

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks...very solid box, jus hope it works right, lol. I have a Xtar charger, it's been trustworthy so far. One battery was drained down to 3.2 or so and the other one was untouched at 4.2

That is super weird....i don't know enough to say anything. Perhaps it wasn't (or isn't) making connection somewhere. Are the batteries brand new? If they're new then i'm all out of ideas haha

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is super weird....i don't know enough to say anything. Perhaps it wasn't (or isn't) making connection somewhere. Are the batteries brand new? If they're new then i'm all out of ideas haha
Haha, I hear ya, thanks tho. Yeah batteries are brand new. I'll be checking connections

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm curious to see what happens cuz I know in my Dovpo unregulated box my batteries sometimes drain unevely but they both do drain and they're never too far apart
I'll keep ya posted after I check connects

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Connection was the problem. The head of the pin inside the box that makes contact with the battery also has to make connection to the copper plate to complete the connection. In order to make that happen I had to tighten and bring everything up, and that raises the pin that makes contact with my atomizer. Now my atty does not sit exactly flush. It is a design flaw, but both batteries are working together now.

Diesel_Danno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Connection was the problem. The head of the pin inside the box that makes contact with the battery also has to make connection to the copper plate to complete the connection. In order to make that happen I had to tighten and bring everything up, and that raises the pin that makes contact with my atomizer. Now my atty does not sit exactly flush. It is a design flaw, but both batteries are working together now.
https://buzzboxmod.com/product/75mm-3d-printed-510-connector-washer/?age-verified=d55c705113
This is a neat little piece that can help correct attys with a gap. Has color options too. I don't know if it is what you want, but it may help

VU Sponsors